When BJ Lawrence comes back...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Who makes way for BJ when he comes back from injury - presumably Ligi Sao or Jake T will end up back in NSW Cup for a bit...

I think they have both really brought something to the side in the last two weeks. Have been 'waiting in the wings' for ages....seems a shame to have to send one back down. And possibly two of them when Starlo gets back to fitness as well. They're both fast and aggressive. Both have put on some good hits to energise the team. So who gets the boot...?

Discuss

If there good enough they will stay in first grade..... If Lawrence could play long minutes we could stick his head in the second row and push either t red or mateo to bench

I wouldn't put either one of them back down. Starlo and Lawrence should be forced to earn their spots back through NSW Cup.

At full strength I believe tooves will go with:

8. Mason
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Mateo
12. Buhrer
13. Lui
INT
14. Starling
15. Burgess
16. Trbojevic
17. Symonds

Imo id keep Sao in over burgess but I'm just guessing what tooves would pick.

Not a bad looking pack...I'm not minding what Burgess has given us so far though. Still I agree, would like to see Sao keep his place too. Not a bad headache to have suddenly.

Bj is probably our best front rower but has been down a bit the last part of last year. His leg drive just wasnt there. I would bench him because the current two deserve there spots and bj could be a bit hungrier

L Burgess has probably been the hardest runner this year. Would like to see Jake T stay up and I'm hoping the way Tooves is moving him up the order that he agrees. I don't think we need Leary in first grade. I'd say Soggy drops off purely from being last # on squad.

At full strength I believe tooves will go with:

8. Mason
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Mateo
12. Buhrer
13. Lui
INT
14. Starling
15. Burgess
16. Trbojevic
17. Symonds

Imo id keep Sao in over burgess but I'm just guessing what tooves would pick.
Personally, I think Burgess has been our best. He is definitely in my 17.

Jake T is a must to stay up, and Sao I think stays too. The pair of them bring plenty of aggression and enthusiasm to the pack. Lawrence to the backrow, but agree he needs to fight his way back.

Put it this way, unless the team is losing, he shouldn't expect to walk straight back into the side. The current pack has held its own against well-credentialled packs in their last two games.

I can't understand the idea of Lawrence in the backrow; he is a hit up merchant and nothing more.

Can he actually look sideways?
that's the thing...if you are running anywhere outside the middle third of the field, you need to be able to use the players around you, and he has proven he can't in the past. Countless times he has broken the line up the guts and had an unmarked man outside him, and failed to pass the ball. I can't see how he will all of the sudden have the necessary skills to run lines out of side of DCE and link with the back line.

I think he is suited to bashing it up and nothing more.

Irregardless of the answer, it's a lovely conundrum to be in, and one I certainly wouldn't have imagined last year!

My pick
8)Starling
9) Ballin
10) Burgess
11) Buhrer
12) T Red
13) Lui

14) Sene Lafeo
15) Mason/Lawrence
16) Jake T
17) Sao

6) Mateo

18) Foran he can just :swear: off now

Injury report says BJ nowhere in sight for return.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6