What do people want? The Millon dollar DES question.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you rather Manly

• Just the way we were - 10 years at the top, 3 GF wins, backended contracts to keep the side together

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • Or win in 08, side breaks up within 2y due to cap and upgraded contracts. We end up solid top 8.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Quick poll to guage expectations and see what us as fans really want. We all kjow where we are at the moment and how we have fallen from the top of the tree. Des and crusher built that tree so if you could go back in time and change things which way would you go.

A side can never be on the top forever under the salery cap and regulations that are now in the game.

So my qestion is-

Good job giving us two options. I refuse to votr because like belamy has shown, it doesnt have to be back ended contacts or 1 year of success.

It just has to be smart footy with good footballers .

Salary cap aside, what he does with his teams is amazing.

Agreed

The Storm/Bellamy model works because 1) Spine is strong ... Smith/Cronk/Slater have been there for years and the team revolves around these guys. Three playmakers in a team is the perfect number. And 2)Solid forwards/backs who know their job ... While there are better players out there, the fact is guys like Finucane and Cheyse Blair turn up as fringe first graders and turn into solid players due to the system. Players go to the Storm and get better! People used to say that about us!!

We could very well have the future in our hands with Parcell, DCE and TTurbo.

Agreed

The Storm/Bellamy model works because 1) Spine is strong ... Smith/Cronk/Slater have been there for years and the team revolves around these guys. Three playmakers in a team is the perfect number. And 2)Solid forwards/backs who know their job ... While there are better players out there, the fact is guys like Finucane and Cheyse Blair turn up as fringe first graders and turn into solid players due to the system. Players go to the Storm and get better! People used to say that about us!!

We could very well have the future in our hands with Parcell, DCE and TTurbo.
That's one of the best potential 1/7/9 combos around. Put the pieces in place around them, we'll be good.

That's one of the best potential 1/7/9 combos around. Put the pieces in place around them, we'll be good.

And when they are gone , let's see how successful Bellyache is then.

Scam Smith is the best game manager in the business , he's a class above anyone else in the game just for that.

When he and Cronk retire the Storm will come back to the pack , and fast!!

The storm model is interesting and certinally gets results however would they be this strong today had they not cheated the cap.
Would their spine still be there had they not cheated the cap.
Bellyache must have know they were cheating the cap.
If slater, cronk or smith had have moved on because they couldnt afford them all those years ago melbourne may have had a very different history...
We on the other hand backended the contracts to keep players that were dead set champions.
Imoh at the time success like ours and melbourne could have only been acheived one of 2 ways. Our system or theirs and as far as im concerned their system was built around roarting the salary cap.

Slip if the thumb in my first post. Yes 2 gf wins and à 3rd appearance.

Without the backended deals We could have been like a cowgirls side that have always been there or there abouts but never really making it. Until last year that is...

Back ending is easy and simple. Just don't organise back ended deals with players that have an age gap of 1-3 years, but for 5+ years instead

Good job giving us two options. I refuse to votr because like belamy has shown, it doesnt have to be back ended contacts or 1 year of success.

You can't leave the salary cap out of it. They assembled that squad whilst rorting the cap. They never should have been able to put that squad together, and the nucleus of it survived the rort. Back in the early days when Cronk was just showing how great he would be and Smith was hitting his straps, they never had to fend off other offers on a level playing field.

And once you've had a group of guys playing together they'll be willing to take pay cuts to stay together.

Bellamy works on the double front ended contracts to keep his spine

I like the 1990's model

winning 3 gf's in row - using the logic of the OP we won 65 on 7th tackle and 97 on drug cheats

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6