What we are lacking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I am going to expand on all of this with a new topic tomorrow, maybe a specific article.

But there was something very obvious missing tonight, actually someone, it was present in more ways than one, and he was not. Something he did was missing.

It was of course Beaver.

I think tonight we finally found out the full impact of his loss and the answer to the question "How much will we miss him"

I want to preface the next part, with the fact that there are different types of leadership some lead by following and showing their presence beaver is one of those people

We missed his maturity and we missed his presence.

We rushed things where cooler heads would have prevailed. Tonight we needed leadership when some took that upon themselved, Orford for one, things start looking up, then they dropped their leadership and things fell apart.

We don't have anyone out there who can be captain at the moment. I wouldn't vote any single player as a captain of the team, and I think that is a glaring issue that is why our mentality can not get back on track!

TBH the one person I think who will one day make a great captain, but who IS NOT ready yet, is Ballin, one day he will be a great leader, but he needs to be there for 80 minutes.

I think we need the team on a leadership course and we find ourselves some direction

Said the same thing at the game, Beaver was our Captain last year, Orford was just his assistent that did the things like press conferences etc that he didnt want to do.

missing_something link said:
I vote SN for captain coach - but agree with most of your points

Seinfield should never again be listed within the top 25

Don't forget we said the same when Ben Kennedy left, times change yes we miss the great man but someone else will step up, they always do!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Don't forget we said the same when Ben Kennedy left, times change yes we miss the great man but someone else will step up, they always do!!

When BK left, Menzies was there, he learned a lot from BK

Whats missing you ask - well for one a goal kicker. Thats two games this year we could have at least had a chance at getting two undeserved points!  Cheers

Dan link said:
I am going to expand on all of this with a new topic tomorrow, maybe a specific article.

But there was something very obvious missing tonight, actually someone, it was present in more ways than one, and he was not. Something he did was missing.

It was of course Beaver.

I think tonight we finally found out the full impact of his loss and the answer to the question \"How much will we miss him\"

I want to preface the next part, with the fact that there are different types of leadership some lead by following and showing their presence beaver is one of those people

We rushed things where cooler heads would have prevailed. Tonight we needed leadership when some took that upon themselved, Orford for one, things start looking up, then they dropped their leadership and things fell apart.

We don't have anyone out there who can be captain at the moment. I wouldn't vote any single player as a captain of the team, and I think that is a glaring issue that is why our mentality can not get back on track!

TBH the one person I think who will one day make a great captain, but who IS NOT ready yet, is Ballin, one day he will be a great leader, but he needs to be there for 80 minutes.

I think we need the team on a leadership course and we find ourselves some direction
  Well done Dan.  You're only 6 months behind me (fins post premiership complacency thread).

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179897.msg216135#msg216135 date=1238410505]

It was of course Beaver.

I think tonight we finally found out the full impact of his loss and the answer to the question \"How much will we miss him\"

Well done Dan.  You're only 6 months behind me (fins post premiership complacency thread).
[/quote]

Gen X are the trend setters, not Gen Y

IMO the boys are lacking heart.

Last season they had the disappointment of losing the GF, they wanted to come back bigger and better.

This year, they've been there, done that & got the t-shirt. The desire isn't there from what I can see.

I just watched the replay and the performance in the first half was very good. They defended for 6 sets on their line near the end. The second half was a mistake-athon. Still, now that I have dried off, it wasn't the performance of a team that will pick up the wooden spoon. I really, really hope Lyon is ok. There was just sheer panic last night and no thought for clever play in greasy conditions. Des needs to get some heads sorted out.

Dan link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=179897.msg216139#msg216139 date=1238410810]

I vote SN for captain coach - but agree with most of your points

Seinfield should never again be listed within the top 25
[/quote]

My thoughts on Seinfield (Neumann)

funny ****er aren't we, is that how you justify having a miserable lonely existence. Plus the cherry on top is that you are from NZ. The little bitch of the rest of the world.

Zep link said:
funny F**ker aren't we, is that how you justify having a miserable lonely existence. Plus the cherry on top is that you are from NZ. The little bitch of the rest of the world.

I'm not lonely apparently I'm surrounded by sheep

swoop link said:
Lacking balls, heart and pride.

Haha Swoop, in that rain I'm sure they were well and truly shrivelled up.

But your right Pride, Passion and cut out the stupid mistakes and penalties.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6