Who has improved in 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A bit of both I guess...plus our roster being far more suited to the "old" game, not the "new" one and maybe the Covid factor is affecting us more than other teams. Maybe.

Maybe it is more like our roster and coaching hasn't adapted than "haven't improved". Maybe it's the same thing. IDK.

Maybe our pack is too big and slow for this new game and it's quite obvious our backs are either not getting enough opportunities OR can't compete with our opponents.
Most games it doesn’t take much to swing momentum. We are entirely different team with a fit Turbo at the back. He alone makes that much of a difference to this side. Heck we all know it. Add Walker in and we really ain’t that far away. It’s just unfortunate that injuries have done us in again. And compounded by the short season. Oh well maybe young Hoppa will get a run before the season ends. Something to look forward to I guess as I’m struggling to see us making the finals right now.

Suli was actually better when he didn't think he was going to break every tackle. At least then he was passing the ball to others who had space. I honestly can't remember this year when he has passed the ball out to Garrick despite the fact that the opposition winger has come in to help his centre tackle Suli and left Reubes a clear run. Unfortunately its resulted in Suli dying with the ball way too many times.

I don't mind him trying to break tackles because he's certainly capable of doing that. But he seems to have forgotten that part of being a good centre is being able to set up his winger. In a lot of ways he's playing more like a battering ram back rower out on our right than he is the centre. And for mine that's certainly not an improvement.
Entirely agree. However Siro plays a big role here. That right side looks like my sons under tens team. First guy just wants to run never thinks pass, rarely gets to the Centre and when it does he’s trying to make the run beat the tackle score the try. Winger might touch it once or twice a game. At least my son (Centre) scored two try’s on the weekend so that’s better than what Moses produces with his rare touches. Lol

I can't really think of anyone at Manly that has taken their game to the next level this year.
Turbo- injured too much
Jorge- Backwards
Parker- No real improvement
Suli- Not getting any ball to show us
Garrick- Backwards
Walker- injured too much
Chez- ok but expect more for his $
Taupau - Backwards
AFB - at least as good
Thommo - Backwards
Siro- Runs sideways too much
Gosiewski- Backwards
Waddell- Same same
Jake- Meh
Cust- early to say but looks the goods
Sipley- Not even given a chance
Paseka- is probably the only one to improve
Olokoa-atu Not given a chance
DES - Backwards

Why is it that no-one has really improved this year? Is it the new rules? Is it team selections that means we are too slow and never get on the front foot for players to stand up? Or is it an attitude problem? Has Des just lost his mojo?

Entirely agree. However Siro plays a big role here. That right side looks like my sons under tens team. First guy just wants to run never thinks pass, rarely gets to the Centre and when it does he’s trying to make the run beat the tackle score the try. Winger might touch it once or twice a game. At least my son (Centre) scored two try’s on the weekend so that’s better than what Moses produces with his rare touches. Lol
Not to defend Moses, as I personally feel he does not get involved enough regardless of not seeing as much of the ball come his way or not....but I will say 1 thing - he is that X factor player that is rightly told to "run before pass"..."take on the defence at every opportunity"....the problem has been doing so flat footed and again, not looking for the ball at speed, why not have him challenging the edges off the halves sometimes - maybe add another option to Thmmo and Sirro now and then ?
There's the oldest rule in footy - only pass the ball to someone in a better position than yourself.....and I think by the time Suli gets the ball (well in most cases) he is in a better place to run the ball than dishing off to the winger to get thrown into a grandstand or simply cut back in....this is due to the build up and structures and will include, not enough momentum built in the ruck before shifting wide.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6