What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How come I can’t get The Bridge on my Netflix. I know @globaleagle gave me a way to get more specific genres, but still no go.
Netflix Australia doesn’t show it. It might be on Stan.
I’ve noticed a difference between what is on Netflix in Australia and what is on Netflix here in Hong Kong. I just watched Billions on Netflix, which was awesome but is on Stan back home.
Started watching the UK show Line of Duty, which was good. Also finished the UK comedy, Cuckoo, which I found light hearted and funny.

I’ve noticed a difference between what is on Netflix in Australia and what is on Netflix here in Hong Kong. I just watched Billions on Netflix, which was awesome but is on Stan back home.
Started watching the UK show Line of Duty, which was good. Also finished the UK comedy, Cuckoo, which I found light hearted and funny.

The Bridge is available on SBS On Demand

How come I can’t get The Bridge on my Netflix. I know @globaleagle gave me a way to get more specific genres, but still no go.

Yup, as Ranga says, different geographical areas choose to show different programs.

I liked Line of duty as well, except an episode or 2 in the last series where it was like 25 mins of sitting at a table and talking. Get the 'f' on with it ya pommy talkers!

Just watched I, Daniel Blake on Kanopy, if you like Ken Loach (and I do) you know what to expect.
Winner of a Palme d'Or at Cannes and winner of the BAFTA Award for Outstanding British Film of the Year, I, DANIEL BLAKE is the latest masterpiece from legendary director Ken Loach.

Daniel Blake has worked as a joiner most of his life in Newcastle. Now, for the first time ever, he needs help from the State. He crosses paths with a single mother Katie and her two young children, Daisy and Dylan. Katie's only chance to escape a one-roomed homeless hostel in London has been to accept a flat in a city she doesn't know, some 300 miles away. Daniel and Katie find themselves in no-man's land, caught on the barbed wire of welfare bureaucracy.

"I, DANIEL BLAKE is a powerful return to form for Mr. Loach, the much-honored left-wing British filmmaker who is now 80 and is still in full command as a filmmaker and a social critic." - Stephen Holden, The New York Times

"In a world that seems to be getting worse with every passing minute, I, DANIEL BLAKE is a sobering but inspiring pleasure - easily one of the best films of the year." - Edward Douglas, New York Daily News

This is another good one on Kanopy

The Rise and Fall of the Brown Buffalo - Oscar Zeta Acosta: From Latino Activist to Dr. Gonzo

This genre-defying film introduces the radical Chicano lawyer, author and counter-cultural icon, Oscar Zeta Acosta. Acosta was the basis for Dr. Gonzo in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas," written by his friend Hunter S. Thompson. Channeling the psychedelic 60's and the irreverence of "Gonzo" journalism, THE RISE AND FALL OF THE BROWN BUFFALO shows Acosta's evolution playing out against the backdrop of a society in turmoil. From his origins in rural California, to his stint as a Baptist missionary in Panama, to his radicalization in the Chicano movement of the late 60's, and finally to his mysterious disappearance…

Last seen on a boat heading north from Mexico apparently...

Been some very good Scandi crime dramas last few years. The Bridge, The Killing, Bordertown, Nobel etc. Also watching Deadwind now. Not bad. Last French show I watched was La Mante. Brilliant!

Season 2 of bordertown just dropped!

woot!

Watching the series Highway thru Hell. Follows a towing company in Canada. Some great scenic shots, but not so good for the operators. Love the Canadian accents.@:)

Watching the series Highway thru Hell. Follows a towing company in Canada. Some great scenic shots, but not so good for the operators. Love the Canadian accents.@:)

It's too close to home for me! I spent a few years in Mission and the roads they cover are the highways I cross many times during the winter! It already scares the bejeezus outta me at the best of times.

One night travelling over the coquihalla hwy (coka, for short) there's a speed limit of 120 kph. It was snowing that much I was down to about 40 kph.

Came across a jack-knifed semi blocking all but about a car's width. Headed for it and there was a car already in the gap driving at 2 kph. Sliding towards it flashing the lights, honking the horn didn't make the douchebag move any faster. Thankfully he finally got past the truck, giving me a few inches to spare.

Better half has had a few nice slides. Seen dozens of spin outs, accidents both car and truck, avalanche blocked highways and general chaos.

It hurts my chest!

Good show though. :)

Watched all 3 human centipede movies over the last 2 days. Cant say i recommend them thou lol. The guy that plays the German doctor is pretty good thou. One series i did like was The 100. Binged on it a while back watching all 5 seasons or how ever many there was.

The ted Bundy doco was pretty good too. Showed how hard it was too catch these type of people before we had todays technology with dna and internet .modern communication etc.

Watched recently
Knightfall- about the Templars and the crusades. Good story line. Only 1 season atm.
The umbrella academy - 1 season if you like a disfuctional superpowers family.
The new legends of monkey- for those who remember monkey magic series on the abc about 30 years ago. Produced in Australia with Oz and nz actors. Good value.

Am watching Season 1 now - it’s pretty good.

Season 5 of Line of Duty is meant to be coming out in April.

Just finished watching the two seasons of Happy Valley, which was enjoyable too.

I promised myself I wouldn't binge watch Bordertown season 2. I failed.

lol, I listened to the dubbing for about 30 seconds to see how good it was. It's hilariously terrible! They'd be better off getting the commentator from the Manly - Roosters trail game.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8