What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only the Brave. True story. Good actors,
If you don’t mind subtitles. The German series Dogs of Berlin is a beauty.

***. Just finished Brawl in cell block 99. It’s got Vince Vaughn in a role that is about as far away from his usual slapstick comedies as you could get.If you like Tarantino, you’ll love this.....violent as all f@ck! :punch::tmi:

Check out “Brawl in Cell Block 99” on Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/title/80208328?s=i&trkid=13752289

Last edited:
Only the Brave. True story. Good actors,
If you don’t mind subtitles. The German series Dogs of Berlin is a beauty.

***. Just finished Brawl in cell block 99. It’s got Vince Vaughn in a role that is about as far away from his usual slapstick comedies as you could get.If you like Tarantino, you’ll love this.....violent as all f@ck! :punch::tmi:

Check out “Brawl in Cell Block 99” on Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/title/80208328?s=i&trkid=13752289

I had dogs of berlin on my list of stuff to watch...good to see a recommendation though. :)

Me and my mother can go some weird movies every now and again. She threw one at me the other day..."My Boy"- it's a doll horror movie....not as bad as it sounds, best to watch in the daylight hours:tmi:

so I returned serve with one of my own called "The Lobster". This movie is just flat out weird, yet believable in a very warped way.

So there you have it. If you are starting to really suffer the off season blues, distract yourself with some freaky shiit.@:(

Me and my mother can go some weird movies every now and again. She threw one at me the other day..."My Boy"- it's a doll horror movie....not as bad as it sounds, best to watch in the daylight hours:tmi:

so I returned serve with one of my own called "The Lobster". This movie is just flat out weird, yet believable in a very warped way.

So there you have it. If you are starting to really suffer the off season blues, distract yourself with some freaky shiit.@:(
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (on Netflix) is worth a couple of hours (if your into freaky shiit @;)). I had nightmares for days about taking the wrong path.:shake:

Dogs of Berlin aint bad, but not great (4 eps in). If you don't mind subtitles, use them. The dubbed english dialogue is bloody awful.

I don't mind subtitles. I was watching some Norwegian crime drama and put the subtitles back on as, like you said, the dubbed English was terrible.

I know some German so that'll be fun to listen to...too.

Edit: It wasn't a Norwegian crime drama I was referring to before, it was French.

Called "Glacé" (ice) , or "The frozen dead" in it's English form.

Last edited:
I don't mind subtitles. I was watching some Norwegian crime drama and put the subtitles back on as, like you said, the dubbed English was terrible.

I know some German so that'll be fun to listen to...too.

Edit: It wasn't a Norwegian crime drama I was referring to before, it was French.

Called "Glacé" (ice) , or "The frozen dead" in it's English form.

Been some very good Scandi crime dramas last few years. The Bridge, The Killing, Bordertown, Nobel etc. Also watching Deadwind now. Not bad. Last French show I watched was La Mante. Brilliant!

Been some very good Scandi crime dramas last few years. The Bridge, The Killing, Bordertown, Nobel etc. Also watching Deadwind now. Not bad. Last French show I watched was La Mante. Brilliant!

I agree!
The Bridge - watched it!
The Killing - watched it! Watched the usa version - Goodness..never met a main character (the red head) that I couldn't care less about!
Bordertown - watched it!
Deadwind - watched it! (Karrpi). Almost forgot I watched this one.
La Mante - watched it!

Nobel - Haven't watched it. Any good?

I've also seen "Trapped" - set in Iceland. Small community gets snowed in. Liked that one a lot as well. Needs a second series!

So I like the Scandi dramas, and books. @:cool:

I've been sucked into "last chance U". Not a gridiron fan, but I am now. Started with the QB1 series, graduated to EMCC college ball. The resources they have at high school level, let alone college facilties is insane. I think Trenty must've watched a series, and saw the shiit they got at their disposal, and thought he'd hit the Penns up for some furnishings.@:D

I agree!
The Bridge - watched it!
The Killing - watched it! Watched the usa version - Goodness..never met a main character (the red head) that I couldn't care less about!
Bordertown - watched it!
Deadwind - watched it! (Karrpi). Almost forgot I watched this one.
La Mante - watched it!

Nobel - Haven't watched it. Any good?

I've also seen "Trapped" - set in Iceland. Small community gets snowed in. Liked that one a lot as well. Needs a second series!

So I like the Scandi dramas, and books.

Mate, you're a bigger fan than me!

Nobel is very good. Will put 'Trapped' on my list. The Bridge (original version) probably makes my alltime Top 5 shows.

Can recommend 'Tabula Rasa' (Dutch), 'Borderliner' (Norwegian), 'Dark' (German) and 'The Chalet' (French). Also 'Borgen', a Danish political drama.

Holder made that series watchable, in my view. Linden just annoyed the hell out of me too. Oh, and I am never going to set foot in Seattle - Tourism Seattle has a tough job selling the city for anyone who has seen the series!

Mate, you're a bigger fan than me!

Nobel is very good. Will put 'Trapped' on my list. The Bridge (original version) probably makes my alltime Top 5 shows.

Can recommend 'Tabula Rasa' (Dutch), 'Borderliner' (Norwegian), 'Dark' (German) and 'The Chalet' (French). Also 'Borgen', a Danish political drama.

I watched "Borderliner" about 2 weeks ago!

I really like the bridge (org). Saga (Sofia) was an excellent lead character. Really liked Martin, the other lead from series one as well.

Thanks for the other recommendations. Will add. (checked and the chalet is on my list already).

Holder made that series watchable, in my view. Linden just annoyed the hell out of me too. Oh, and I am never going to set foot in Seattle - Tourism Seattle has a tough job selling the city for anyone who has seen the series!

Agree! Holder was the best. Almost funny he wasn't the lead but linden...ugh. Maybe the character was 'better' in the Danish original...?

I checked, and the interweb said the filming was done in.... Vancouver! (near enough to Seattle, I guess).

Joel Kinnaman was excellent in US version of The Killing. Also very good in House of Cards.

Agreed!

Haven't watched house of cards. Saw him in the movie suicide squad... but that was kinda a 'meh' of a movie.

Lol.....all it did was rain. The film crew would’ve been pissed off the entire shoot.

I've been sucked into "last chance U". Not a gridiron fan, but I am now. Started with the QB1 series, graduated to EMCC college ball. The resources they have at high school level, let alone college facilties is insane. I think Trenty must've watched a series, and saw the shiit they got at their disposal, and thought he'd hit the Penns up for some furnishings.@:D
Just watched the third series. They’ve moved it to a little country town called Independence in Kansas. The coach (Jason Brown) is a dead spit for our own @COMMANDER @;). Not as good without Miss Wagner:shake:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4