What about this f...ing year!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
There has been so much emphasis on the FUTURE of these two blokes and all of it is valid discussion.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS YEAR !!!

I am ambivalent about whether DCE stays or goes as there are positives if he stays and positives if he goes as at this stage of his career he is a very good player and not yet a great one so the money may well be better spent.Who knows?
But what I cant cop is that these blokes are being paid HUGE MONEY to play for us NOW and for the rest of 2015! How can we possible preparing for a season with all this rubbish going on. It is absolutely impossible. I want to win a title this year like very year and to have that hope held to ransom by two guys who were given everything by this club is absolutely ridiculous.How many times have I heard these guys say they owe it to the club to sort this after last years mess.If I have to watch Foran hang dog it around the park like the back end of last year it will finish me!
I had lunch with a young guy who played Qcup for Wynnum last week and played a lot of rep footy with DCE and he said NOONE wanted anything to do with him except Manly...zero interest.

Look after your future for sure mate and good luck to you but don't put a whole season to the sword for our great club who were the only one with faith in your ability with your juvenile shenanigans. And even if you do resign with us they are and always will be juvenile shenanigans and that in itself worries me if we do resign you.

Last edited:
Them leaving or not is relevant to this year and beyond for sure.

BUT I am willing to bet a lot of money that all this juvenile crap has probably finished us already.Apart from injuries, winning a comp comes down to attitude if you have the cattle.We have the cattle but does anyone think we have the attitude right now?

BUT I am willing to bet a lot of money that all this juvenile crap has probably finished us already.Apart from injuries, winning a comp comes down to attitude if you have the cattle.We have the cattle but does anyone think we have the attitude right now?
I think our first game is going 2 tell us so much.

I'm with Mauler, either leaving will be bad for the team going forward this season.
However, if both re-sign this week (apparently they'll both makes their decision this week) it'll set the platform for a great season.
Both players aren't in good form and it's obvious they're affected by this contract crap. Sort their future and stick with Manly and they'll have their best seasons yet.

I have about a dozen mates up here who are diehard Eagles. The common thread amongst all was that 3 months ago they all wanted us to keep these guys for life and not have a repeat of last years crap- Now it is a unified voice. Sign or F..off! Our club is bigger than 2 individuals.

If DCE decides to sign elsewhere for 2016 - let him go immediately.
If Foz decides to sign elsewhere for 2016 - he can stay.

The reasons - DCE's future has been played out in the media more than any other player recently. Whether its himself or his manager leaking his lunch dates and tours I don't care. His contract has affected his footy (the end of last year and the trial I saw at Gosford last week)
Foz has been exploring his options, but in the main its left up to his manager, he may have had a lunch or 2 with other clubs but the media haven't been made aware of it.

I agree, the season is stuffed before we start. Attitude is part of culture and it takes time to build, but can be destroyed with a single event. Unfortunately for us we have had multiple events in Gifty, Choc, Matai and now these two sitting on the fence. Even if they both re-sign now, the attitude of their team mates towards them may well be stuffed.

I'm at a point now where I suspect the damage is done and we should release them both and start a rebuild with guys who want to be at the club and will bleed for the jersey.

If they sign elsewhere then they need to be released now. It will be a pointless season otherwise and most of us will have little emotion attached to the team this year if they are heading off in 2016.

Its a business...to the players
Many forget without fans we don't have a game & many are rightfully losing patience.
The NRL needed to step in long ago in relation to poaching players, which was once frowned upon & punished, as this keeps the negotiating circus alive & destroys ambition & unity within the club also creating mass chaos between players & fans.
In a nutshell I've been over this for a while but respect(ed) the players attempting to make the best money as most do in a work environment, but about now I think its time to set a deadline....& the Manly management need to let the players involved know they need to do their job.
Maybe look at recruiting players to cover potential loss rather than be left with NSW cup players to choose from in key positions due to missing out on the best available players, while waiting loyally for our own players who decide to join elsewhere - it works both ways.
Make the call before season kickoff & lets get on with this season & many more with clarity, whether its a perfect outcome - I'm over it, plenty will be happy to carry on the tradition of proudly wearing a Manly jersey.

