What was the crowd?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Looked very sparse on TV. Huge expanses of empty seats. Why would this be Darren? Nice day. Sunday afternoon match. Wonderful stadium that you'd like to see at Brookvale....
I can't find a crowd recorded. It must be embarrassingly low.

the mauler said:
I was at the game and they posted a crowd of 13000 odd. Didn't seem to be that many tbh.

I knew inflation was high in the Eastern Suburbs. Imagine the figure they'll post when the carbon tax is introduced.

If you are trying to say a losing Roosters outfit are drawcards, then you got me there. It was nice to be able to sit comfortably and not pay $60, get a great view, good food and a great win at the new "fortress"! A very winning place for us. Nearly a home ground advantage.

The Who said:
Looked very sparse on TV. Huge expanses of empty seats.
What would've contributed to the look was they had at least 6 bays at each end of the stadium cordoned off, no entry. I know because I sat next to a 'rope' at one end.

Probably closer to 10,000 than 13,000. We got to the ground at 12.30pm (open gates) , marked our Members seats then headed to Forresters Hotel for lunch & beers before returning for the game. Great to see a large contingent of Manly fans out there.

Good win / great day out !

the mauler said:
I was at the game and they posted a crowd of 13000 odd. Didn't seem to be that many tbh.

Although clubs don't admit it, apparently some clubs are notorious for counting members by default when calculating crown numbers.

Im adimate it went on every week at bruce stadium when the brumbies had a shocking season last year. (i realise it is RU, but its making my point)

so doesnt surprise me if 13K is Bull

Loads of Eagles fans there.What a day, looks like we are back on track.
Teams will be watching us, imagine when we are full strength.

It was not a good advertisement for rugby league. Yesterday 42,000 attended the SFS to watch a penalty shootout. The local kicker narrowly won.

It seems Sydney teams are just not great drawcards. Fox probably has alot to do with it with it beamed in live at home. I imagine alot of families etc can't justify $100-150 to watch a game anymore. Coming up from the Gong is alot more dearer now. A 4 hour return trip is about $40-$50 in fuel, $25 to get in, $8 for tolls and $20 bucks for food is hard to justify.

Darren said:
It seems Sydney teams are just not great drawcards. Fox probably has alot to do with it with it beamed in live at home. I imagine alot of families etc can't justify $100-150 to watch a game anymore. Coming up from the Gong is alot more dearer now. A 4 hour return trip is about $40-$50 in fuel, $25 to get in, $8 for tolls and $20 bucks for food is hard to justify.

True. But why was the SFS packed on Saturday for a penalty shootout?
I watched the rugby on TV. I played a lot more rugby than league, and it was a good game to play for backs in those days. Now it is all about getting into the opposition's half and waiting for the inevitable penalty. The over-complicated rules have ruined the game. I'm sure the players would like to throw the ball around more, but the scoring system and myriad of penalties (27 yesterday) has killed it as a spectacle.
I know this is a RL forum but I'll make another observation: David Pocock would make an awesome RL backrower.

Eagles2nv said:
the mauler said:

Although clubs don't admit it, apparently some clubs are notorious for counting members by default when calculating crown numbers.

Im adimate it went on every week at bruce stadium when the brumbies had a shocking season last year. (i realise it is RU, but its making my point)

so doesnt surprise me if 13K is Bull

was the queen there?

It looked pretty empty on tv. I could not be bothered going considering I am in beautiful Koh Samui, so I wandered down to the sports bar and watched with one other Eagles fan. Great win.

The Who said:
It was not a good advertisement for rugby league. Yesterday 42,000 attended the SFS to watch a penalty shootout. The local kicker narrowly won.

But it was AUSTRALIA vs Someone. Not just a Club game.
What crowd was at the Rats game?
Difficult comparison.

And don't forget there's a very small rubbish local competition, and no super 16 comp, or whatever they want to call it, on at the moment so fans of that game are starved. Still, 44K is a good crowd for such a crap game.

The Who said:
I know this is a RL forum but I'll make another observation: David Pocock would make an awesome RL backrower.

Yep Pocock would transition well to League but he would be too expensive for most clubs to afford.

I find it hard to believe that 13,000 were there yesterday, some double counting me thinks!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4