What this news means, and what you can do

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Well this means a lot for the club, none in my view is positive apart from one slight chance of something happening.

I am sure that many here will agree whole-heartedly with me that Grant Mayer has been the best CEO for the club in a very long 5 years. Easily the best since Arko.

Unfortunately with him gone, I can see lots of doom and gloom on the horizon, mostly due to a very likely return of the siege mentality that we had in the aftermath of the Northern Eagles. This also unfortunately means that we are going to see a return to the old boys club and as a result a demise of on and off field performance.

I am going to say this fairly clearly, because those who read it will know exactly who I am speaking too.
For once can you drop your own self indulged view of the world, realise you are a fan like the rest of us and not special supporters.
Leave the business to those who know business and leave football to those who know and play football. As fans, watch the game and enjoy it, because political tinkering will mean that, that privilege will one day be removed.

Unfortunately despite what you are told, your football club memberships count for absolutely nothing when it comes to the board, sure you have some say in the vote, but don;t for one second fool yourselves into thinking it counts more than drop of rain in the ocean. However, its time to band together to protect the club as best we can. Any members out there please start to voice your disapproval of this decision (if in fact you do disapprove of course). Not through pointless online petitions, not through just this forum, but through the main forums and more specifically in writing to the club.

Address your concerns directly to board members in a letter form (that way no-one but the attended recipient should open it)
Furthermore address your support to the Penn family and to Mayer.

Send emails, send letter, send what you can and say exactly what you feel. In particular member, who actually have some right in doing so.

There is no denying that Delmege has done a lot for the club, but it seems he has voted with emotion and not with business thought, though there is no way to know exactly his motive besides what we get to read.
Even those who do great things, and set out to save many, often end up killing that which they tried to save.

The sad part in all of this is that now that Mayer will be moving on, there is no way to bring him back, bringing him back will cause further disharmony and cause probably larger issues, that is sad, but to those aiming to disrupt him as many have, well they got their way.

The only way forward now, is to put your support behind the board members you think were right and to put your support behind a CEO you think is right.

It is high time the club chose to hire someone from the corporate sector, not the sporting sector. Someone from the banking industry or at least the upper echelon of corporate business.

So as members even non members, its time to have your voices hear, its time for those who are not members to sign up! I will be looking at doing so for this, once finance allow, which should be in my next pay roll. I will then look at using the tickets as prizes for something on the site, and then possible use any money from the competition to get rid of the tickets to buy another membership for my family members............

we havent always agreed mate
but today you have hit the nail on the head

Well done Dan,

To think we will have a lame duck CEO is tragic. Will Mayer now go out of his way to sign players and keep the club on top between now and the end of the season.

Someone is sounding a death-nell for the club and our club is not a game to be toyed around with.

Canteen Worker link said:
Well done Dan,

To think we will have a lame duck CEO is tragic. Will Mayer now go out of his way to sign players and keep the club on top between now and the end of the season.

Someone is sounding a death-nell for the club and our club is not a game to be toyed around with.

I'm sure Grant will be the ultimate professional and do the job that needs to be done,
also Didn't He receive an offer from union or someone else not long ago

seriously
if we do lose grant i think he would be an ideal replace for Gallop

he is a great adminstrator probably is the best in business
up there with the likes of Cullen, steve noyce, richardson and searle

Cliffy Gc link said:
seriously
if we do lose grant i think he would be an ideal replace for Gallop

he is a great adminstrator probably is the best in business
up there with the likes of Cullen, steve noyce, richardson and searle

I'd have him ahead of Noyce and Richardson for starters. I'm not sold on Richardson in the slightest. Looked good when Penrith won the comp, but he has plenty to work with at Souths and I don't think he's doing a good job. Noyce had nothing to work with at the Tigers and did a commendable job, it will be interesting to see if he can see similar returns with a bigger budget at the Roosters. Cullen is an excellent operator, but he also has a fantastic place to work. Brisbane are the only club in the NRL to make a profit (before Leagues club grants etc), and that helps Cullen's job a great deal.

I rate Searle though. He's done an excellent job with a new franchise. But Mayer's been fantastic for Manly. Made us economically viable and closer to self-sufficiency than we would've thought possible 5 years ago. And brought us on field success to boot.

It's a shame, but he is highly sought after now and has bigger fish to fry than what we can offer - even without the petty infighting.

I'm a leagues club member and have been for just over two decades now. I was going to join and become a football club member last year but didn't i will be this year 100% and as soon as i can.

This is not good whats happening to our great club i really don't know who is at fault but i hope they work it out asap. I also hope that some how ? Mayer stays on.

Check the Football Club constitution carefully. I am sure they slipped in a little by-law that said new members cannot vote for a year after their membership start date.

If you're right MB the constitution sounds like it was thought up by old style politicos.  Ex ALP senator Sibraa would have his right wing hands all over it.   

I was thinking last night at about 3am, that it may be time to get some fresh blood on the board , people that put the club 1st before themselves
Crusher, Tooves, Zorba maybe

The reality, IMO, is that belonging to the football club counts for nothing. I withdrew my membership last year when the letter against Max came out. There was never any explanation from the board on why they did it.

The voting at the last board meeting shows that the ones in charge have no interest in getting the opinions of paid up members before casting a vote. I certainly hope that Grant stays and they can sort it out. This is reflecting very poorly on the club.

The football club membership seems a joke and what happened last year was appalling. I would be very interested though in those reps of the football club justifying their vote to oust Mayer.  Maybe it is time to start agitating for new reps.

Canteen Worker link said:
The football club membership seems a joke and what happened last year was appalling. I would be very interested though in those reps of the football club justifying their vote to oust Mayer.  Maybe it is time to start agitating for new reps.
i agree

i was talking to another poster on here on the phone last nite and we both agreed wheel would have a good shot running for the board :)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6