What Will Change??

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

Writing this as we are beaten to a thumping loss against Brisbane, another massive, disgraceful loss. The 'sky is falling' or so to speak at current, and that isn't a stretch. We are, from what i've seen (and may be too inexperienced to know) at the lowest low in our history. The good news though is that Trent Barrett is gone! However, what's going to change by replacing him with the assistant coach who sat by and smiled in the box, overlooked a pissweak titans outfit (failing to make positive change), and a man who would have almost certainly greatly contributed to the structures and defencive tactics, if any, in use today.

Nothing, nothing will change and the only reason any are OK with this is because they are desperate, reality will kick in and we will be further depleted to the a position with no hope, and no visible pathway back to success. As soon as we started declining back at the end of 2014, and as soon as we really lost some notable quality in 2015, the club needed to quickly solve the problems, few at the time, and bit by bit. Instead, they gave power to the players, causing for Toovs to be sacked and a radical overhaul to be put in place, resulting in the loss of whole hearted, no nonsense players such as Jamie Buhrer and Gutho.

Unfortunately, the major overhaul didn't work out, and all of a sudden we had some more significant issues, a less resilient, and characterless side, with an influx of either overpaid or back ended players eg. Taupau, DCE (not back-ended), Walker, Nate Myles, Trbojevic brothers. Therefore, we had now grown some major issues, on top the minor ones, and now with less money to balance our side in a bid to solve them.

2017 saw some form patches of players, although our blistering attack greatly sugarcoated the pissweak defencive periods and lazy moments which featured across every game. Then 2018, the players less happy with Baz, drama again, and now it is clear the side obtains no remaining resilience, no effort, no fitness, no balance in our side and no depth. The defence fell to an NRL-low, and now, strapped for money, and with Baz sacked, we look to a saviour in none other than John ****ing Cartwright. Help us Tooves!

Our defence for the best part of the last three seasons has been A grade pathetic!!,Our discipline with and without the ball has been so terrible at times and this team again shows no resilience and concedes clumps of points consistently.

Time to get the big broom and sweep out the inept Barrett and get some worth ethic and attitude back around the place!

No more excuses, we need to toughen up and the Me culture has to become a team culture!!

Writing this as we are beaten to a thumping loss against Brisbane, another massive, disgraceful loss. The 'sky is falling' or so to speak at current, and that isn't a stretch. We are, from what i've seen (and may be too inexperienced to know) at the lowest low in our history. The good news though is that Trent Barrett is gone! However, what's going to change by replacing him with the assistant coach who sat by and smiled in the box, overlooked a pissweak titans outfit (failing to make positive change), and a man who would have almost certainly greatly contributed to the structures and defencive tactics, if any, in use today.

Nothing, nothing will change and the only reason any are OK with this is because they are desperate, reality will kick in and we will be further depleted to the a position with no hope, and no visible pathway back to success. As soon as we started declining back at the end of 2014, and as soon as we really lost some notable quality in 2015, the club needed to quickly solve the problems, few at the time, and bit by bit. Instead, they gave power to the players, causing for Toovs to be sacked and a radical overhaul to be put in place, resulting in the loss of whole hearted, no nonsense players such as Jamie Buhrer and Gutho.

Unfortunately, the major overhaul didn't work out, and all of a sudden we had some more significant issues, a less resilient, and characterless side, with an influx of either overpaid or back ended players eg. Taupau, DCE (not back-ended), Walker, Nate Myles, Trbojevic brothers. Therefore, we had now grown some major issues, on top the minor ones, and now with less money to balance our side in a bid to solve them.

2017 saw some form patches of players, although our blistering attack greatly sugarcoated the pissweak defencive periods and lazy moments which featured across every game. Then 2018, the players less happy with Baz, drama again, and now it is clear the side obtains no remaining resilience, no effort, no fitness, no balance in our side and no depth. The defence fell to an NRL-low, and now, strapped for money, and with Baz sacked, we look to a saviour in none other than John ****ing Cartwright. Help us Tooves!
Harry, I understand that you are a young bloke. Well I'm not. I've been following this club for 59 years and I can verify what you wrote and it is at its lowest ebb - even lower than the Northern Eagles days.
We can't compete financially in the NRL anymore. Anyone who is "hoping" for a return to the glory days is kidding themselves.
The NRL is only interested in the Big clubs.

