Who is worse Hadley or Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is a worse commentator

• Ray Hadley

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Wally Lewis

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Seriously I don't know what is worse.

The dribble that comes out of Hadleys mouth or Wally Lewis love affair with the bongos.

Lewis shouldn't be allowed to commented the bongos because his commentary is clearly biased (for obvious reasons) and its one of the most annoying things in the game.

I watched half the game on mute.

Anyway who is worse...

Yeah even gus, whose constant rambling drives most people off a cliff doesn't bang on that much about the riff.

I don't think Lewis knows how to commentate a team other than bogos

You should have heard locky at half time screw everything up then just go "Ahhh ****" and have to do another take ....the things you see on the livestream

Lewis is worse.

Hadley describes the game well on radio. On TV he forgets we actually have eyes. This doesn't change the fact he is a "grade A" dillhole though and a bully.

But Lewis makes me feel like doing a Chopper to my ears.

I don't mind bias in commentators, as long as its done with a sense of humour and its known. The ex player themselves can be biased as long as the professional does his job and gets them admit their bias could be in play on a certain call.

Hadley is just a loud mouth, try hard bully.

If Gus can do an unbiased call, why can't Lewis.

Whilst I don't think Hadley's a great TV caller, at least he's unbiased.

Personally I don't know who is worse. Lewis with his bias towards the Donkeys or Brad "I love the Chooks and especially Schitzel Piss" Fittler.

Though Friday night was kinda refreshing. Freddie was actually acknowledging his Panthers roots.

Lewis though.....should never be allowed near a microphone when the Donkeys are playing. I can understand his Qld bias during Origin, but didn't he have a major fallout with Brisbane at the end of 1990 leading to him going to the Gold Coast? His cheering for them during commentary is a bit much.

Unfortunately though, Nein seem to have this belief that unless ex-Qld and Broncos players are commentating on games with any of the Qld teams then none of the bogans north of the Tweed will bother to watch.

ALinda said:
If Gus can do an unbiased call, why can't Lewis.

Whilst I don't think Hadley's a great TV caller, at least he's unbiased.

I reckon Ray's prejudices are a bit more complex Linda; and he'd struggle to be unbiased calling a Raiders game now...God forbid!

As far as the Q goes, they're equally poor in their own way, but Ray somehow gives me the irrits more.

Wally's just a harmless wanker these days.

RiverEagle said:
I reckon Ray's prejudices are a bit more complex Linda; and he'd struggle to be unbiased calling a Raiders game now...God forbid!

As far as the Q goes, they're equally poor in their own way, but Ray somehow gives me the irrits more.

True RE. I still think Hadley's unprejudiced (or comes across unprejudiced but inside for certain teams he wouldn't be!) but agree he's irritating as a TV caller.

Wally's just outright biased.

Don't know who was commentating with gus and wally last night but twice in a row he referred to hiku as lui. Thought then it was going to be a long commentary night.

As for the question, 2 different commentators. ray is the caller, wally is the throw comments in guy.

Therefore as we hear more of hadley, I'll say he is worse.

That was Tim Gilbert @globaleagle

Unfortunately on the Fox replay they still had the Nein crew this week, not Warren Smith and Brandy etc.

Not sure why (couldn't be a shortage of cash there!) but as lazy or amateurish as the call was yesterday, still better than listening to the halfpenny ravings of Hadley.

RiverEagle said:
That was Tim Gilbert @globaleagle

Unfortunately on the Fox replay they still had the Nein crew this week, not Warren Smith and Brandy etc.

Not sure why (couldn't be a shortage of cash there!) but as lazy or amateurish as the call was yesterday, still better than listening to the halfpenny ravings of Hadley.

Gilbert....more like dilbert! amirite???? lol sigh.

Watching a pre game yesterday... smith goes (supposedly off air) Hey the cheer girls are dancing....so straight on to you tube then! - kind of making fun that they never get on air.

The things a lot of these guys say before they are on....I should do a list.

Do a list for sure @globaleagle

Bit of fun; bit of comeuppance for many a media-ite that frankly, hold us hostage or over a barrel (whatever cliche best describes being taken-for-granted for you) and simply confirm that most of em are actually no better or wiser than US.

Although I bet a few are watching their P's and Q's are little more right now, after Wok n Morrow's latest gaff!

Have they increased the amount of ads? When they don't have full on ads they have ads across the bottom of the screen and commentators talking about what shows are coming up. It was almost like the match was an unfortunate interruption for them.

globaleagle said:
The things a lot of these guys say before they are on....I should do a list.

I work in the tv industry and hear the clean feeds for all these games, both Fox and TCN. A couple of months ago i heard Rabbits Warren start singing during pre-game checks. Its quite amusing listening to the different commentators of different sports. You're basically eavesdropping on them during their 'normal' time. Fittler and Joey Johns are deadset Dumb and Dumber (off air as well as on air). Im sure Fittler has ADD. He's one slice short of a loaf.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6