What is a 'hit-up'?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
The stats have me flummoxed. It alleges the only Manly back that made a hit-up against Souffs was Williamarmy. I thought a 'hit-up' was a player who took the ball from dummy half and, basically, got tackled without passing.
Jorge does this numerous times every match to help out weary forwards. Tom also is doing this, and Jamie.
Can anybody explain how this stat is arrived at?
Also, the metres gained. Does a fullback/winger get credited with returning a kick from where he catches the ball, as I imagine, which makes this stat meaningless as well.

One set of six, early in the game, I think it went both centres and both wingers did the first 4 hit ups of that set, then Buhrer before we kicked.

The stats have me flummoxed. It alleges the only Manly back that made a hit-up against Souffs was Williamarmy. I thought a 'hit-up' was a player who took the ball from dummy half and, basically, got tackled without passing.
Jorge does this numerous times every match to help out weary forwards. Tom also is doing this, and Jamie.
Can anybody explain how this stat is arrived at?
Also, the metres gained. Does a fullback/winger get credited with returning a kick from where he catches the ball, as I imagine, which makes this stat meaningless as well.
What stats are you reading from ? The NRL site calls them AR (all runs) which I take as hit ups, wiliame had 15.

As far as I can tell a hit up is a mindless run up the guts with no intention of passing the ball.

One set of six, early in the game, I think it went both centres and both wingers did the first 4 hit ups of that set, then Buhrer before we kicked.
We did that late too. Think it was like Tom, Jorge, Williame, Wright and Lyon kicked it. Forwards were blowing so the backs were straight in.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8