What will the backline look like in 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
Back line for 2017 is a worry. We have lots of average players like Jono and Matt Wright, Williame, Uate and now unfortunately Taufua now fits in that category. I hope we can sign one decent outside back before the start of the season otherwise i fear a repeat of 2016. Can we expect any major signing or will Taufua stay and our starting backing look like the below:

Turbo
Taufua
Matai
Walker
Uate
DCE
Green

How does everyone rate that backline? I give it a 7.5/10.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
The reports are suggesting matai isn't going to return because of injury (which is a sad thought).

I still thibk we are chasing a centre otherwise williame is proably the best option from current options.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
The reports are suggesting matai isn't going to return because of injury (which is a sad thought).

I still thibk we are chasing a centre otherwise williame is proably the best option from current options.

Yeah had a feeling Matai wouldn't be there. Williame is solid but doesn't set the world on fire. Hope we end signing someone. Not sure is out there?

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
1. B Stewart
2. T. Trbojevic
3. D Walker
4. S Matai
5. J Taufua
6. B Green
7. D Cherry Evans

Looks like a great backline to me. I've heard nothing to the contrary.

Turbo has to play fullback. 2017 will be his breakout year and there is nothing he can't do. He can defend, break tackles, take the high ball, pass etc. He has the ability to play fullback long term for Australia. Stewart is a shadow of his former self and is now half the player of Turbo.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
1. B Stewart
2. T. Trbojevic
3. D Walker
4. S Matai
5. J Taufua
6. B Green
7. D Cherry Evans

Looks like a great backline to me. I've heard nothing to the contrary.

Also we didn't swap Buhrer for Uate for nothing. Uate will be in the starting 17 guaranteed. For better or worse.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
I don't think Snake or Matai will play, even if they do it will only be 5 games until they are injured.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: ?
5: A Uate
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans

Any ideas who the mystery center might be? I can't think of any who is available. Whare would be good.

Holmsey

Bencher
Look at the Sharks and storms back line, it's a mix of stars with average players. Ours looks very similar
Sharks backline has no average players.

1: B Barba
2: S Feki
3: J Bird
4: R Leutele
5: V Holmes
6: J Maloney
7: C Townsend

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
Stewart
Tafua
Walker
TT
Parker
Green
DCE

Mix of speed, strength, skill, experience, youth.

Stewart? Did you watch him this year in the early rounds? One of the worst on the park. Slow, disinterested, mediocre and way past his best. Time to move on and give Turbo the role. Our team can't evolve and succeed if we stick to the same game plan in 2017 as we did in 2016. Stewart has to go.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Stewart? Did you watch him this year in the early rounds? One of the worst on the park. Slow, disinterested, mediocre and way past his best. Time to move on and give Turbo the role. Our team can't evolve and succeed if we stick to the same game plan in 2017 as we did in 2016. Stewart has to go.

slow and injured is what i saw the rest is guesswork.

disinterested is really hard to gauge. Playing through injury/illness saps the energy so you may not display things like normal. People labelled him with that not knowing how bad his knee was at the time.

Possibly he was suffering depression which he might have got through.

Obviously if he doesn't recover from injury then you re-arrange.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16