What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No laughing, but I have just started watching Homeland.

I sometimes like getting into shows real late, means I can bingewatch them.

eg: Haven't seen one episode of breaking bad, that's supposed to be ok.

Haven't even seen ET the movie...but that's ok.

I sometimes like getting into shows real late, means I can bingewatch them.

eg: Haven't seen one episode of breaking bad, that's supposed to be ok.

Haven't even seen ET the movie...but that's ok.
I recently signed up to Stan just so I could binge watch Breaking Bad again. So good. I’m now hooked on one called Dexter.

Ok, back to back comedy specials.
First one Seth Meyers (looks like Ellen), some good laughs. 7/10
Second one. Arsenio Hall. Looking pretty good for 63. Got the feeling he may have had
some extra help to get through, just a little off somehow. Still funny. 6/10

Last edited:
I hate to give Disney any more money and pretty much all of the Star Wars stuff they have pushed out has been mediocre at best. But I'm loving the Mandalorian.
Also, I don't really get a choice not to give money to Disney as all their content (including Pixar) is now dropping off Stan (like it did on Netflix previously) and it's too good of a babysitter when I really need it.

Last edited:
I hate to give Disney any more money and pretty much all of the Star Wars stuff they have pushed out has been mediocre at best. But I'm loving the Mandalorian.
Also, I don't really get a choice not to give money to Disney as all their content (including Pixar) is now dropping off Stan (like it did on Netflix previously) and it's too good of a babysitter when I really need it.

It's amazing just how many streaming choices there are. But alas, I'm hoping to get the mandalorian from some source somewhere cough cough.

I read that thousands of disney + accounts were hacked and sold online so make sure yer aint one 'o them!

It's amazing just how many streaming choices there are. But alas, I'm hoping to get the mandalorian from some source somewhere cough cough.

I read that thousands of disney + accounts were hacked and sold online so make sure yer aint one 'o them!
Fortunately, I haven't made the move just yet. The other bill payer wasn't done with the 2032 seasons of Ru Paul's drag race just yet. (fortunately there are always other options available :wasntme:)

Anyone seen The Game Changers on Netflix yet?
Thoughts?
: )
I've had two family members say they were going to switch to vegie after watching it and more who plan to make a change.
I've been a vegetarian for over 15 years now and I'm confident that I will will never go back :)
Have dealt with all sorts of sh*t for it but I would say that there hasn't been a single (usually sexist) loud mouth who would come close my levels of endurance and recovery or my medical checks. I've always thought and fought against the idea that "you can't be a real man without eating meat" and it's good to see a doco that puts forward such a good argument against it.
But I guess to some; I'm just a biased, girly, wussy lefty :p

I've had two family members say they were going to switch to vegie after watching it and more who plan to make a change.
I've been a vegetarian for over 15 years now and I'm confident that I will will never go back :)
Have dealt with all sorts of sh*t for it but I would say that there hasn't been a single (usually sexist) loud mouth who would come close my levels of endurance and recovery or my medical checks. I've always thought and fought against the idea that "you can't be a real man without eating meat" and it's good to see a doco that puts forward such a good argument against it.

Thanks for the feedback Muzz @:blush:
After 10 years of being vegan/plant based, I've dealt with the same dismissal from family and friends until the game changers literally changed my brothers views recently too.
It is undoubtedly the most superior thing I've done for my personal health, the animals welfare and the planet as a whole.
I also agree this documentary presents flawless proof that humans can reverse disease and get faster, fitter and stronger eating the way they were designed to.
There is definitely nothing masculine about going to a supermarket or butcher to buy packaged meat and killing your sex drive and blocking your testosterone from consuming the rotting flesh of a dead animal :tmi:

:seedling:

Read Biolayne.com - The Game Changers review - A Scientific Analysis. It puts things back into perspective. Balance is key. I am actually working on getting really fit at 61 years of age and I am going to go plant based 5 day per week and eat mainly Salmon on meat days.

Read Biolayne.com - The Game Changers review - A Scientific Analysis. It puts things back into perspective. Balance is key. I am actually working on getting really fit at 61 years of age and I am going to go plant based 5 day per week and eat mainly Salmon on meat days.
100% it was a very biased and at points poorly researched and worded documentary. But it still made a lot of good points. In particular our culture of meat eating and I think it would be hard for anyone to argue against the idea that Western societies consume way too much meat.
Last night I made parmas for dinner, eggplant for me and chicken for the rest. I didn't have the time to prep the chicken so just got a pre-made one from the deli. Half way through our meal my partner says that she wishes that she had had eggplant as well because the chicken was so heavily processed and tasteless. But I think we have been programmed to believe that meat is ALWAYS superior to veggies and therefor it's not a proper meal unless it is the main ingredient.

100% it was a very biased and at points poorly researched and worded documentary. But it still made a lot of good points. In particular our culture of meat eating and I think it would be hard for anyone to argue against the idea that Western societies consume way too much meat.
Last night I made parmas for dinner, eggplant for me and chicken for the rest. I didn't have the time to prep the chicken so just got a pre-made one from the deli. Half way through our meal my partner says that she wishes that she had had eggplant as well because the chicken was so heavily processed and tasteless. But I think we have been programmed to believe that meat is ALWAYS superior to veggies and therefor it's not a proper meal unless it is the main ingredient.

what's eggplant taste like? I'm way to old to never had tasted one.

what's eggplant taste like? I'm way to old to never had tasted one.
It's a bit like an aubergine :)
Like most things, it can really depend on how it is cooked. Badly and it will taste like moldy pus, but it should be like most other squash like veggies. It's probably most like a zucchini but with a softer flesh and bitter skin, I also think it caramelizes nicely with the right cooking can give some nice sweetness as well.
Come to think of it; what does chicken taste of?

I mean my Dad likes choko, but it's the blandest heap of crap going around.

So I thought eggplant may be a good meat replacement on a meal or two?

Maybe Seitan? I dunno.

Chicken is a light flavoured fibrous meat which absorbs many of the flavours it is cooked with. However they are intelligent and kind creatures and should not be eaten.

Just binged watched ‘ the loudest voice " series with Russel Crowe on Stan.
I can understand now why he looked so shiit the last year or so. Talk about
getting into character. Have to admit he was very good.
No matter how hard the yanks try, they just can’t get the Aussie accent right. Apparently if you add mate at the end of every sentence, that’s good enough.
I gave it an 8/10.

The Loudest Voice is a 2019 American drama television miniseries depicting Roger Ailes as he creates and guides the rise of Fox News. It is based on the 2014 book The Loudest Voice in the Room, by Gabriel Sherman.

Just binged watched ‘ the loudest voice " series with Russel Crowe on Stan.
I can understand now why he looked so shiit the last year or so. Talk about
getting into character. Have to admit he was very good.
No matter how hard the yanks try, they just can’t get the Aussie accent right. Apparently if you add mate at the end of every sentence, that’s good enough.
I gave it an 8/10.

The Loudest Voice is a 2019 American drama television miniseries depicting Roger Ailes as he creates and guides the rise of Fox News. It is based on the 2014 book The Loudest Voice in the Room, by Gabriel Sherman.

Well done Rusty. Well deserved award.

Russell Crowe may not have been at the Golden Globes on Sunday night – but he sent a message about the wildfires currently ravaging Australia.
Russell Crowe misses Golden Globes win, sends messages on climate change amid Australia fires

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4