What is it about Brookie?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I can't think of another Sydney ground which provides such a gladatorial feel as Brookie. It obviously gets to the players because 'biffo at Brookie' has become standard fare.
Has Allgood ever fired up that much at another Sydney ground?
Have we ever seen the sideline settle-up between Gift and Blair at another Sydney venue?
I can still recall the Sunday Bloody Sundays at Brookie when we played the Fibros and the Eels.
Imagine if they ever played a State of Origin match at Brookie? You could sell the coverage to Fight Channel.
To me, the cannonball tackled that cripled George Rose was far more dangerous than the Allgood incident (of course, in these days of political correctness and 'shield you eyes, kiddies' policies that the NRL has adopted I'm sounding like Rex Mossop)
I love the ground, and I was pleasantly surprised that almost 11,000 turned up last night in cold weather - particularly as there was no more than 200 Eels supporters there. They deserve credit; they are true rusted-on believers, and I'm sure the couple of punches Allgood threw at least gave them some belief that their team possed some fight . . . there goes that word again!

Well said!

Did anyone spot Matai waiting for Allgood in the car park last night after the game ;)

Geez some Parra fans were getting stuck into Chris "the Colonel" Sandow last night. Ugly stuff!! lol

@Darren would say that its gladiatorial because our team is so old and ageing that they have players straight from the Roman Gladiatorial ranks

In what circumstances do we get a Brooky Semi Final ? Do we have to finish in the top 4

Are home ground Semis back on the agenda ?

Brookie is the oldest RL ground and is immersed with decades of emotions of we, the Manly Faithful:angel:

Not many Opposition Fans make the trip across the bridge, so Brookie is almost pure Manly Warringah energy :)

I've had 40 great years of mainly triumph, some frustration, but always fully invested anticipation of Manly thrilling me and my fellow Supporters with their amazing athletic skills and raw testosterone display of awe inspiring defense :heart:

I love Manly, and cheering Manly at Brookie is the best footy experience ever :heart::heart:

I hope many Manly Fans will be able to attend our last home game this year - Brookie on a sunny Sunday, needs to be crossed off everyone's Bucket list :idea:

EagleFromMay1967 said:
In what circumstances do we get a Brooky Semi Final ? Do we have to finish in the top 4

Never - The NRL has Home City concept since last year :mad:

Manly can choose SFS or ANZ I believe for the semis, that is the only concession.:(

EagleFromMay1967 said:

No. We get dudded, and so would Cronulla, The Riff, Illawrra-George and the Eels.
Yet Newcastle, Canberra and Townsville are deemed worthy of holding semi finals.

HappilyManly said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Never - The NRL has Home City concept since last year :mad:

Manly can choose SFS or ANZ I believe for the semis, that is the only concession.:(

Dont be surprised if we were to play a team from outside of Sydney, that the NRL change the venue to Brooky. They dont want 13000 again at the SFS like last year v the Cows.

But that would require common sense, and those sort of decisions are not that common with the current mob.

Does anyone know how to get the background of the official website? I have seen it and its very gladiatorial itself,for those who dont know its a picture of Fortress Brookvale looking very fortressy

This is from the https://www.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles/photos_stream
[attachment=541]

From Zorba's View in this Saturday's Manly Daily
It was also good to see new Leagues Club CEO Craig Norman and Chairman Ian Thomson at the pre match function. THE atmosphere at Brookvale Oval is unique and it remains a firm favourite with fans despite its chronic need of a major upgrade.
Brookie won over a well travelled league personality on Monday night in English Super League boss Gary Hetherington from the Leeds Rhinos.
Hetherington attended a pre-match dinner, was invited into the Sea Eagles rooms post match and strolled around the ground. He loved the experience. “I have never watched a game live at Brookvale Oval and it was everything and more than I expected. It has character and so have the fans,” Hetherington said.
He rated halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran and the Stewart brothers as “world class”.

Very good ground with great atmosphere. Especially against enemies Storm and Dogs.

Sitting behing the southern goal posts, I heard the first allgumby punch!

Dan said:
@Darren would say that its gladiatorial because our team is so old and ageing that they have players straight from the Roman Gladiatorial ranks

Jorge Taufua might say "I'm Glad-i-tore-eels" to shreds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6