Where to for the Tigers from here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Will be lucky to survive as a joint venture IMO. Balmain part are just about gone.

Where will they end up? The return of the Magpies? Perth Tigers? Completely disappear?

Their future is safe while ever they are Rothfields Sharks feeder team.

Seriously these two teams along with Eels need moving on.

I reckon the Magpies will take over. They might keep the Tigers logo, but the Balmain side of the JV is done.

Where are these "death notices" suddenly coming from?

Two heavy defeats yes, but significant injuries are a big factor there.

Not long ago they were winning games, in the 8, and showcasing plenty of exciting young talent.

Unless there's massive financial problems I've not seen or heard about, the only serious problem I see is the tenure of Mick Potter surviving, or not.

That said (and with relocation a very remote possibility, in my opinion) "where they go from here" is a matter of their end-of-season trip...And whether Potter is still around to be invited.

anthonyb1965 said:
I think they have reached out to Ricky Stuart?

Oh that's a great solution. Not funny.

Agree with @MadMarcus that Wests will survive as they've got the dough. They just need new management.

wedgetail eagle said:
Just saying, Woods said he was a Manly fan when he was a kid.

So was Sterlo mate (didn't ultimately matter).

Of the 2 I'd actually prefer Tapau as well.

Under Tooves and Donny he could get back to his Bulldog-form, or even better!

I know all of these things are just fantasy-footy talk...

We're flat-out paying and keeping all the blokes we've got.

Balmain are in massive financial trouble from all reports and have no money to bring to the JV table. NRL have stepped in with their own cash and putting 2of their own board members in.
The Magpies have cash to take over but the NRL wont let Balmain disappear, for some reason....Its a sh1t fight in the boardroom and not looking a getting much better short term....
Hey Slothfield heres another scoop, Wests Tigers in fighting, players not talking to each other, coach not talking to players.......you could run with that EVERY WEEK for the next 20 years

Thank you for some clarification here @Frogz

I don't often pay great attention to all non-Manly clubs and their issues.

I would imagine the NRL would prop the JV up (or face a big backlash) if they don't, or try to relocate the club.

RiverEagle said:
mozgrame said:
I'd take Marty in a heartbeat. He started the year well and at a descent club, would kick on!

He could be Skivi's off-sider mate...

The corn-row kids, with their hair, I mean!

I'd put him in a Capra's jersey. Hahaha! Oh man...I'm a bit pissed!

GO MANLY!!!!

mozgrame said:
RiverEagle said:
mozgrame said:
I'd take Marty in a heartbeat. He started the year well and at a descent club, would kick on!

He could be Skivi's off-sider mate...

The corn-row kids, with their hair, I mean!

I'd put him in a Capra's jersey. Hahaha! Oh man...I'm a bit pissed!

You might get him into a Capra's jersey mate...

Getting' him to run on and play for 'em may be a bit harder!
GO MANLY!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4