What a great win-thoughts...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Definitely our best performance of the season from 1-17 we played great all over the park,orford had a blinder(watmough smashed keating legally and took him out of the game) as did most of the boys,i liked the fact that des tweaked the starting line up , a reshuffle if you may,and just on t-rex,i think we have our new winger well as far as bani is concerned ,he caught well ran strongly defended well,played better than bani has played all year,good win boys,keep em coming!

P.S i couldnt pick the motm they all played outstanding,does anyone know who got the 3 points?

I thought George Rose was outstanding.  Credit to him because I did not think he'd make it back.  It was a good move starting with Rodney too.  He is playing very good football and it will wake Hall up I'd say.

just read on herald sun that kris keating has a broken jaw,i mean injuries are never good of this calibre for anyone but what a hit by watmough.

I think Kite might have been given a wake up call as well - probably our best win of the season

Rodney was awesome, reminds me a bit of beaver with his footwork before the line.
What a signing im sure he was a bargain for 4 years...

Rodney has a lot of Beaver about him. Makes line breaks. Can create 2nd phase football. Looks great in defense.

Rodney and Rose were outstanding. King had a good game too!

Orford finally got a bit of his kicking in order. Everyone else was strong too.

Rodney, Rose and King. Jason stepped up a gear and had his best for the year. Our front rotation was the winning platform. Great finishes by Wolfie and Lyon has continued as player of the year.

A great win. The boys were a bit patchy at times but it was certainly a dominant win. Big George Rose doesn't make my list of hotties but he played awesomely today. I enjoyed seeing Wolfy get a double. Lyon on fire once again. Orford better. Watmough, one of the hits of the year on the halfback. Sad news that the young fella has a broken jaw.
Crawling up the ladder now. Go the Eagles.

I thought we gave away far less piggy back penalties which have killed us in some earlier games. Not sure though if that was due to better discipline or good luck...

All played well, I liked in particular Jamie, Ox, Rodney, Rose & Choc.

take the win, but the 5th tackle options are frustrating. How many repeat sets did Manly get? Orford had a good game but needs to fix up his kicking game quickly!

I agree Mal, the fifth tackle options were just so so.  Kicks instead of running the ball.  Rose went very well as did Rodney and , of course,  Lyon.  T-Rex?  still thinking about him.  Runs across the field and runs slow.  Needs to run forward with more steam.  Choc dropped at least two balls and gave away a penalty plus ten metres and apart from his hit on Keating he grabs rather than putting in the shoulder..  Start him of the bench maybe.  A good win but we'll have to improve next week.  Jeezus with Stewart in the line up it could have been 50 - 10. 

Ryan link said:
Where's Kingyfan? Maybe he hasn't finished filling up the tissue yet???

Sorry I am late Ryan but I have just got back form scrubbing jason's back after the game 

He got an extra good scrub from me tonight because he had such a sensational game today and I had to wash all that slime off him. 

How many times did Choc drop the ball today, all in our half also which put us under pressure in defence. What about the attempt to take the short kick off, what was he thinking.

Choc's worst game so far this season.  Only good thing he did was break Keating's jaw.  he needs to stop airswinging and jumper grabbing. 

The only time Choc used his head was when he accidentally broke Keating's jaw. Even so he still posed a significant threat and scored a try.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2