What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
'ello guv'nor!

I just did a search and no one mentioned it so thanks!

It seemed familiar then I realised I have Apple. (woohoo)

Watched the trailer and I reckon I'll give it a look. I like seeing the English actors from other shows. The Journo (?) is the main guy from little Britain and the 'star' soccer player is from Gervais' "Derek"...etc.

Those initial "fish out of water" comedies can sometimes be lame but this looks like it's done right.

Ta!
Yep. Thought I'd hate it. Worried it'd be cheesy American. But the English balance is perfect. Funny with real heart.

So, you 'boomers'* will probably scoff at this, but I have never seen any of the Godfather movies. That is, until the last week. The first one was great, the second pretty good. The third I am currently watching and it is not living up to the first two, but is still OK.

Sounds as though the original books would have been rippers to read (and probably still are, but there are movies so why bother).

*Apparently, to those <18 years old, everyone >30 years old is a boomer. So I guess I am one too.
There is probably a heap of 60's & 70's movies you haven't watched and have missed out on the experience of seeing them.

I’m sure of it. Any recommendations?
Sort of depends what you are in to? Old movies like Zulu, Khartoum, The Bedford Incident, The Sting, The Taking of Pelham 123 (the original), Cape Fear (the original), Cool Hand Luke, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Midnight Cowboy, Easy Rider, The Odd Couple and the list goes on

Went to a Dendy theatre last weekend and watched the movie Paris, Texas. Make in 1984?

Wonderful film with a couple really good scenes when they are at the peep show. Very happy to have seen it on the big screen.

Series on Netflix:
Losers.

No,no not about Barretts coaching career, but about 8 X 35 min EPISODE on different sports people and the different ways losing has impacted their lives.
Boxing
Football
Gymnastics
Golf
Basketball
Ultra marathon
Plus others.

Binged watched Dr. Death last night on Stan. Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater are great in this true and disturbing series. If you’re not outraged by the end, there’s something wrong with you.

Ok, I’ve just signed up for ANOTHER streaming service on the advice of my pommy mother. It’s called Britbox. I reckon the Poms do cop shows and comedy the best. She’s tipped me to watch a series called "The Moorside". So I’ll have a gander and report back. Tally-ho, must go.
Tubi is a free one.

Three quarters way thru Cocaine Cowboys. All 80’s and 90’s (which I love). Unbelievable how fukin stupid the cops and FBI are early on. Won’t spoil any more, but definitely a binge watch series.

Seen “Cocaine Cowboys: The Kings of Miami” on Netflix yet?

Three quarters way thru Cocaine Cowboys. All 80’s and 90’s (which I love). Unbelievable how fukin stupid the cops and FBI are early on. Won’t spoil any more, but definitely a binge watch series.

Good call - I started watching this yesterday. It’s amazing the corruption involved.

My old man recommended this one to me. It’s on SBS demand. Well worth a look.
Becoming Bond streaming now on SBS On Demand
1628602521761.png
1628602521761.png

Becoming Bond -

Can’t get the theme song out of my head now!!

Really enjoyed that series - Sal Magluta just got too cocky didn’t he?!

For Letterkenny fans:

Shoresy
In June 2021, Bell Media announced a Letterkenny spin-off Shoresy based on the eponymous character played by Jared Keeso. The series will be written by Keeso and directed by Jacob Tierney.

Shoresy is a Canadian television comedy series, slated to premiere on Crave in the 2021-22 television season. A spinoff of Letterkenny, the series will focus on the character of Shoresy as he moves to Northern Ontario to take a role with a struggling Triple A-level hockey team.

Shoresy is played by Jared Keeso in Letterkenny, but is only seen in contexts that obscure his face as Keeso simultaneously plays the leading role of Wayne.

Producers New Metric Media have not yet clarified whether Keeso will perform the role in Shoresy as well, or whether it will be recast.

Justin Stockman of Bell Media explained the decision to proceed with a Shoresy spinoff by noting that he is one of the most popular characters in Letterkenny merchandising, and acknowledging the creative potential involved in building on the story of a character about whom very little is known in the original show.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6