Not sure about keeping Foran and letting DCE go in 2015 if they both sign elsewhere.Forans body language last year was of a man who had little interest. Im sure that changes if he stays but if he goes elsewhere I cant see any upside.I would release both.To do otherwise is just delaying the inevitable.2015 would be a farce.

Why now ? that is what annoys me. Its not as though all of a sudden 3 clubs realized DCE was available. They would want to determine their roster just as early as Manly would. This could have been done weeks ago.The whole thing is simply disrespectful.

If DCE decides to sign elsewhere for 2016 - let him go immediately.
If Foz decides to sign elsewhere for 2016 - he can stay.

The reasons - DCE's future has been played out in the media more than any other player recently. Whether its himself or his manager leaking his lunch dates and tours I don't care. His contract has affected his footy (the end of last year and the trial I saw at Gosford last week)
Foz has been exploring his options, but in the main its left up to his manager, he may have had a lunch or 2 with other clubs but the media haven't been made aware of it.

Should punt Matai as well, can't have someone playing for us who repeatedly stormed into managements offices demanding a release so he could go and play elsewhere. Happened many times this year and last according to the papers

Should punt Matai as well, can't have someone playing for us who repeatedly stormed into managements offices demanding a release so he could go and play elsewhere. Happened many times this year and last according to the papers
I see a clear difference Matai asked for a release and we said no. I didn't see Matai at the GC or even the Warriors with a big media circus (orchestrated by his manager).

Kiwi do you seriously think that this mess is doing anything positive for our club.I know you don't think it has anything to do with fans and fair enough but anyone who thinks that this is not derailing us and hurting our brand is kidding himself. And anyone who thinks that we will mount a challenge in 2015 with two halves who already don't have a good relationship with the coach and will be leaving in 2016 is even more deluded.Lose a few games(and we will) and they will be booed onto the field each and every week.Absolutely zero upside.

Tbh mate, I simply don't care about the differing articles that contradict each other day after day after day, I don't bother reading them really. What will be will be with these two. Just some of the OTT crap I read on here at times is more tiresome than the daily updates from the papers (not directed at you), and it why I'm only a very occasional poster on here recently

I could guarentee you that the same people who are now saying punt them both, or even just one of them, for lack of loyalty, won't be showing Toovey any loyalty when we are running 14th mid season and they are calling for his head

I'll just ignore all the crap and tune is for the games, pretty easy to do with the World Cup on at the moment

Sadly I think season 2015 is doomed before a tackle is made.

If we thought the body language was bad at the end of last year just wait until next week.

Eels 36-4

And season 2015 will be blown away in one game.

A significant number of Manly fans seem to be unravelling emotionally and it may be the cumulative effect of media dramas going back to the defection of Hoppa and Hasler after the 2011 win. Or maybe even back as far as the trauma of Snake’s false charges in 2009?
What is worth remembering is that pretty much every year we are written off for one reason or another, yet each year the players produce and are there or thereabouts when the whips are cracking.
The law of averages says we have to have a mediocre season at some stage, but I get the distinct impression that coach Geoff Toovey (and Manly players in general) think that law is an ass.

Not sure about keeping Foran and letting DCE go in 2015 if they both sign elsewhere.Forans body language last year was of a man who had little interest. Im sure that changes if he stays but if he goes elsewhere I cant see any upside.I would release both.To do otherwise is just delaying the inevitable.2015 would be a farce.

If you keep 1 DCE is it, Foran's game is build on passion, without it he is average at best. DCE is skill based so at least will come up with some good plays.

That is if you have to keep 1 and they both do not sign.

I can't understand people liking Foran's tact of sitting back quietly doing nothing but screw his club and their fans. He has had the offer, stated money is not it and its all about what/who is at Manly. Surely he knows that by know and can make a call.

Like Watmough and DCE i think it is all about the money for these guys, its jsut the nature of that generation, want it all and want it now.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6