We're fingered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Lol, burgess nudge..... Look I'm pumped for tonight's game and will be backing the boys 100%, but if you remove your maroon glasses were shot ducks.... We just don't have what it takes to match it up front with souths, this is why our back have been making so many errors lately.... Forwards aren't putting down a platform for the backs to work on the back of, you have a back line full of super stars but if your forwards can't match what's in front of them, you can forget it. The boys will throw the kitchen sink at this, but as much as I would love to say we got this, just don't see it. Fingers crossed

Such negativity is a surprise.
Oh wait, I forgot, it's you.
I'll be there expecting a win. We may or may not win, but I'm expecting nothing less. Followed by 2 weeks of, 'How stupid were we to write off Manly?'

This post is going to look real silly if we win.
There is alot more pressure on the Rabbids to win. We are massive underdogs which is something this team relishes.

GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!!!

There's a difference between negative and being a realist you a:& wipe, no surprise you turn up to rub your thumb on everyone's opinion , tim have you got a brother called tom.

c eagle said:
There's a difference between negative and being a realist you a:& wipe, no surprise you turn up to rub your thumb on everyone's opinion , tim have you got a brother called tom.
There's a difference between saying someone's being negative and calling someone an a:%wipe too.
No need for it.

Souths are missing Teo and Sam B and Inglis are not 100%. Plus they had a hard hit-out last week. Our forwards don't have the names but they have shown earlier in the year they can get the job done.

I reckon we have had our eye on this match for the last 6 weeks.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Souths are missing Teo and Sam B and Inglis are not 100%. Plus they had a hard hit-out last week. Our forwards don't have the names but they have shown earlier in the year they can get the job done.

I reckon we have had our eye on this match for the last 6 weeks.

Te'o is a loss and Inglis not being 100% will hurt them too. But Sam burgess playing injured will not affect them one bit. I hate him with a passion, but he is as tough as they come. His injury will affect him as much as Watmough's has been affecting him....... Not at all.
I'm also expecting a Manly win.
IMO... If win tonight, we will win the comp. If we lose tonight, we won't.

Big upset brewing, although personally I don't think it will be an upset. The teams are fairly evenly matched given our experience in big games.
Why oh why do you supporters turn on each other when you hear a different opinion than the one you have. So strange, I love the mix of opinions on here, but some think they are the PC police. Lighten up guys.
Manly by 8

Souths form over the last few weeks hasn't been much better than ours. Teo is a big loss for them. I expect our performance to be a huge improvement and expect us to win.

c eagle said:

What a loud mouth f head!

Wombat Legacy said:
Big upset brewing, although personally I don't think it will be an upset. The teams are fairly evenly matched given our experience in big games.
Why oh why do you supporters turn on each other when you hear a different opinion than the one you have. So strange, I love the mix of opinions on here, but some think they are the PC police. Lighten up guys.
Manly by 8
Exactly, everyone should be able to have there opinion on any player or match without someone jumping on them..... Been happening for years, the thread name was aimed at burgess , a bit of light humour..... Don't get me wrong , I'm 100% behind the boys , but on past performances it don't look good! plus we have been smashed with injuries to an area we just couldn't afford! I'll still be sitting on the edge of the couch screaming at vermin and refs , I'll be happy to eat my words when proven wrong...... I hope your all smashing me tomorrow .

The realist in me says if we are 20 or less down at half-time we'll come home sweet. You know they'll roll our forwards and have that little priick running at our retreating players screaming for offside. Weather that storm (poor choice of word:(), and we'll get 'em at the post.:D

You cant buy finals experience. We've got this.
Ive thought all week that we wont play our best footy but we will play an improved style that is better than the last few weeks and enough to win. Pray the refs dont crucify us, because if we get a fair crack then we should win. Killer, Foz or Matai for man of the match

We are up against it no doubt about it, and I think that makes us more dangerous than ever. From an outside view I can understand the view that Manly have no chance, and from those I've spoken to that is the common view. My view is:

1) Being written off galvanizes Manly like no other team
2) Souths just need to drop their focus and intensity and they will have the pocket picked like in 2013 PF.

It's only human nature for a team like Souths to think 'let's cruise past Manly, no need to dig deep into the well, then get the 2 weeks off and prepare for the GF run'.

GI is definitely not 100%, but I agree with the comment about Burgess, doesn't matter.

The other thing is that Keary has no finals experience, and Reynolds and Sutton have a propensity to choke in the bigger games.

I like Matai targeting George Burgess, this could also put Sam Burgess off his game as he does his usual 3rd man in tactics.

I expect an intensity from not only our forwards but our backs (in helping out the forwards) like we haven't fully seen this year. I expect JSL to come off the bench and hurtle himself at the defensive line like a bazooka, and Taufau, Hiku and Killer to all do 'Matai' style runs to get our sets going.

Foran tonight to step up having been named 'Players Player' and DCE to play his best game of the season.

And Watmough to go absolutely nuts. (in a good way)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6