What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks @globaleagle . I'll give it a go. Watched one last night called Hold the Dark. The first 15m were a bit slow, then BOOM, off it goes. Set in Alaska. Some beautiful scenery.

I'm kinda drunk but I'll do my best.

I posted before a list of codes that allow you to watch any netflix show in any country. You have to get there via your computer but.

However, with an hdmi cord you can easily watch anything on your computer... on your tv screen.

Hope that helps!....?

PS: I am a fan of Harlan Corban's books so thanks for the advice. I have it saved on 'my list' but will now watch it.
Haha. Only just read this post after your "sober" one.

OK. Tried all that. And yes had success finding other categories. But do you think I can find "The Bridge" @globaleagle ....nope. I'm wondering if it's just not available over here?
A shout-out to @manlyfan76 and @Ranga . Would you mind having a crack to see if you can get it?

....I should be out mowing, it's the first sunny day in ages.
My mate (who is a gardening/landscape dude, dropped around a t-shirt for me to wear.!......)

Resized_20181016_144503_3886.jpeg

.......anyone that has seen my head will know why this is even funnier!:rofl:

OK. Tried all that. And yes had success finding other categories. But do you think I can find "The Bridge" @globaleagle ....nope. I'm wondering if it's just not available over here?
A shout-out to @manlyfan76 and @Ranga .

I've checked and they've taken it off canadian netflix (bastards)

Try entering this into the address bar:

https://www.netflix.com/title/70254188

(that gives me the title page, but no episodes...may be diff for you)

Methinks they've taken it off netflix and put it on some other streaming device. Now I wouldn't say the pirate bay is your friend.......

A shout-out to @manlyfan76 and @Ranga . Would you mind having a crack to see if you can get it?

....I should be out mowing, it's the first sunny day in ages.
My mate (who is a gardening/landscape dude, dropped around a t-shirt for me to wear.!......)

View attachment 9947

.......anyone that has seen my head will know why this is even funnier!:rofl:
I checked and the bridge is not in Australia. It’s probably on Stan (in fact, i remember one of my mates telling me he was watching it on Stan).
The good news for me is that I’ve just moved to Hong Kong (I am the “trailing spouse”) and Netflix here has Billions when it was only on Stan in Australia.

I'm assuming that you are talking about the Swedish-Danish series The Bridge, involving the Oresund Bridge between the two countries in the middle of which lies a dead body. Its available on DVD. In fact there is an English remake of the show called The Tunnel (same story) involving a body found exactly half way in the Chunnel between France and England. Good story also available on DVD. In fact there are three series of The Tunnel

The good news for me is that I’ve just moved to Hong Kong (I am the “trailing spouse”) and Netflix here has Billions when it was only on Stan in Australia.

Ah, the ole "trailing spouse".... I know it oh so well!

I'm assuming that you are talking about the Swedish-Danish series The Bridge, involving the Oresund Bridge between the two countries in the middle of which lies a dead body. Its available on DVD. In fact there is an English remake of the show called The Tunnel (same story) involving a body found exactly half way in the Chunnel between France and England. Good story also available on DVD. In fact there are three series of The Tunnel

Yup. There's a "eng - france" version, a "usa - mexico" version, and even a "estonia - russia" version as you alluded too.

I've only watched the Danish version. Really liked it. The guy from the first season has just popped up in the show "Killing Eve" which was also pretty good (but on crave, over here, not netflix)

Sorry Global. I meant 'seasons' not 'series'. The English-French version is good also.

In that case, people may be happy to know there are 4 seasons of the Danish 'series'!

Or they may not. who knows?

I get ABC shop vouchers from family that still give a toss. So I'll get the bridge/tunnel in half a dozen languages!

Whatched a real good Doco last night called Ronnie Coleman :The King.
Don't worry if you're not into gym junkies. This is a beautiful story about a guy with persistants, and totally focussed training. But the sad story of what toll his success has taken on his body. His laid-back Louisiana drawl, and his gentle nature burlgiles his strength of character. Great story.

Whats it like?
@MANLYFAN76.It's not bad at all mate. I think its done how a horror show should be done in the way of creepiness instead of all out silly gore.The missus and kids shat themselves a few times. There are also a good few hidden ghosts to see in certain scenes which i thought was an excellent take.There was however some overacting in some parts which were cringe worthy and it was also one of those shows where it kept going back and forth from past to present, which i did not take to but the jump scenes were first class and by far made the show.The story was good apart from a little confusing at times.Its worth a look and you never know you just might like it. I give it a 7.5/10 EDIT I forgot to mention that the sound track being in 5.1 dig was first class. The mix was brilliant.

Last edited:
The Lady Gaga,five foot two doco is a good watch (not just because she gets her norks out, although they were well received):lipssealed:

This is available on Kanopy now
A TRIP TO THE MOON
A pioneer of early-cinema, George Méliès's A Trip to the Moon is a landmark of the silent era. With innovative special effects and a focus on narrative, this 1902 film was profoundly influential on future filmmakers. A group of scientists travels to the Moon in a cannon-propelled capsule, creating the iconic image of the Man in the Moon hit in his eye.

This is available on Kanopy now
A TRIP TO THE MOON
A pioneer of early-cinema, George Méliès's A Trip to the Moon is a landmark of the silent era. With innovative special effects and a focus on narrative, this 1902 film was profoundly influential on future filmmakers. A group of scientists travels to the Moon in a cannon-propelled capsule, creating the iconic image of the Man in the Moon hit in his eye.

I watched the movie "Hugo" which was about him (in part) as well. In 3D no less. It was much better than I expected.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6