What gets you going the most ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
When you're watching the lads go around, what is the best part of it for you ?

For me, there is no question about it, especially after the last 2 weeks. It is the sight of Brett Stewart going over for a try. After what he has been through and following closely how he fought through it, every time he dots down it is a damn good feeling and I could watch it all day, I often watch those tries quite a few times

The best moment in footy without a doubt for me this season was watching him in Origin 2 running 50m, with 80,000 on their feet cheering him and seeing the look on his face when he got the ball down turning back to his team mates. If ever a bloke deserved that feeling, it was him. He would look extremely good with a Churchill Medal around his neck

2nd for me, is watching Matai iron guys out with absolute bell ringers. His hits on Young, Smith and Harris stick in my mind

What get's me going rugby league style......

It's a tough one to answer as it's a very emotional question at a cerebral level.

Professionalism and utter ruthlessness.

A back line clicking, Daly kicking.

Matai smashing, King and Kite bashing.

Brett scything, Wolfman flying.

Foz directing, Gifty scoring.

Manly colours flying high,

Team celebrates another try.

Holding the trophy aloft,

A premiership won, nothing lost.

Watching a perfect cut out pass,

Your all, left out upon the grass.

Feeling the blood pulse through my veins,

Maroon and white rules every game.

It gets me going to see MY team,

Strive to be the best that's been.

The amount of attacking genius, intelligence and mateship in our team.

We have the best halves by far - best moment for me so far this year was watching our halves pass back and forth up the middle of the field last week for a try.

Kiwi Eagle said:
What gets you going the most ?

That's a tough one KE.
Having a beer and a laugh with other Manly fans before the game …
Knowing we will probably win any given match no matter who the opposition is …
Going to do my shopping in Newcastle the morning after a win, Eagle Rock blaring from the XT falc with windows down :D

Watching our halves get better every week. Seeing DCE pull off a 40/20 when we need it makes me proud.

Kiwi Eagle said:
When you're watching the lads go around, what is the best part of it for you ?

For me, there is no question about it, especially after the last 2 weeks. It is the sight of Brett Stewart going over for a try. After what he has been through and following closely how he fought through it, every time he dots down it is a damn good feeling and I could watch it all day, I often watch those tries quite a few times

The best moment in footy without a doubt for me this season was watching him in Origin 2 running 50m, with 80,000 on their feet cheering him and seeing the look on his face when he got the ball down turning back to his team mates. If ever a bloke deserved that feeling, it was him. He would look extremely good with a Churchill Medal around his neck

2nd for me, is watching Matai iron guys out with absolute bell ringers. His hits on Young, Smith and Harris stick in my mind

Totally agree!!

Watching Snake streak through a gap or chase a kick brings a smile to my face everytime. Also matai in defence and lyon as always producing something all class down the right. Love it!

Back in the day Cliffy short pass with Menzies flying through used to make me go mad as a kid

And anytime Choc makes a break.

When you're counting down the timer there comes a moment where you realize that the other team can't score enough points to catch us within the time left.

that a forward can make a dozen hitups well over 100m consistently each week and still be considered ****

we must be going alright

globaleagle said:

It's a tough one to answer as it's a very emotional question at a cerebral level.

Very poetic GE, now put the shot glass down. Kidding. Nice work.

Equal first for me are the creative tries from all over the width of the field; and the amazing goal line defence:angel:

Manly zip around in attack - but you can't tempt them to break the Maroon and White wall of defence.

Beautiful to witness and then replay, as you just can't believe the precision that you just witnessed :heart:

Many Happy Manly memories to come yet in 2012:exclamation:

Oh, and Warringah Council's Brookvale Oval Shower Stalls :p

Just knowing that I'm a Manly supporter and we're synonymous with success does it enough for me.
From Snake to Beaver to Cliffy all the way back to my first jersey with Ian Martin's #6 on the back ( although he did wear 8, 4 & 7 sometimes too !)

globaleagle said:

Blow that whistle ref!
Thomas Kenneally's got nothing on you.

ooooooooooh, so that's what I did last night.

I'm a poet and I didn't know it!

Niccipops was correct.

Still love watching T-Rex palming off anyone who is first in to wrap him up.

Or, the next day when I proudly wear my Manly gear and other fans know how Manly went but not sure of when they're team plays or who they're playing!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6