Which fringe/new front rower is most likely to star this year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which-fringe-new-front-rower-is-most-likely-to-star-this-year?

• Hasson

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Starling

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Sao

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Turbo

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Lui

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Andrews

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
I voted for starling but i can't wait to see how Tyson Andrews goes. Also, the two young blokes. If Andrews gets a go then i reckon he'll hit the ground running.

I voted Starling too but agree with Stevo. For all those people wishing we had kept JWH, well......we just may have another one on our hands with Tyson. I think the whole height and weight debate holds little water. If height and weight were prerequisites for a top line prop, surely Dane Tilse would be a superstar.

A good prop needs controlled aggression and a burning desire to win at all costs. The big difference between props now and the props of yesteryear is that the good props are a lot smarter these days. They have to be able to read the game and inject themselves when and where needed.

Tyson has a good all round game. His defence is great. His runs are usually quality. He has that aggressive/competitive attitude. Under the coaching staff at Manly, and with a taste of NRL under his belt, I don't think he'll look back.

Turbo and Tyson the Terror Twins will F###ing Terrorize the son of a bitches

mozgrame said:
I voted Starling too but agree with Stevo. For all those people wishing we had kept JWH, well......we just may have another one on our hands with Tyson. I think the whole height and weight debate holds little water. If height and weight were prerequisites for a top line prop, surely Dane Tilse would be a superstar.

A good prop needs controlled aggression and a burning desire to win at all costs. The big difference between props now and the props of yesteryear is that the good props are a lot smarter these days. They have to be able to read the game and inject themselves when and where needed.

Tyson has a good all round game. His defence is great. His runs are usually quality. He has that aggressive/competitive attitude. Under the coaching staff at Manly, and with a taste of NRL under his belt, I don't think he'll look back.
You don't have to be Big but you have to have Mongrel, whether your Big or Short, Shane Webcke who at 6'0 and Paul Gallen at 5'11, are tough with mongrel and no creme puffs when putting the hits on. Thats what you need.

Eagle Rock said:
mozgrame said:

You don't have to be Big but you have to have Mongrel, whether your Big or Short, Shane Webcke who at 6'0 and Paul Gallen at 5'11, are tough with mongrel and no creme puffs when putting the hits on. Thats what you need.

The most important thing is the muscle to fat weight ratio.

We bought up Sao and Trbojevic in one game together last year, and I thought they were outstanding. We'd get bigger, younger - and the kids would have a wealth of passion.

08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin (very experienced)
10. Jason King (very experienced)
11. Anthony Watmough (very experienced)
12. Justin Horo (very experienced)
13. Glenn Stewart (very experienced)

14. Jamie Buhrer (very experienced)
17. Tom Symonds (very experienced)

I'd say we'll bring in one of Lui and/or Starling, but I still think we need to give Jake a shot. Kids in massive demand, and while only one NRL game experienced, he didn't look out of place whatsoever.

Heck, if we want a different pattern next year, we could go with a smaller, more agile bench, and go:-

14. Hodges (Utility)
15. Symonds (play front row)
16. OTHER
17. Buhrer (Backrow)

Anyways, the positive for mine, as is standard with our recruiting and development, is we have a raft of riches, and I'd actually be disappointed if we bought someone else in.

What a fantastic team we support !

Eagle Rock said:
mozgrame said:

Geoffrey Toovey 168cm and 70kg full of heart .
Ken Arthurson "KILO for kilo Geoff Toovey is the toughest footballer I have ever seen "

Shoe1 said:
Eagle Rock said:
mozgrame said:

The most important thing is the muscle to fat weight ratio.

You have to be Tough, No point having full of muscle, if you Couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding. Sam Kasiano is not exactly ripped but is dangerous.

Ryan said:
We bought up Sao and Trbojevic in one game together last year, and I thought they were outstanding. We'd get bigger, younger - and the kids would have a wealth of passion.

08. Brenton Lawrence

I'd say we'll bring in one of Lui and/or Starling, but I still think we need to give Jake a shot. Kids in massive demand, and while only one NRL game experienced, he didn't look out of place whatsoever.

Heck, if we want a different pattern next year, we could go with a smaller, more agile bench, and go:-

14. Hodges (Utility)
16. OTHER
17. Buhrer (Backrow)

Anyways, the positive for mine, as is standard with our recruiting and development, is we have a raft of riches, and I'd actually be disappointed if we bought someone else in.

You are a lunatic.

Ain't no way Buhrer and Hodges will be in the same team.

Symonds ----> Front row ----> Never going to happen

Giving my vote to turbo, think he is showing alot of promise.

Although i can prob see him in a Gift type role in the future.

Eagle Rock said:
mozgrame said:

Yeah, I know. Tyson has that.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0CXUv-xxtY[/video]

Stevo said:
Ryan said:

08. Brenton Lawrence

14. Hodges (Utility)
16. OTHER
17. Buhrer (Backrow)

You are a lunatic.

Yeah, fair enough. I guess what I was trying to say is that we are uber lucky in the fact we have lots and lots of options because of awesome depth.

Ryan said:
Stevo said:
Ryan said:

08. Brenton Lawrence

14. Hodges (Utility)
16. OTHER
17. Buhrer (Backrow)

You are a lunatic.

Yeah, fair enough. I guess what I was trying to say is that we are uber lucky in the fact we have lots and lots of options because of awesome depth.

You make a good point Ryan in that we have the option to go with a 3 prop rotation (many teams run with this). We have not gone that recently as we have at least 2 backrowers who can and do play 80 minutes for good reason.

I personally do not see Buhrer and Hodges on the bench together as Buhrer offers the best value in hooking/cover. Symonds hole running ability is top notch as well. So unless Hodges is in as a proper (30 mins) replacement for Ballin then he will struggle to get a crack unless injury strikes.

Which mean 2 props have a shot. We need impact and balance in doing so. Turbojet seems to have a huge motor, Starling some experience as does Lui, Sao runs hard, Andrews hits great in defense so we have options.

BOZO said:
Eagle Rock said:
mozgrame said:

Geoffrey Toovey 168cm and 70kg full of heart .
Ken Arthurson "KILO for kilo Geoff Toovey is the toughest footballer I have ever seen "
It's been mentioned before but Gorden Tallis also rated Toovey the toughest player he'd seen.

I rate Kasiano the hardest player to look at. The only way you'd find him dangerous is if you were a lettuce, because he is a fat slug.

mozgrame said:
I rate Kasiano the hardest player to look at. The only way you'd find him dangerous is if you were a lettuce, because he is a fat slug.

Though...I'm not sure how much lettuce he's ever eaten.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6