When will the next win come ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just looking at the draw, we have a few tough weeks ahead.

Hypothesising as to when the next win might come, I'm thinking maybe the Thursday night game against the Cows at Brookie.

They should have a few in the Queensland team and we should have no one so that should be enough of a leg up for us to jag a win.

I can't see us beating the Rooters on Sunday.
The Broncos are a bit hot and cold but I think they have too much pace out wide for us.
The Storm in Melbourne.........next ?
The Faders down there. They show too much ticker for us.

That brings us to the Cows.

If we don't win there, we're a decent chance against the bye if we put in for 80.

It is really scary looking at the draw.
I can see a win maybe in Rnd 22 against the dogs or round 23 against the Tits. Although, the dogs are getting better and the Tits can beat us at Lotto.

Oh dear.........

Can anyone comment on the positives of a wooden spoon (i.e Barrett, half of team clear-out and total rebuild). Maybe it's time?. Maybe we have no choice?.
I can imagine the excuses rolled out if we run 12 or 13th (yea..Na tough year, salary cap, uncertainty, boys put in, tough draw, injuries, bad luck). But we run dead last - surely it's clear out this dead wood time?. I dunno, I'm entertaining it because this team has been dull for 3 years now. I'm finding myself looking forward to non-Manly games more because at least there is a chance to be entertained with footy.

My mind is warped, I know, but do we want 5 more years of this mid-lower table dull play, or a total cleanout and rebuild starting 2019 even if we have to cop some low table finishes?.

The one smart thing they did is they moved games away from Lotto so they will bring in money throughout the year no matter how crap we are. Maybe there is hope we can stay solvent and give resurrection a chance. 5 years of 10th place finishes and the club will be broke because no-one will come to games or want to be a member.

NYEagle

It will come down to signings and when the team starts actually playing football. My expectations are so low at this point that they're somewhere near the molten core of the earth. Avoiding the spoon is the only thing that I think this squad has the hope of aiming for. I hope that missing out on the premiership doesn't cause too much cognitive dissonance for Taupau.

We always lift for the Roosters. Here's hoping that we put in a solid effort at the very least. I can see the Hastings-Chez combo really flourishing with Chez putting in a man of the match performance.

Just looking at the draw, we have a few tough weeks ahead.

Hypothesising as to when the next win might come, I'm thinking maybe the Thursday night game against the Cows at Brookie.

They should have a few in the Queensland team and we should have no one so that should be enough of a leg up for us to jag a win.

I can't see us beating the Rooters on Sunday.
The Broncos are a bit hot and cold but I think they have too much pace out wide for us.
The Storm in Melbourne.........next ?
The Faders down there. They show too much ticker for us.

That brings us to the Cows.

If we don't win there, we're a decent chance against the bye if we put in for 80.
When we win the spoon

If whoever plays 6 allows DCE to play his natural game, we will start winning some games. Hopefully hastings can get his sh!t together and play in that role.

I think we will narrowly lose this weak to the chooks, but beat the donkeys.

Won’t be next three weeks . We will get towelled up badly in all three.

Jorge back and Hastings stepping up gradually might see us improve later.Paseka and Lane given more time and some pace added on the edges would also help. And never seeing Frank Winterstein don the jersey would also be uplifting.

Also be interesting who the two players they are negotiating with are. Hopefully that helps post June 30 if they go that way.
We probably need five or six more wins to avoid the spoon. Difficult but doable.

Won’t be next three weeks . We will get towelled up badly in all three.

Jorge back and Hastings stepping up gradually might see us improve later.Paseka and Lane given more time and some pace added on the edges would also help. And never seeing Frank Winterstein don the jersey would also be uplifting.

Add Lloyd Perrett to that list as well!!

I believe a lot of this can be related to Curtis Sironen. We are really missing him. Happened last year. He was injured and when he came back Manly looked like a better side.
So I will say our next when will come when Curtis Sironen is back.
Otherwise I don't care as long as we avoid the spoon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7