whichever way I look at it = major problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
ok
I'm going to get slammed
I reckon we're gone
we've skated all season
we've never really been that convincing
in all honesty
and us ever optimistic fans have been teased by some good sporadic performances
can we go hard from here and win the comp?
there's the major problem
no
is the answer

Baz,

As a long time supporter that could never follow another team I (and I'm sure everyone else) am just wondering which team (mentally) will take the field on Saturday.

The sad thing is if they come out and smash Melbourne it doesn't really set the mind at ease because like you said 'sporadic performances' seem to be the only thing that is consistent.

Who will show up on Saturday, and if it's our good team will they show up again the week after? ???

where did you honestly expect us to be placed at the end of, or at this point in the season given last season and losing Orford

Dan link said:
where did you honestly expect us to be placed at the end of, or at this point in the season given last season and losing Orford

In the top 8 , and hoping for top 4 .
Pretty much on track , except for the Knights fiasco.

At the start of the season ,and with 2 very fresh halves, I thought we'd make the 8 but down the bottom of the 8, I think we'll be close to that.

I am looking at it, and then looking at the sides around and above us on the table, and seeing no reason that on our day, we can beat them

The winner of this comp, will be the team that can fire up for 4-5 weeks of Footy, we are as much a chance of doing that in the finals as any other side

Dan
I thought we would not lose Warea Hargreaves
I thought we wouldn't lose Hodko and he would develop, what at the start of them playing together, a great combo with Foran
I thought we would play at a way higher level of consistency and intensity, that I am used to seeing from Manly teams
I thought T Rex would be a big hit and that under Des's coaching really develop
I thought Des would change his massively stubborn ways and drop under-performing players
I NEVER thought I would see some of our players overweight and clearly unfit
we know who they are
is that enough?

5 years a go i probably would have been in your boat.

I have just mellowed out some, I have no control over what happens, and whatever will be, will be.

Players come and go, admins come and go, coaches come and go, premierships come and go and so do fans.

We were never going to win in it this year and thus far the team has exceeded my expectations. I have seen us play far far far worse and the club be in far my dire straights.

I wont don the fire wardens outfit yet, and i wont be amongst the first rats squeeking my way off the ship. The sky has yet to fall and the season has yet to end

cool Dan
I get where you're coming from
I guess I need to mellow a bit too
whats intensely annoying/frustrating is that I ( and most of us ) have a good sense of what this team's capable of
we don't have to be a coach/player/commentator to spot that
seeing that potential sporadically and seeing them play WAY below this potential is shattering

Dan link said:
5 years a go i probably would have been in your boat.

I have just mellowed out some, I have no control over what happens, and whatever will be, will be.

Players come and go, admins come and go, coaches come and go, premierships come and go and so do fans.

We were never going to win in it this year and thus far the team has exceeded my expectations. I have seen us play far far far worse and the club be in far my dire straights.

I wont don the fire wardens outfit yet, and i wont be amongst the first rats squeeking my way off the ship. The sky has yet to fall and the season has yet to end

if anyone thinks this is bad just ask those of us that were were around from 1998-2003 (or thereabouts)...and if anyone thinks the forum is rugged now you should have been around when the Beagles were about...hindreds of passionate Manly fans who hated the Bears fans and vice versa...and a team going no where...terrible terrible times.

BAZ link said:
cool Dan
whats intensely annoying/frustrating is that I ( and most of us ) have a good sense of what this team's capable of
seeing that potential sporadically and seeing them play WAY below this potential is shattering

years ago i use to live and die by manly. I still do and my wife knows my moods if Manly loose, and hence, makes sure to just give me some space for an hour our so after :)

However whereas a few years ago I felt I had a personal stake of some sort in it I just go with it now. Great when we win, sucks when we lose, I'm still going to watch though.

I have just been beaten into submission, I have had this site for years and in owning it the one thing I have learned is that nothing i say or do will change the opinions of those in the club or anything that they do, and that for some I and Silvertails will forever been see as a deriding force rather than a complimentary one.

My advice is. Love your team, talk about them passionately, and share a beer with Manly supporters and mates, but when you no longer enjoy it, take up fishing

oh and what's truly scary is me and some of the other Silvertails crew saying positive things. It must be a cold day in hell huh?

Dan link said:
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=184490.msg281833#msg281833 date=1281007177]
cool Dan

years ago i use to live and die by manly. I still do and my wife knows my moods if Manly loose, and hence, makes sure to just give me some space for an hour our so after :)

However whereas a few years ago I felt I had a personal stake of some sort in it I just go with it now. Great when we win, sucks when we lose, I'm still going to watch though.

I have just been beaten into submission, I have had this site for years and in owning it the one thing I have learned is that nothing i say or do will change the opinions of those in the club or anything that they do, and that for some I and Silvertails will forever been see as a deriding force rather than a complimentary one.

My advice is. Love your team, talk about them passionately, and share a beer with Manly supporters and mates, but when you no longer enjoy it, take up fishing
[/quote]

Am in the same boat as you

Used to be everything to me, but some stuff happened that put it all into perspective for me the day after we won the comp.

Am still an arsehole to be around when Manly are playing and for a while after we lose, but it subsides a lot quicker these days

What IS disappointing is the lack of consistency this season. We've shown that we have the side to win the comp, but that side doesn't turn up every week unfortunately.

Hardly wrist slashing time just yet, if we make the 8 then we are as big a chance as any side IF we turn up to play. Let's see what happens. 

It's interesting, because over the first 10 weeks or so of the season I'd say we were the most consistent of all the teams. SOO period knocked us about. I tend to agree with Kiwi Eagle, we are still in this despite a couple of disappointing results. For those of you who are backing Storm this week you'll get decent odds, I think we are favourites.

Good thread,

2008, our 1,6,7,9...

1. Snake in alltime form ...watch the season highlight DVD...devoed he's gone.
6. Killer goin sick, defence & consistency.
7. Dally M winner and super consistent...Took the team  team around the park all year even when injured & great combo with fullback
9. Ballin defence + THE Stranger X factor.

Just have a brief compare to this year esp with injuries.....and where we sit is pretty right. Not ONCE have both Hodko & Foran fired together...the South syndrome...and that will take time...esp with DCE coming in.

I'm just bankn that we play for pride for the rest of the regular season and sneak in....then it all starts again & anything is on the cards!

Things may just click.

BTW....Blake Ferguson is a gun.

speaking of moods when Manly loses - the worse is having to drive back to Canberra straight after a loss. My wife and my brother's wife hate it as they know what the car trip is like.......

If
you
were
to
show
me
manlys
games
this
year
and
ask
me
to
blindly
pick
their
spot
on
the
ladder
i
wouldn't
have
them
in
the

The way I see it, we have had some injuries and suspension to key players and we haven't had the depth to replace that talent. With our best team on the park we have played 2 poor games this year, knights and raiders. The rest of the games we lost with our best team, we were either robbed or blew it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4