Where is DSM5 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
Where is the man of the moment, nothing to be heard after the Ox departure ?

Don't tell me he has taken up his membership rights and defected to the official site.

did dsm get ox to bail out?

reminds me of the joke about the guilt-tripping jewish mother, 'Ah ha! It's raining. Are you happy now? Satisfied? Look, a car crash. Are you happy finally, pleased with yourself??....'

whether or not we'll be better off this year remains to be seen. but it's more open now how things are going to develop, so it feels like there's more potential for now.

My guess is that he is over in the UK organising Ox's house in Bradford and holding a gun to the head of the football club manager, ensuring that all goes through to ensure Ox is there next year.

Either that or he has not yet sobered up from the celebration.

I think crusher sent him to China to look at a prospective halfback named Onehung Lowe.

This was DSM5 after reading the news of Ox's departure on the net.  I believe he is still in this position. 

[img=400x305]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af284/s_thatcher/south_park_stan.jpg[/img]

You can all relax for now.  I'm back.  Ox gorn, Turnbull gorn, Rees gorn.  I should be away more.  Love all your work, and it's nice to know people care. 

Welcome back DSM5 - is that all you can muster about Ox's departure

Look Wheel, all I could 'muster' was said in the 09 season about that little dwarf.  Good for him for thinking about himself and going for the money and leaving our backline to get on with going forward.  For some on this site, he'll be know as a Manly legend, but not by me.  Now for a half who will feed the scrum, pass the ball to some creative Lyon or two, and defend.  No longer do I want to see some little piggy scrambling towards the sideline with the ball in hand.  I'll be setting my sights on the coach going forward.  I'm not expecting another 09 next year.  I expect to see the forwards with renewed vigor pushing through the line and a sparkling backline...like days of old.  And Matabele. I'm currently reading 'The Decline and Fall of the British Empire' and came across 'Matabele' as a name for a rifle used by the British in the mid 1800s.  It was described as a 'pop-gun', easily beaten by the newly engineered Lee Enfield.  There you go.         

No, Matabele is a splinter tribe from the Zulus who stole their cattle and then whipped their butt.  Given the name did not gain currency until the 1860s and means "men of the long shields" I would suggest DSM%'s book would be better titled "the decline and fall of research".

The Wheel link said:
Wasn't Matabele a Zulu king?

Mzilikazi was the King Wheel.

And I thought the Lee Enfield didnt come in till just before 1900, replacing the Lee Metford.

Matabele were Ndebele warriors.  They used in the many wars against the British, bow, arrows and spears, and what came to be know as Matabeles (Brown Bess flintlocks) in the mid 1800s.  The British developed in the 1860s the new breech loading rifle known as the Martini Henry which gave them overwhelming advantage.  In fact Baden Powell, and who amongst us wasn't a member of the scouting movement, said killing Matabele was the finest sport in the world.  Quite the butcher.     

Fro link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=182123.msg247018#msg247018 date=1260141208]
Wasn't Matabele a Zulu king?

Mzilikazi was the King Wheel.

[/quote]

Sorry my bad - must have been asleep that history lesson

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4