Who brings the most / least to the league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lost of talk about strong clubs, fans, memebers, resources but we are only talking about pieces in the pie. The bigger the pie, the bigger the pieces

The strength of rubgy league should not be counted in days, seasons , premierships but overall

In my lifetime, the big 4 in the game that have really crippled the game.

1 SuperLeague
2 the seriously underwhelming tv rights contract signed by giddy up gallop
3 expansion
4 storm promise that ran approx 15 years where millions was paid to them every year to prop them up as a super league agreement. They were owned by news lts so it was merely a funnel of funds . There slice of the pie

The first 2 , well the speak for themselves expansion has been successful and unsuccessful
The slashing of perth for SL purposes
bronco dominence in SEQ. Contracturally it appears they were the demise of the crushers and also had an exclusivity agreement that restricted expansion in Brisbane when serious bids such as the east coast tiger franchise was unable to gain ground. Cut off the nuts like woolies running the butcher out of shopping centres

The broncos, and news ltd are always the alleged demoninator in our games woes and have caused waaay more money issues than covid.

But i see they are seen as the number one club........huh.

Not sure all franchise systems would allow the individual dominance at the expense of the whole pie. It doesnt make sense until you follow the money

The common denominator is News Filth! Caused so much misery in the mid 90s when the game was really flying and super greed almost killed it. The NRL allowed them to build up the Donkeys and the Drizzle and made them powerhouses at our expense and both clubs rorted the system to get their success!

When I read the post header, it got me thinking, the game needs an overhaul and if there was one major it would be a reduce team comp.
I think the game would be best served with 14 teams , playing 2 proper rounds and the player pool will be divided up with two less clubs , so basically 60 odd " first graders", meaning a better (stronger) talent pool per club.

There would also then be less teams for junior and developing players so the game may loose some of the " not so good players" or to assist in keeping the larger player pool the league then also runs a reggies series for every club.

This would bring a better game, better comp and the game will thrive as teams will pick up sponsors etc.

I know I'm a Manly fan and some may say I'm looking through Maroon and White glasses but if we are to reduce the comp I think this would be the strongest comp and the best outcome for the game.

1- Brisbane Broncos ( Brisbane foundation team and well established, Privately owned club)
2- Brisbane Sharks ( Relocation of the Cronulla Sharks)
3- North Qld Cowboys ( Strong supporter base, top of QLD covering a large area)
4- Newcastle Knights- (Northern NSW covering large area outside Sydney metro, good stadium and huge fan base)
5- Manly Sea Eagles ( Northern Sydney area, good supporter base, team the rest of the league love to hate, Privately owned club)
6- Canberra Raiders ( ACT area coverage, good stadium and good supporter base, well established club)
7- Eastern Suburbs- ( Foundation club, centre of Sydney CBD, Club most fans hate and lots of political power within the game)
8- Souths Sydney- ( Foundation club, Eastern suburbs of Sydney CBD, huge supporter base, Arguable the games identity club)
9- St George (Already a merger club, has now established itself and should remain to represent the south of NSW)
10- Parramatta Panthers-Western Sydney ( Merger between Parramatta and the Penrith panthers, huge area coverage and fan base. they would wear Blue, Gold and Brown)
11- West Tigers ( same as St George, Already a merger club, has now established itself and has earnt the right to remain, represents a huge area in Sydney west)
12- Canterbury Bulldogs (Huge leagues club backing, financial power house with good supporter base, they are just to strong to relocate and thats why teh Sharks are the only team to do so.)
13- Melbourne Storm (Vic representation , have a strong supporter base and well established in Vic)
14- NZ Warriors ( NZ rep, covers NZ area, well established club, privately owned)

Unfortunately no room for:
Gold Coast Titans ( The second Brisbane team that is really needed will also mean the end of the Titans, With the Sharks relocating they will do that as a stand alone venture.)
The only other club that could relocate would be the Canterbury Bulldogs but as noted above they are financially to strong and the Sharks will have to move.

When I read the post header, it got me thinking, the game needs an overhaul and if there was one major it would be a reduce team comp.
I think the game would be best served with 14 teams , playing 2 proper rounds and the player pool will be divided up with two less clubs , so basically 60 odd " first graders", meaning a better (stronger) talent pool per club.

There would also then be less teams for junior and developing players so the game may loose some of the " not so good players" or to assist in keeping the larger player pool the league then also runs a reggies series for every club.

This would bring a better game, better comp and the game will thrive as teams will pick up sponsors etc.

I know I'm a Manly fan and some may say I'm looking through Maroon and White glasses but if we are to reduce the comp I think this would be the strongest comp and the best outcome for the game.

1- Brisbane Broncos ( Brisbane foundation team and well established, Privately owned club)
2- Brisbane Sharks ( Relocation of the Cronulla Sharks)
3- North Qld Cowboys ( Strong supporter base, top of QLD covering a large area)
4- Newcastle Knights- (Northern NSW covering large area outside Sydney metro, good stadium and huge fan base)
5- Manly Sea Eagles ( Northern Sydney area, good supporter base, team the rest of the league love to hate, Privately owned club)
6- Canberra Raiders ( ACT area coverage, good stadium and good supporter base, well established club)
7- Eastern Suburbs- ( Foundation club, centre of Sydney CBD, Club most fans hate and lots of political power within the game)
8- Souths Sydney- ( Foundation club, Eastern suburbs of Sydney CBD, huge supporter base, Arguable the games identity club)
9- St George (Already a merger club, has now established itself and should remain to represent the south of NSW)
10- Parramatta Panthers-Western Sydney ( Merger between Parramatta and the Penrith panthers, huge area coverage and fan base. they would wear Blue, Gold and Brown)
11- West Tigers ( same as St George, Already a merger club, has now established itself and has earnt the right to remain, represents a huge area in Sydney west)
12- Canterbury Bulldogs (Huge leagues club backing, financial power house with good supporter base, they are just to strong to relocate and thats why teh Sharks are the only team to do so.)
13- Melbourne Storm (Vic representation , have a strong supporter base and well established in Vic)
14- NZ Warriors ( NZ rep, covers NZ area, well established club, privately owned)

Unfortunately no room for:
Gold Coast Titans ( The second Brisbane team that is really needed will also mean the end of the Titans, With the Sharks relocating they will do that as a stand alone venture.)
The only other club that could relocate would be the Canterbury Bulldogs but as noted above they are financially to strong and the Sharks will have to move.
I like it.
That post should be sent straight to the NRL to implement. Well done.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6