What a Joke.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pearso

Reserve Grader
On entering Brookie yesterday with the kids, the nice secuirty guard removed 4 cans of sparkling juice the kids had for the day. in their back back. I enquired as to why they could not take them in. He replied You have to buy your drinks inside. I informed the nice security guard that the kids don't drink coke and I couldn't afford to buy them at the over inflated prices they charge at the ground and the drinks they had are not sold at the ground. So I said I would pick the cans up on the way out. Can't do that either so the kids had the choice to either skull two cans each or  put them in the bin.

I looked at the sign near the gate and saw no cans, so my mistake but what pissed me off is that at no stage did the security guards say cans were not allowed, he simply removed them stating we couldn't take them in and the only explanation I got was that we had to buy drinks inside. Given you can buy cans of beer inside i though well it's not for safety and purely a money thing. I also said well I have a drink bottle with water in it are you taking that to. He said no that is fine. I said but they sell water inside but it's okay to bring a drink bottle in (which could have anything in it anyway). Also had  a large bag of chips which are also sold inside but it's okay to take them in.

Then whilst watching the game 4 young blokes seat down on the wall of the hill each drinking a bottle of tooheys extra dry, which they would have walked thru the gates with. THey were not carrying a bag so I guess security only chekc bags, so next time I'll get the kids to just put the cans in their pockets and walk thru the gate. one thing I know is that I will continue to go and support the team but I will not be spending a cent of food or bevarages at the game. Well maybe a few cans of beer.

Yeah that's not cool. I know several kids who have allergies, particularly to drinks with preservatives and artificial flavouring in them. My ex's young bloke was one of them. You could not give the kid coke or he would get a bad headache and be a nightmare for a while.

it's no fun for him to not get a fizzy drink, I mean he is on a big day out, so we always packed special drinks he was allowed to have

Looks like a new security firm trying to follow by the book, Jono wasn't allowed to play his drum either

Not sure if it is a new one, The old one used to be my parents neighbour from Collaroy.

I remember one ridiculous day where I had to argue with the security guy because my mate passed my ticket to me through the fence. They had pre-bought my ticket and I was running late so rang them when I got to the ground and he came down to the fence to pass me my ticket and this one security guard started making a big fuss about it.

I explained to him that tickets were individually barcoded and I wouldn't be able to use the same ticket twice. I also explained that my friend had pre-bought my ticket for me whilst I was stuck in traffic.

In the end I just told me mate to pass me my ticket, I grabbed it and he ran off I told the security guard to meet me at the gate if he had an issue.

I just walked off and the security guy gave up on me.

Was just stupid

You are dealing with people who have IQ's only slightly higher than their shoe size. Logical, well presented arguments do not work. 

when my son was younger we were told at suncorp i couldnt take any food( which meant his sandwhich, a fruit bar and a juice) into suncorp.He was about 3 at the time. Policies that they enforce are very wrong, and many times not legal. But at the gate, what options do you have

It was diabolical

Chip & Chase link said:
You are dealing with people who have IQ's only slightly higher than their shoe size. Logical, well presented arguments do not work. 

Not all of us are that bad....there are a hell of a lot though that make us look that way.

yep, in teh pocket, in the coat, through the fence, thats just the way you need to go about it

I remember walking across the road to the bottleshop, buying a 6 pack and whacking them in the pockets etc. Saved a fortune.

You used to be able to take food in too. We used order pizzas about 40 mins before first grade started, grab a pass out, go and get them and come back in. Then walk past 1000 starving punters on the hill with 2 steaming hot pizzas. The faces on some people was pure gold. 

I may or may not have taken a hip flask or two in there in my time

A guy enters a bar carrying an alligator. Says to the patrons, "Here’s a deal. I'll open this alligator's mouth and place my genitals inside. The gator will close his mouth for one minute, then open it, and I'll remove my unit unscathed. If it works, everyone buys me drinks." The crowd agrees. The guy drops his pants and puts his privates in the gator's mouth. Gator closes mouth. After a minute, the guy grabs a beer bottle and bangs the gator on the top of its head. The gator opens wide, and he removes his genitals unscathed. Everyone buys him drinks. Then he says: "I'll pay anyone $100 who's willing to give it a try." After a while, a hand goes up in the back of the bar. It's a woman. "I'll give it a try," she says, "but you have to promise not to hit me on the head with the beer bottle."

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=187147.msg328661#msg328661 date=1301452434]
Yeah well not where Cath stashed it!!

I never knew seafood was a part of bourbon
[/quote]

Bourbon and Dry!!

I'm here all day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8