Whats is happening to our team???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
We seem to be losing players like Hodko and maybe Matai without being in the hunt for new players on top of our bad form recently. It just seems like the team is suffering from being a top tier side for the last few years. I really would love for the boys to come out against Canberra and show just how well we can play when we have the passion/desire which we have lacked lately.

I would love to see a big win.It would boost our confidence greatly ahead of the run home,and,more importantly,boost our for/against.Places in this year's finals will probably go to F/A.We did have a good F/A,but brisbane,titans,and penrith wiped that.All teams are hard to beat on their day,but you'd have to mark Canberra and sharks as winnable (by a good margin).In saying that,just about all teams have remote hopes of the finals (with the exception of our wonderful {sic} friends-the scum).They will ALL be up for it,so teams like us have to be right on our game.

ayjay007 link said:
I would love to see a big win.
.. we havent beaten any 1 by 30 since titans round 26 last yr  & before that was 2008 gf..

To be honest I would rather just win, and save the 40 nil scored line for another grand final, that way everyone will remember it.

The next month is a big month for us (I reckon anyway), we really should win at least 3 of the next 4.

As for recruitment, I feel that at the moment we are lacking a core group to build the club over the next few years. We have got Foran (hopefully) and Ballin, but we don't know whats happening with ssss snake and we don't have any idea on a 1/2. This current team is on the slide and we need to rebuild, otherwise we could find ourselves in the doldrums.

I'm sure though that Dessy and his team will have an idea of a plan and also will ensure we smash the Raiders.

I'm with yoo Canteen, a win by one is as good as a win by twenty.  However we need to pull the proverbial to build a decent for and against, as getting into fourth spot will probably come down to just that.

At our current rate we're gonna need any win we can get to make the 8. I just dont see injuries permitting a finals birth this year outside a miracle.  

And secondly, I will play the devil's advocate. How long do we persist with B.Stewart? People say that loyalty is dead but we have been more than patient with him...

jjai link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=183831.msg271175#msg271175 date=1278028465]
I would love to see a big win.
.. we havent beaten any 1 by 30 since titans round 26 last yr  & before that was 2008 gf..
[/quote]

I think no Brett Stewart for the last 2 years has alot to do with that. He was always good for at least 2 tries when we gave teams a flogging.

Moops link said:
And secondly, I will play the devil's advocate. How long do we persist with B.Stewart? People say that loyalty is dead but we have been more than patient with him...
..  i dont know where you coming from mate.. you make him out to be like bailey ..  (a dead weight).. when he is fit he contributes alot to the side.. & i dont know where the fuk you been ... but bretts injured?????????????.. the only 1 we are persisting with is bailey.. bretts welcome into the side anytime once his injury has healed..

Actually, no need to swear to make yourself seem tough mate.

I don't know where you have been but it is tough to come back from 2 knee reconstructions. So go and fuk urself tough guy!!

jjai link said:
[quote author=Moops link=topic=183831.msg271249#msg271249 date=1278054362]
..  i dont know where you coming from mate.. you make him out to be like bailey ..  (a dead weight).. when he is fit he contributes alot to the side.. & i dont know where the fuk you been ... but bretts injured?????????????.. the only 1 we are persisting with is bailey.. bretts welcome into the side anytime once his injury has healed..
[/quote]

Moops link said:

I don't know where you have been but it is tough to come back from 2 knee reconstructions. So go and fuk urself tough guy!!

[quote author=jjai link=topic=183831.msg271253#msg271253 date=1278055551]
[quote author=Moops link=topic=183831.msg271249#msg271249 date=1278054362]
..  i dont know where you coming from mate.. you make him out to be like bailey ..  (a dead weight).. when he is fit he contributes alot to the side.. & i dont know where the fuk you been ... but bretts injured?????????????.. the only 1 we are persisting with is bailey.. bretts welcome into the side anytime once his injury has healed..
[/quote]
[/quote].. sorry for the swearing.. but i just blew out when you said we persisiting with him when he has been out  for 2 seasons with injury. lets see how he goes in the 1st 8 rounds next yr & see. my point is he will contribute more for us in them 8 rounds. then bailey has in the 17 rounds he has had this yr .. sorry it was just the word persist in same sentence as  brett stewart,...

Don't throw him away because he's injured.  Insurance would cover his payments and I'm sure he'll repay the loyalty when he returns next season.  I love the guy and want him playing for us, rather than against.  Keep the Manly loyalty up buddy.

Moops link said:

Then give him a shot at seeing how well he comes back from his injuries before bringing up things like 'how long will we persist with him'. Stupid talk for the moment & doesn't add anything to the topic.

To be honest what you said warranted jjai's response. Perhaps not the way it was worded but the intent of it nonetheless.

DSM5 link said:
I'm with yoo Canteen, a win by one is as good as a win by twenty.  However we need to pull the proverbial to build a decent for and against, as getting into fourth spot will probably come down to just that.

That's right.I think we really need to come up with the goods and maybe (thats a big maybe atm)come 2nd.Only 1 & 2 are guaranteed to have a second dig.The way teams are going this year,7th and 8th are a chance to spring an upset,which means 3 and 4 are at risk.I know its an ask,but a few decent wins are neccessary to achieve this.

It just seems that nothing is going our way, Injury's, suspensions, Second half fades, players leaving due to cap restrictions, doughts over chances of a decent upgrade of Brookvale Oval ect ect.

Defense on the outsides is woeful as this is what Des rebuilt this club on and we need to get back to those basics. I loved it in 2007 when our defensive line was near impenetrable, we did not even need to score many points due to this then in 2008 Orford and Snake built up a great combo which lead to heaps of points on top of the great defense.

Then there is our major lack of speed which is the main reason we are letting in trys.

All these issues could be solved with some smart recruitment next year i think but it seems we are not in the hunt like the Bulldogs and Warriors ect.

well i apologised to moops on this thread plus i sent him a personal message with an apology but he dont want to acknowledge it.. so blah..

bretts my favourite player if you say anything negative about him i will stick up for him no questions asked..

Moops link said:
When someone is suffering a serious injury I don't think waiting for them to heal has anything to do with patience. He'll be back posting tries for us in 2011 and that's worth waiting for.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6