What's killing our go-forward

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
There are lots of obvious reasons for our poor go-forward this season compared to previous years: few Monster props, an ageing pack, to many small backrowers etc.

I'll add another factor: Ballin passes too deep to our forwards. His passes to DCE etc are mostly great; deep and just in front of our play-makers . But he does the same to our props when they charge on the ball.

Watch the Cowboys game closely. Their big men received the ball at pace from Granville almost right at the advantage line. That, and their size, saw them roll down the field with too much ease.

Getting the ball a foot or two behind Ballin gives the opposition too much time to rush up and bend us back. We need harder, straighter running and flat balls being received right at the advantage line.

We didn't get the memo that forward passes from dummy half are now encouraged.

But seriously, I do get your point.

Finally has been Confirmed, stood by him and defend him even when he had signed with the Titans and when some "fans" had a go at him. True supporters could see his greatness and it's been said before about the limited time to make money from their careers.
Some idiots on here Use to say foran made him look good. Well when he wins us a premiership and foran is injured as the eels win another spoon the egg will truly be on your fickle face

Its not up to Ballin where the forwards receive the ball, its up to the forwards to time their run better to receive a flatter pass.
I agree with what you are saying that to the forwards the pass is too deep but its on the forwards to fix that not Ballin.
Thats one of the differences between an all Aus front row and ours.

Finally has been Confirmed, stood by him and defend him even when he had signed with the Titans and when some "fans" had a go at him. True supporters could see his greatness and it's been said before about the limited time to make money from their careers.
Some idiots on here Use to say foran made him look good. Well when he wins us a premiership and foran is injured as the eels win another spoon the egg will truly be on your fickle face

Agree with the point about lack of go forward but the truth is - its up to the runners to time their run better....imagine Ballin getting picked off by the markers waiting for his runners to be at the advantage line - then we would really complain.
Missing plenty of troops is the true call - most other teams have the better go forward players, like we would at full strength & them missing their best 2 front rowers- especially a front row of Scott & Tamou.
1 good thing has been young Jake - has got an opportunity & been a sensation holding his own against the big names

Every game coming off our line you see this order.

Tafua hitup
Hiku dummy half run
Matai hitup
One of the forwards hit up.
Kick

We make 30 meters because backs are doing the hard yards and we find ourselves back on the line after the defensive set.

I'm unsure if this is a coached tactic or not but I'd like to see a few of the forwards put their hand up the tough runs more often. I think what's lacking so far is commitment from a select few forwards. More effort required.

Every game coming off our line you see this order.

Tafua hitup
Hiku dummy half run
Matai hitup
One of the forwards hit up.
Kick

We make 30 meters because backs are doing the hard yards and we find ourselves back on the line after the defensive set.

I'm unsure if this is a coached tactic or not but I'd like to see a few of the forwards put their hand up the tough runs more often. I think what's lacking so far is commitment from a select few forwards. More effort required.
Replace the Hiku dummy half crab dance, momentum might have a chance.

Did you take a wrong turn somewhere, this is not the Daly Cherrygraph.

In reply to the go forward, we are being outplayed in the wrestle and not getting quick enough ball. Once it starts, it is very hard to change the momentum. The referees inconsistency isn't helping either, they are riding us like monkeys and letting the opposition get away with murder.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6