What's Happened to our Crowds at the Fortress?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Another 10k crowd again with a Bulldogs rivalry? Why have the fans stopped going? It looked last night like it was nearly half Dogs fans? This must be our worst ever HOME crowd. Couldn't have been more than 6000 Manly fans. Poor old Penn would have lost another motza and the divits was embarrassing for Brookvale council on National TV.

Friday night with rain threatening, was bound to be a small crowd. Play that game on Sunday and its 15k+

We have all sorts of internal dramas being played out in the press. The game was on a Friday night with bad weather. That is why the crowd was small.

I was there last night. The weather was not that bad. Lost of empty seats in the grandstands that are under cover. It was the same week 2. If it wasn't for the Dogs fans it would have been a dysmal crowd. It would seem fans are staying away on purpose. ? Is this the fans way of protesting about losing DCE & Foran? Anyone else's thoughts?
The ground did look terrible also.

Seems like the fans are protesting how management are running the place. No one has come out and guareented Tooves will be there. Imagine if they get rid of him! Crowds would be worse. I think fans would like the truth and to be told what direction they are planning for the club.

Seems like the fans are protesting how management are running the place. No one has come out and guareented Tooves will be there. Imagine if they get rid of him! Crowds would be worse. I think fans would like the truth and to be told what direction they are planning for the club.
I think you are right. If they sack Tooves, crowds will be worst.

Right now we are seeing the core of fans who go regardless of how the team is going. The part timers are away while the club sorts itself out.

There is no doubt that our halves not resigning and the whole process has had a big effect on the crowds, last week 3K down on the corresponding game from last year and last night was very poor.

27k for a Sunday afternoon game between the Rabbids v Rorters, the predicted Grand Finalists for 2015.
NRL Crowds are falling at a great rate of knots.

Brookie is suffereing from the fiasco of the contract saga and the attacks on 2v. Regulars are not impressed @:cool:

There was a pocket of 500 - 1000 dogs fans, outside that there wouldn't have been more than a few hundred so about 9000 Manly fans

Much like most of the things on here I would suggest it is worth waiting before judging the crowds

1. Is there an overall trend in NRL crowds? Are they down compared to previous years
2. How do the crowd figures compare over a variety of days and conditions (i would be worried if that was the crowd on a Sunday)
3. Impact of off field (if it continues to drag)
4. We are 1/3 which could be an impact

But of course we can always leap to conclusions based on a little evidence

Last night's crowd was no surprise. On the way to the ground early in the evening the clouds looked menacing and it was blowing a gale. Add that to the constant negative press around the team and low expectations of a win it was never going to be a great crowd. Anyone who hadn't left home by 630 hearing Lyon was out and looking outside could be forgiven for thinking about giving it a miss.

Some fans have probably felt less anticipation and enthusiasm due to off-field matters taking precedence over actual games recently.
Just look at the topics discussed here! There has been very little about footy and most attention focussed on ..well, you know what.
Interest from Manly fans will grow again if the team keeps turning up as they have in the past 2 weeks, but I don't doubt that we've suffered some setback

That field looked embarrassing ,looked pretty dangerous at times too.It looked like the boys of Warringah council must have been doing laps to DeeWhy beach all week.

To be fair it had been pissing down on and off most of the day. There was a hurricane blowing and it was on free to air TV.

Sit on the hill and get soaked cold and blown about or sit in the pub or at home in comfort.

I usually go to the games but didn't last night. I knew we were going to get beaten and brookie is a sheite place to be when it's raining.

Along with all the other dramas I thought stuff it.

Fair weather fan - maybe but having watched it on TV am fine with not going - it was a cack game.

• 👍
Reactions: Baz
The pitch was sub standard and not a good look for the club. The fans have voted with their feet over the last few months. The NRL have to do something about prices for going to the games and food, that is a big reason that people stay away.

Friday night game, shocking weather, off field issues - overall 10k is not too bad, and I'd take a bet that most of that 10k wished they stayed at home after that awful game.

Penn May need a 20 year plan to get back to where we were 18 months ago.

However on the positive side we have some great young players coming through as discussed in other threads

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4