Well said Bob Fulton

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

https://www.outline.com/3qdDH6

Thought it deserved a thread. I like what fulton suggests here with the captains/coaches challenge. Would avoid plenty of scenarios like we saw against the Dragons. Is it realistic that this would be a good introduction? I don’t see why not, maybe 3 challenges may be too many but like the general idea. Reduces the potential for blatant referee **** ups costing games

With the state he left our club, Fulton should just practice being quiet for a bit.
Didn't he leave when we came 6th overall and in the finals? With Trent Barrett as coach? People were calling for Trent to get an extension too. Including me.

My only real issue with captains challenge, is that you’re still relying on incompetent buffoons to get the call right after you ask the question, and as we have seen with the bunker it won’t eliminate controversy
But it will eliminate looking at a hundred video ref decisions. The only ones will be the challenges. We get our game back maybe.

With the state he left our club, Fulton should just practice being quiet for a bit.
Stirringsht.gif
Stirringsht.gif
fishing-caught-a-big-one-2018.gif
You wait til BOZO reads that !!

cherry-evansd-munrod-2gp_1381.jpg
But Chez you are captain of Manly .... you know the directive

Someone has to say it Matt. Perhaps I'm being parochial, but the number of bad calls being made against the Sea Eagles in the past few seasons makes me wonder at the impartiality of the refs. A captain's call is needed and then if the video ref blunders he and the ref need to answer to their boss and the coach of the club

Didn't he leave when we came 6th overall and in the finals? With Trent Barrett as coach? People were calling for Trent to get an extension too. Including me.
Not trying to be disrespectful or start a fight Ryan that’s just how I feel mate. When Fulton left, this club fealt less like Manly to me than ever before and that includes the NE dark days. When he left the culture was dirt, the coach was foreign and useless (Let’s face it, he was never going to work we were blinded by hope) and the salary cap drama was all about to unfold. If were all honest with ourselves he was definitely involved in the salary cap cheating if not the ring leader and he got away with it all because he’s an immortal and friends with the sport journalists. All the while we were punished as fans. I understand the guy is important to this club but jeez you’d have to have both eyes closed to not see what I’m saying.

Not trying to be disrespectful or start a fight Ryan that’s just how I feel mate. When Fulton left, this club feast less like Manly to me than ever before and that includes the NE dark days. When he left the culture was dirt, the coach was foreign and useless (Let’s face it, he was never going to work we were blinded by hope) and the salary cap drama was all about to unfold. If were all honest with ourselves he was definitely involved in the salary cap cheating if not the ring leader and he got away with it all because he’s an immortal and friends with the sport journalists. All the while we were punished as fans. I understand the guy is important to this club but jeez you’d have to have both eyes closed to not see what I’m saying.
No I definitely get what you're saying. I just think it was a culmination of many many things.

Were we still over Des backending dramas?

We were still paying Myles.

I personally know Fulton / Barrett had ... Hmmm...problems at one point.

People tore Fulton a new arsehole mate over DCE's long contract. In hindsite, it was pretty good considering. DCE'S close to being on what most halves are these days, and we could have been left.with Foran ! On one leg.

Also blame the Penn's a little too mate. They asked him to come back and oversee the place.

There was also a bullying culture I heard in the front office.

I get what your saying though, but we are.coming out the other side, that's for sure.

No I definitely get what you're saying. I just think it was a culmination of many many things.

Were we still over Des backending dramas?

We were still paying Myles.

I personally know Fulton / Barrett had ... Hmmm...problems at one point.

People tore Fulton a new arsehole mate over DCE's long contract. In hindsite, it was pretty good considering. DCE'S close to being on what most halves are these days, and we could have been left.with Foran ! On one leg.

Also blame the Penn's a little too mate. They asked him to come back and oversee the place.

There was also a bullying culture I heard in the front office.

I get what your saying though, but we are.coming out the other side, that's for sure.
Mate your totally right there were many factors unfortunately. To me its very disappointing to see how he walked away from it all.

In saying that I am totally stoked how things are going at the moment. That true Manly feeling is back and I’m enjoying supporting this team.

Through all the drama, Hasler got a bad rap but if he leaves again I think I’ll kidnap him and bring him back myself.

Mate your totally right there were many factors unfortunately. To me its very disappointing to see how he walked away from it all.

In saying that I am totally stoked how things are going at the moment. That true Manly feeling is back and I’m enjoying supporting this team.

Through all the drama, Hasler got a bad rap but if he leaves again I think I’ll kidnap him and bring him back myself.

Between you and I, I also think Dessie and Bozo have a great relationship. Barrett towards the end most certainly did not, and it (Improbably shouldn't say tbh) came down to very , VERY early morning calls with demands, expectations, requests for statistics, results etc.

Barrett just wanted it being his team.

I think you blokes are being a bit hard on Fulton. The forward pack we have today was pretty well built by the guy. Marty and AFB probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

Dce would be a titan. And who knows with the Turbos?

The thing is Bozo (the immortal version) has weight around the game. Players sign on because of it. **** gets done because of it. We might not be here without it.

Now don't get me wrong he made some mistakes too in TBAZ and friends but if we talk about the Manly Culture all the time this bloke is Manly Culture.

And yes we did come 6th when he was still involved. It only really went to the wrapper when trent was left to his own devices last year. Remember he didn't just up and leave. The cap witch hunt by toodles did that.

What really should happen is the officials....in a hot contest with the game on the line....should review this game deciding moment, especially with the fact it was a definite competition to win that ball and suddenly it was a clean Illawarra uncontested catch....players are always under scrutiny, yet officials can decide a game.
I don’t expect perfection as there is human error, but for goodness sake, that was an obvious time to review....
Also, just an idea and I don’t want to go all NFL, but maybe it could be a coaches call ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4