Which Refs Are Worst Manly Haters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blucky

Reserve Grader
So Cecchin seems to be highly biased against Manly, and one or two other (now retired) refs crop up continuously in posts about Manly games. What other refs are biased against us ? Are there any refs who members consider to be good and fair, or even biased FOR manly ?

Would be interesting to compile a list. What do people think ?

Shayne Fake Tan Hayne showed his true colours in the 2013 GF.

Eddie Ward was President of the Manly Haters club during the 90's. What he did to us in the 95 GF was criminal

But for consistency of bias, masquerading as incompetence, Checchin wins hands down.

Shayne Fake Tan Hayne showed his true colours in the 2013 GF.

Eddie Ward was President of the Manly Haters club during the 90's. What he did to us in the 95 GF was criminal

But for consistency of bias, masquerading as incompetence, Checchin wins hands down.

You summed up my thoughts entirely!!

Checchin doesnt cut us a lot of slack but made up for it on the weekend against the Raiders. Eddie Ward and Shayne Hayne never did us any favours but we did get the better end of the stick with Greg "Hollywood" Hartley .

Kevin Roberts hated us. Harrigan did too what a prick he was. Of latter years Ceccin and Maxwell for sure. The guys would support a team of sought and it's like me ever refereeing a whingers or dogs or souffs or bongos or drizzle game lol

Imagine playing The Bulldogs, Chechin is ref, Folkes is in the box, Fittler is commentating and Greenberg is overseeing the match to pass potential shoulder tackles to Mick Buettner.

Is that our worst nightmare or what?

Imagine playing The Bulldogs, Chechin is ref, Folkes is in the box, Fittler is commentating and Greenberg is overseeing the match to pass potential shoulder tackles to Mick Buettner.

Throw in that scenario where dogs are playing donkeys, and Wally Lewis is also commenting and then you have your perfect nightmare.

Throw Zorba in there & I think you have a winner.

Ryan said:
Throw Zorba in there & I think you have a winner.
Just swap Greenslime with Cecchin, and you have Auschwitz. :sweating:

I would suggest there is a similar thread on the Raiders boards now.

For mind they are not biased but generally incompetent - it amazes me that in a multi billion dollar industry there is not more emphasis placed on the professionalism of the officials. Also the way in which the NRL runs the game (now the shoulder charge, in the past the wrestle) does not exactly help things

Is it humanly possible to be completely unbiased?
All referees grow up in an area; play for a club; support a club etc. in their formulative years. When it comes time to referee that club is it possible to not give them the rub of the green?

How about referees declare which team they support up front, and then never get to referee that team ? To take this further, how about each team can declare which (or a list of) which referee(s) are blatantly biased against them, and that ref never gets to referee that team ?

Is it humanly possible to be completely unbiased?
All referees grow up in an area; play for a club; support a club etc. in their formulative years. When it comes time to referee that club is it possible to not give them the rub of the green?
Add the personalities involved and you can easily see how refs interpret particular teams based just on whether they feel rubbed the wrong way by a Watmough, Hodges or Gallen.

I did hate hearing from Harrigan that they coached refs by spoting clubs and players for more attention. Such focus makes any small infraction obvious, while missing the bigger ones from others on the field.

For the old timers - I am sure you will recall Keith Page, he was a deadset cheat against us especially in 74

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6