What Gus is planing with the Panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So let's get this straight. Gus is so focussed on the Penrith juniors that he signs up four Non-juniors next year to take the spots his juniors could have occupied.

P L E A S E.

You hear when Gus started talking about how good that Roosters winger was today, Rabbits goes, "so when are you gonna sign HIM Gus?".

There was some awkward silence.

Really guys that's it.
Okay here we go - you make a successful team (do you really think Cleary is expected to win a premiership next year?)
2014 - 15 when I expect them to do it.
The scary thing is when they do it they'll go close to back to back.

Here's what I'd do if Nood or Skivvi(with them as coach) wants to head back to NZ we set up an u16s and u18s team named the Falcons but at the same time as a separate SG ball and Harold Matts team.

love him or hate him - Gus know this game and is a real thinker. I had the pleasure of listening to him give a speech at Mac Bank one day, he is surprisingly engaging, articulate and intelligent. He will build Penrith into a real power house, much like they should have been in the early naughties.

Bring some good kids through and have some outside class brought in to add the finishing touches

It seems to me that the new regime is upsetting its best players. Gordon off. Lewis and Jennings reportedly going. Coote playing absolutely crap. I think now they may 'win' the spoon, just ahead of Canberra.
Not a good look for Gus and Ivan.

The Who said:
It seems to me that the new regime is upsetting its best players. Gordon off. Lewis and Jennings reportedly going. Coote playing absolutely crap. I think now they may 'win' the spoon, just ahead of Canberra.

No I disagree they playing group at penrith have been out of controll because of Elliot. They were blaming the board for everything but the board dont score tries.

They mouthed off at the board for sacking Elliott, they mouthed off for not getting Steve georgelais to replace Elliot and demanded say in his replacement.

Gould and cleary are reeling them in and it will pay dividends.

Cameron said:
The Who said:

No I disagree they playing group at penrith have been out of controll because of Elliot. They were blaming the board for everything but the board dont score tries.

They mouthed off at the board for sacking Elliott, they mouthed off for not getting Steve georgelais to replace Elliot and demanded say in his replacement.

Gould and cleary are reeling them in and it will pay dividends.

Spot on - make the playing group concentrate on what they are paid to do, let the back office look after itself

I really loved in the commentary today when Gus twice said of Manly moves that it was a sign of good coaching. I'm sure coaching is a lonely old job, especially for a first timer, and I reckon it will do Tooves the world of good to hear praise from someone so esteemed as a coach and observer of the game. Loved that.

The Who said:
Penrith should be a powerhouse. They have the largest junior numbers in Sydney. Something is wrong. I think cultivating your juniors is the correct policy, so why is Gus signing up outsiders?
the thing here is,they have the best junior talent out there,but they always bring in players from either NZ or the country,which really pisses off a lot of people up here,they dont always show faith in their own juniors,how do I know this,I was involved with the junior rep teams for a couple of years and still know people there now.Gould can paint this pretty picture,but its only a fake

The Who said:

You not getting it are you.
Short term pain, long term gain.
Harold Matts made the finals.
SG Ball made the finals.
U20s lead the comp.
Windsor lead the comp
They'll flog them off (Jennings, Lewis etc) and have money to build off, repeat.

We should be pushing with our premiership success the same thing.
After seeing a few guys come through a successful junior team - alarm bells should be ringing at our current state in the 20s and reggies

Yeah they're signing a few players for next few years and then the juniors will start coming through in 13 or 14. That's the plan they're working on, sure they'll be rubbish this year and get a bit better next year but 13 will their big jump year in their plans. Gus may be a pain in the you know what but he knows how to win in this comp, has a good track record having success. Personally he does piss me off quite a bit in commentary but knows what he's doing.

And NSW greatest coach at Origin level by far I'd say too

hordernnewt said:
I really loved in the commentary today when Gus twice said of Manly moves that it was a sign of good coaching. I'm sure coaching is a lonely old job, especially for a first timer, and I reckon it will do Tooves the world of good to hear praise from someone so esteemed as a coach and observer of the game. Loved that.

Not necessarily picking on you but nothing is truer from a rugby league supporter that commentators only know what they are talking about when they say something positive about your team. When they say something you don't like they are nuffies who have no idea waht they are talking about.

eagles2win said:
The Who said:

SG Ball made the finals.
U20s lead the comp.
Windsor lead the comp
They'll flog them off (Jennings, Lewis etc) and have money to build off, repeat.

After seeing a few guys come through a successful junior team - alarm bells should be ringing at our current state in the 20s and reggies

Bingo, Des was a genious for his '5 year plan'. Gus is doing exactly the same thing. Not only does it build a good team but it builds a fantastic atmosphere in the club.

hordernnewt said:
I think you will find Tooves would not know about those comments. I'm pretty sure he was at the ground, not watching the delayed channel 9 coverage...

eagles2win said:
The Who said:

SG Ball made the finals.
U20s lead the comp.
Windsor lead the comp

and your not getting it either,the junior stuff is crap,yeah they are doing well,but they are buying kids from NZ,not always bringing up their juniors,a whole lot of junior players are going to other clubs because they are not getting a fair go,its not as peachey as it seems buddy

Wow. This forum sure has developed a way nastier tone than it used to have. ME and SER8: glad you both realized I'm a total idiot. Would that be because I've supported my beloved Sea Eagles since 1970? Or because I posted on a forum where the likes of your good selves lurk?

PS. I was sittimgon the hill many years ago when a very excited family watched their young son play his first game for the mighty Eagles. Such excitement, enthusiasm, and affection. From that first day I developed a real soft spot for the little guy. Yes, Geoff Toovey. So please excuse my happiness that there might be some support around for someone who was thrown in at the deep end.

PPS. When did blokes turn into a bunch of bitchy girls?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2