Where Will Mighty Manly Finish Next Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where Will Mighty Manly Finish Next Season

• Wooden Spoon

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • 15th

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 14th

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 13th

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 12th to 9th

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • 0 pts due to another Greenburg driven scandal

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • We played our final season this year

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Premiers

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Top four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finals bound

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrendonStarr

Reserve Grader
So assuming that Cartwright is our coach and our owners continue to be tight asses and make all the wrong moves and Hodkinson/Parker/Winterstein/M.Wright continue to be picked, how low can we go?

I think things will get worse before they improve.

The club is hamstrung by the unresolved salary cap issue .

We need to get back to Manly core values of hard work and attractive football with an injection of youth and experience.

Whoever is the coach must take control and get the player group working together.

Bottom four I think is realistic at this stage, come on team, prove us wrong! !

Anywhere between 9 to 12th assuming we can put the same team on the park more than a week.

Our defence needs some serious work.

Saw Spud on Bill & Boz last night. He said he'd put his hand up if Manly wanted a forwards coach for next year. He also made a point he spilled blood for the club. Get blokes like him on board and it would go a long way to restoring our culture and what makes Manly tick.
The penns have made it clear they don't want any ex Manly people involved at the club as part of removing manly's DNA

We will only move forward when the Penns sell to new owners who are prepared to invest properly in the club not just go for the cheapest option all the time

We may not survive that long

With a bit more luck flowing our way...and take away some of those games where we were blatantly robbed by referees (I count at least four in 2018 - with maroon-coloured glasses firmly in place); and we would have finished significantly higher up the ladder, and would not have this cloud of doom and destruction hanging over us. We could easily have jagged six or more extra wins, despite our paper-thin outside defence. The squad is decent, apart from lack of depth out wide, and coaching proper defensive structures. Say we add a couple of outside backs who can tackle and have speed, as well as a coach who knows how to get the ball FROM the middle TO those outside backs...plus a Luke-Williamson type forward who will make fifty solid tackles in a game without missing any, and we are either in the 8, or close to it next year.

25% chance of making the top 8 based on the new coaches history. Should have stuck with barret lol or better yet any successful manly under 20s coach or maybe even a coach who put his hand up for the role that actually gives a damn about the club.

Last edited:
We’ll challenge for the top 8 but miss out by 2 points.

Depending on any new signings or a defensive coach of course.

Fix our defence and we’re 6-8 range.

If we’re still relying on the likes of winterstein on the bench, we’re no hope of finals footy. :wasntme:

Anywhere between 9 to 12th assuming we can put the same team on the park more than a week.

Our defence needs some serious work.
In our wonderful history we've only had 11 seasons where we leaked >500 points

1947 to 1998: No seasons >500 points scored against us. From 1947 to 2018 the average points scored against us in a season is 364.

1999 to 2005: All seasons >500 points against (average points against 701) - This was obviously the SL / Northern Eagles era

2016 to 2018: All seasons >500 points against (average points against 566) - The Barrett / Cartwright Era

Defence is all about attitude, teamwork, pride, commitment and not wanting to let your mates down. These are all things that are driven by Coaching and the team leadership. Cartwright has been part of that group, he has been a part of the problem and he can NOT fix this.

We have a coach that quit on us.

At this stage we don't have a coach.

We don't have a recruitment manager

We have owners who don't want to spend money.

We have players reportedly leading the call for Cartwright to be coach .... these are the same players that finished 15th.

How the **** can 2019 possibly be any better than 2018?

Every season is different and certainly did not expect this season "s very ordinary outcome for Manly considering virtually the same group of players were deserving top 8 finishers in 2017 and seemed intent on trying to go even better this season . The initial poor completion rates then an excessive type of restricted general attacking and particularly red zone attacking footy , the intensity in defence dropping off [ so to speak ] and an unhelpful injury toll , of course played their part but the inability to regroup with the ability and talent still there , also seemed a real concern . Siro , Kelly and Suli are still to be re signed apparently , so these retentions will be important . Ideally Anderson and Tom Wright and Funa can have good off seasons and will be given every opportunity to press for outside back positions in the trials . Quite a few unknowns for next season . also prefer to stay positive but i guess the reality for some better prospects will become more clear in approaching weeks ,

I'm for giving Cartwright a chance. Yes he was coach of the Titans (without much success) however did ok for a few seasons with the players he had at his disposal & without any real game breakers......we have game breakers! Our roster is not as bad as people make out! With a little luck re injuries & lots of defensive work during the off-season we will be fine. We need speed on the wings, so for mine I'd give Jade Anderson & T Wright a chance early on. With Tom T, Walker, Kelly, DCE & Elgey we have talent & speed to burn! If we don't lose any forwards from the remaining lot then a forward pack of Marty, AFB, Sironen, Thompson, Jake T, Api at Hooker & a reserve bench of Tangarra, Jetski, Paseka & Fainu with Sipley, Suli (off season weight issues to sort out) etc. waiting for another chance we can make the 8 easily. Maybe the addition of B Cartwright & another couple of hard head forwards & backs may change the line up.........even this year our roster was Top 8!!! Yes I,m optimistic but i'm sick & tired of being pessimistic! I think we will get a favourable outcome with regards to the salary cap issue & this already seems to be the case with the signing of Elgey & Api extending for a further 3 years. Marty also seems to be staying so to me we're slowly on the rise. A few months away from the spotlight & the media dickh@%s & we will be fine.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4