Who - am - I ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A rugby league player . . . but who? here's some clues:
I've played for NSW.
I've played in a grand final.
I played for Manly in a premiership year - but didn't do the victory lap.
I played for Australia.
I'm even a Manly junior!
Who am I????

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
I'll give it a day and then maybe some more clues.
Definitely a Manly junior!
i just want to know wether he played for any other team  as well &  if so did he represent aust while playing for the other team?? lol SER8  ;D  just give me the answer .. 

It's trivia - you are supposed to guess! If no-one can get it I'll give more clues  :)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289204331[/time]

All right all right, here's your clue.
No he never played against Manly (although someone in his family did).

Bonus clue: he played a total of eight seasons at Manly, but he wasn't a regular first grader in his final year.

Probably some tricky terminology used by SER8 and it might be someone like Mal Cochrane.  Played for NSW Country and got kneed in the head in the 87 GF and maybe didn't do the lap? Born in Taree but we were his first NRL club. I'm clutching here :)

i can only think of 2  players who had  a  brother playing  for another team while they played for us..  noel cleal  & phil blake ,, cleals not a manly junior  & blake isnt a forward lol..& didnt play for australia that i remember..

..in your next clue just tell me what year he played for australia, was there kangaroo tours still happening when he did play for aust..

I didn'y say brother, I said 'someone in his family' lol.
He played for Australia against England in  . . . 1966 . . . !!

just testing ;D  lol

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289287221[/time]

the premiership yr would have  to be 72`

Is that so? (lol)

No it was '73...
(but he wasn't in that team).

His son played for Illawarra for a couple of years.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289300780[/time]

this is him - name and bio tomorrow!

bradstreet.jpg

Yes that's him MB, a blast from the past.

http://soaringseaeagles.tripod.com/players/playersb.htm
Bill Bradstreet
1964-1970, 1973. Lock
Manly junior and the son of former Norths forward Fred Bradstreet, gave great service to the Sea Eagles, playing in the 1968 Grand Final loss to Souths. Bill played one test for Australia against England in 1966 and represented NSW 3 times in 1966-67. In 1971 he captain-coached Port Kembla before returning to Manly in 1973. His son Darren played first grade for Illawarra. His son Shaun played cricket for NSW.

not sure why I can't do the picture, but you can see him on that link

haha yes, and he was a good player I'd say. Not sure why he wasn't in the '70 GF, he may have been injured. And of course after that we had a rather high profile import Mal Reilly filling the lock spot. I don't think Bill appeared much in 1st grade in '73, but he may have filled in on occasion.

Imagine if someone in his family married into the family of former Chief Justice Lawrence Street, they could have a son and name him...

Brad Bradstreet-Street.

... ah, the off-season  :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7