Well played PVL - go hard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
PVL is the man he has been amazing in getting the game back on the road again. As for these muppets... 50k is heaps and people are complaining its too lenient hahahahaha 50k... cmon thats a ridiculous amount of money. Should of been 4 games and 5k Fine.. only 20 games in the new comp.

First time posting an article, so have likely done it wrong.... but I am chuffed to see he has stamped down hard on these muppets.

NRL hands out hefty fines to players for breaking coronavirus restrictions - ABC News
Hefty fines - maybe, but he has not "stamped down hard" when 60% of fines are suspended. And worse, a one game suspension suspended! In other words, a slap (tickle) on the wrist.

What a joke of a penalty for their stupidity (selfishness), which could've ruined the entire 2020 competition!

PVL is the man he has been amazing in getting the game back on the road again. As for these muppets... 50k is heaps and people are complaining its too lenient hahahahaha 50k... cmon thats a ridiculous amount of money. Should of been 4 games and 5k Fine.. only 20 games in the new comp.
It's not 50k mate...it's 20k and no game suspension. Way too lenient for me.

It's not 50k mate...it's 20k and no game suspension. Way too lenient for me.
Screenshot_20200428-222155_Samsung Internet.jpg
no sir its 50k each and 1 game

The NRL harboured a secret fear when coming up with the penalties.

Part of the thinking behind the NRL’s light punishment was that the game needs to sell all the stars it can at the moment.

Latrell Mitchell emerged as something of a cult figure last year. Nobody is faster than the Fox, Josh Addo-Carr. Penrith’s Nathan Cleary will one day be more popular than both.

Not only did the game want all four on the field to give the game solid star power to sell in this hour of need — it will certainly help the sell to Nine — an unspoken fear was the game does not know how many more players will break the rules over the season and did not want to create a precedent it could not recover from.

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys declared the next player to breach social distancing rules won’t get off as lightly.

“The next one will be harsher,” V’landys said. “We’ve given them the benefit of the doubt in this instance. Out of every negative is a positive and the positive here is that every player is on notice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after acting NRL chief Andrew Abdo says he isn’t concerned about punters feeling the game has gone soft, after stars Latrell Mitchell, Josh Addo-Carr and Cleary escaped suspension over serious social-distancing breaches.

New slimy head.... same FU to the fans

Last edited:
Did any of the women get fined?

No social distancing there. Not family, and catching an uber to go to another friends place.

Cleary said:

“My sister’s friends and girls I have grown up with were drinking down the road on the street,” he told Nine News.

“They came by and popped in and said they were just waiting for an Uber before they went to someone else’s house."

The NRL harboured a secret fear when coming up with the penalties.

Part of the thinking behind the NRL’s light punishment was that the game needs to sell all the stars it can at the moment.

Latrell Mitchell emerged as something of a cult figure last year. Nobody is faster than the Fox, Josh Addo-Carr. Penrith’s Nathan Cleary will one day be more popular than both.

Not only did the game want all four on the field to give the game solid star power to sell in this hour of need — it will certainly help the sell to Nine — an unspoken fear was the game does not know how many more players will break the rules over the season and did not want to create a precedent it could not recover from.

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys declared the next player to breach social distancing rules won’t get off as lightly.

“The next one will be harsher,” V’landys said. “We’ve given them the benefit of the doubt in this instance. Out of every negative is a positive and the positive here is that every player is on notice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after acting NRL chief Andrew Abdo says he isn’t concerned about punters feeling the game has gone soft, after stars Latrell Mitchell, Josh Addo-Carr and Cleary escaped suspension over serious social-distancing breaches.

New slimy head.... same FU to the fans

Disgraceful.

I was as disappointed as anyone at the wet lettuce penalties .... but I have changed my opinion ... in V'landy's I still trust ...

By not going nuclear or postal he has given himself the option of escalating to greater levels if needed ... by pointing out that the NRL's vital Biosecurity measures don't come into effect until the 4th May .. and the fact the players were not at the time of the incidents under the auspices of their clubs ... he has kept the option of putting all on notice that from that date ... the response from the NRL will be vastly different ....

He also had to consider as many are suggesting ... that there is probably evidence of another 20 or more numbnuts waiting in line to post their stupity .... If he had hit the Taree 2 with ten weeks he would have to give Nathan the Chin 10 weeks ... and maybe 20 more players who have been stupid over the past month ... that could/would have been a nightmare . ..

The way he has done it allows him to say to all the clubs .... you got lucky darlings ... but anything after the 4th when they are back under your control .... will be viewed entirely differently and the penalties draconian ....

At least I hope I am reading it correctly ...

Nope. IMO the NRL have effed this one up big time.

At a time when they are trying to convince governments that they can control the players and have everyone, especially the players, stick to the guidelines to the letter ... they have basically given Mitchell, Addo-Carr, Davis and Cleary nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

I wonder how Harawira-Naera and Okunbor are feeling knowing that they didn't actually break any laws, yet basically lost their jobs while those 4 have basically gotten away with breaking laws including social distancing, unlawful use of firearms and unlawful use of unregistered motor vehicles.

At a time when they are trying to convince governments that they can control the players and have everyone, especially the players, stick to the guidelines to the letter ... they have basically given Mitchell, Addo-Carr, Davis and Cleary nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

The Telecrap is reporting that the NRL met with the Qld Premier yesterday ... and that she has come to Jesus and is now supportive of a May 28th restart ....

For me it's too lenient given the potential harm they could have caused and potential reputational damage.

The fines are fine (put intended) with me, but they should have been spending time on the sideline for their stupidity.

Alot of work has gone into getting to this return and many players are worried about infection. Then these idiots go and break the rules.

I wonder how Harawira-Naera and Okunbor are feeling knowing that they didn't actually break any laws, yet basically lost their jobs while those 4 have basically gotten away with breaking laws including social distancing, unlawful use of firearms and unlawful use of unregistered motor vehicles.

And also .... from memory it was not the NRL that tore up their contracts ... it was the Bulldogs themselves that punted them .....

Players' decisions have jeopardised NRL restart: Berejiklian

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has described the actions of NRL players who have flouted social distancing restrictions as "beyond belief" and says they have jeopardised the competition's proposed May 28 resumption.

Former NSW State of Origin teammates Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr have been fined after going on a camping trip in the state's north, while fellow Blue Nathan Cleary was yesterday sanctioned after photos surfaced of the Penrith star partying with a number of women.

The incidents gave critics ammunition to question the league's ability to follow strict protocol measures required to relaunch its season.

"We always base any decision on health advice and on the ability of an organisation to stick to that health advice so I think it does jeopardise, what's happened, because the season hasn't even started," Berejiklian said.

"Ordinarily people might turn a blind eye here and there but not when it's life and death. We are in a pandemic. It's life and death. To compromise someone else's safety, that's inexcusable."

"The word disappointing doesn't really cut it, does it?

"Everybody's trying so hard to stick to the rules, everybody's trying so hard to do the right thing and then to have people behave in that way is beyond belief.

"There are a number of question marks and the organisation doesn't do itself any service by having players acting that way."

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said the community response to the incidents was appropriate. Police will allege Mitchell, whose three weapons have been seized and his gun licence cancelled, gave a firearm to somebody not authorised to use it.

"We took swift action in terms of the most serious breaches of the law which were firearms breaches and I think that's important from the community confidence perspective," he said.

"How they're judged by the community has probably been harshly and I think that's appropriate. As the Premier said, everyone's making sacrifices at the moment and I think people have the right to be disappointed."

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6