Well, Ive just been banned from LU for arguing that today's game wasnt rigged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Does anyone else post there ?

Cause I wont be posting there again, except for maybe a few choice words when the ban is lifted.

No. I don't.
That seems a bloody weird reason to be banned.
I've barely ever looked at it so I'll keep it that way.

Cause I wont be posting there again, except for maybe a few choice words when the ban is lifted.

I actually don't think today's game was rigged. The NRL is driven by the television stations who want close cames that people watch for the entire 80 minutes to justify advertising revenue. The only games that are rigged are the Brisbane games. Nine needs Brisbane to win to get the revenue.

Never looked at it, but I think you were right, as I said during the game day thread " here comes the square up".

I got banned for pointing out that Willow was wrong once.

My mate (Coby, the original owner and shareholder) let me back on, then copped it from Willow again, told me I could get back in if I apologised to him, no thanks.

IM glad you posted this mate i was going t start a thread saying if sports not rigged then thatll do me !!!!

Not even uncle toddy could get them home today ,cmon 20-6 down not one penalty for the home team all second half, i called it from 30 minutes out this would happen cherrys drop goal i wasnt so confident about but the penalty near fulltime for the square up i definitely was !!!!

How exactly would you rig an nrl game like today? Im guessing your somewhat joking when you say that??

Too many variables for any possible rig on a game like that. How many players involved? Refs? Coaches? Refs can give as many penalties as thay like but at the end of the day each team has to take the points and that comes down to players scoring that try or kicking that goal in that clutch moment.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
How exactly would you rig an nrl game like today? Im guessing your somewhat joking when you say that??

Too many variables for any possible rig on a game like that. How many players involved? Refs? Coaches? Refs can give as many penalties as thay like but at the end of the day each team has to take the points and that comes down to players scoring that try or kicking that goal in that clutch moment.

Think it's very easy to rig a Rugby League game. The game Is all about possession. Penalising a team for offside or stripping late in the tackle count is a game changer.

Thats just refs for you. Even up the penalties between teams so they dont look crooked.
Sides still have to do the job.

Does anyone think that an organisation as incompetent as the NRL could rig something? Anything?

I don't think it's rigging as such but I think they just love close games for TV ratings and I believe the refs do try and make the games close, Golden Point is the ultimate aim!!

I see it week in and week out.

If it wasn't for the late disallowed Raiders try I would agree that it was rigged game. I haven't seen a replay yet but at the ground, I would say it was only marginally forward at best.
By the way, I feel really sad for Ricky to have lost twice to us this year in golden point.

firstly I would not penalize a side for an entire half of footy whilst making some dubious calls against the other side

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7