I’m frustrated at how many tries the other team gets from our attacking kicks. Two today, plus the wild offload from Thompson. 18 points to the opposition when we were ATTACKING.

I feel like manly concedes a lot more of these type of tries than other teams.

Harry, I understand that you are a young bloke. Well I'm not. I've been following this club for 59 years and I can verify what you wrote and it is at its lowest ebb - even lower than the Northern Eagles days.
We can't compete financially in the NRL anymore. Anyone who is "hoping" for a return to the glory days is kidding themselves.
The NRL is only interested in the Big clubs.

Watching the game today, I did get the feeling we were merely 'bit' players out there. Broncos this, Broncos that. We are just so soft though. I can handle getting beaten if we go down swinging...

The real worry is this team from 2017 would clobber the current manly side. 1. Tom Trbojevic, 2. Matthew Wright, 3. Dylan Walker, 4. Brian Kelly, 5. Akuila Uate, 6. Blake Green, 7. Daly Cherry-Evans, 8. Darcy Lussick, 9. Apisai Koroisau, 10. Martin Taupau, 11. Frank Winterstein, 12. Curtis Sironen, 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown, 15. Lloyd Perrett, 16. Brenton Lawrence, 17. Addin Fonua-blake,

Much will depend on the type of coach we get. This match against Brisbane was a dead rubber. Manly knew they had missed the spoon so there was little to play for. Brisbane on the other hand was playing for its position in the finals and a home game. So I wouldn't read much into this match.

Elgey is potentially a major win for us in the one position that has been causing us most trouble. It means Walker returns to the centre where his speed is needed. I'm hoping that both Anderson and Tom Wright work on their game over the off season. We could use two speedy wingers. If they do develop, we have a potentially special back line in TT, TW, Walker, Kelly, Anderson, Elgey and DCE with a further developed Suli and Taufua as back up.

The forwards will depend on whether Manly retain Sironen and Taupau. The forwards look pretty decent when you look at those two, JT, AFB, Thompson, Tanga, and the developing Gowski and Paseka etc, and I'll stress again, Parker in the forwards. And with two decent hookers in Api and Fainu to rotate during a match, the pieces of the puzzle are almost there. I would like at least one tough hard working forward in the middle, but with what we've got, a good coach could get us back in the 8. This team can win and win big. We've seen them demolish top sides during the season. Consistency and of course defence and discipline have let us down. A decent defence coach (where's Ballin) is needed.

I know you're depressed now Harry, but even when Hasler first started, we had some brilliant pieces but they just didn't jell. When they finally did with a few extras, they won a premiership

Parker is not a forward. Parker is not a back. Parker is NOT up to NRL standard.

Gosiewski is very overrated. His runs are OK at best and his defence is poor. And as for his brain.....uh huh. As someone in the game day thread said, he's Blake Leary 2.0.

This match against Brisbane was a dead rubber. Manly knew they had missed the spoon so there was little to play for. Brisbane on the other hand was playing for its position in the finals and a home game. So I wouldn't read much into this match.
Well that's the problem - No pride - Nothing to play for you say... Tell that to players like Jamie Lyon. Never gave less than his best..

If you guys want to go into the season with no optimism that's your loss. I'll be looking forward to the season as always, I think we will be top 8, team is good just need a couple of smart pick ups, a decent run with injuries and no off field dramas we will go alright.

I just hope Cartwright or whoever can give them some mental toughness and self belief. The team just gave up on too many occasions this year. I don't expect us to be contenders for a long while but we are too good to be fighting for the spoon. The team this year should have finished two wins outside the 8, not one win from last.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6