Well done John Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I know I savaged him when he smashed Galloway with his elbow (Hoppa the Hyena) and was relieved at retirement being forced on him, but ....

Even at that time there was a lot of comment about him being a devoted father and family man and anyone reading the Sun Herald stories on John and William this morning could not help but be impressed with the man as a father.

Perhaps fatherhood, and bringing up well adjusted children, is the hardest and most rewarding task a man can aspire to. And Hoppa seems to have done an exceedingly good job of it if William is any guide.

Well done Hoppa, William is no pup.

Yep - agree with that.

John seems to have done & great Job with his kids. He has a right to be proud.

They are a real credit to him.

Last year at the after match function at the Gold Coast I was fortunate enough to spend some time talking to Will, and I've gotta say.. (and I'm going to sound like an old lady here, but) Will is such a polite, articulate sweet young man. I was blown away by how well spoken he was. He spoke about how proud he was to be playing for Manly just like his father, and that he hoped to achieve big things for the club and his dad.

Really, really lovely guy.

We cannot afford to let Will or his brothers leave Manly. The marketing potential from these boys is going to be bigger than Ben Hur. They have the talent but they have the looks to be anything. To attract sponsorships , TV appearances etc they are going to be huge and Manly MUST retain them.

The Gronk said:
I reckon its Mrs Hoppa that should be getting the gong.

See if you still agree with that statement in a few years when you see how much influence both parents have had on Gronk Jr. :)

Mata, I will never accept that Hoppa deliberately elbowed Galloway. It was a tackle gone wrong when a smaller man, Hoppa, jumps up to stop the taller man, Galloway, off-loading the ball. I was right in line with the 'incident'. I was going to ask Simpkins about that after the Cows game, but was so disgusted I just went to bed instead of waiting for the muppet to come back to the motel.

Yeah he was great when we were with him, was hard to believe he was 17

nita said:
Last year at the after match function at the Gold Coast I was fortunate enough to spend some time talking to Will, and I've gotta say.. (and I'm going to sound like an old lady here, but) Will is such a polite, articulate sweet young man. I was blown away by how well spoken he was. He spoke about how proud he was to be playing for Manly just like his father, and that he hoped to achieve big things for the club and his dad.

Really, really lovely guy.

Fro said:
The Gronk said:

See if you still agree with that statement in a few years when you see how much influence both parents have had on Gronk Jr. :)

Yeah, because I need to be a parent myself to know that one parent can have a much bigger influence than another. Its not like I have parents of my own or anything.

DSM5 said:
Mata, I will never accept that Hoppa deliberately elbowed Galloway. It was a tackle gone wrong when a smaller man, Hoppa, jumps up to stop the taller man, Galloway, off-loading the ball. I was right in line with the 'incident'. I was going to ask Simpkins about that after the Cows game, but was so disgusted I just went to bed instead of waiting for the muppet to come back to the motel.

You still fail to explain the elbow locked in place by the other hand and the eyes looking at Galloway's jaw. It was one of the ugliest high shots seen since Boyd took to Brohman.

The Gronk said:
Fro said:
The Gronk said:

Yeah, because I need to be a parent myself to know that one parent can have a much bigger influence than another. Its not like I have parents of my own or anything.

Another one to read in a while :)

Fro said:
The Gronk said:
Fro said:
The Gronk said:

Another one to read in a while :)

Yeah, I reckon. It looks so easy from underneath.

Not saying its hard/ easy or anything.

but it IS different. you might do it easy Matt, you might struggle. i dont know.

but you are in for a ride is all i'm trying to say :) enjoy it.

**** me you guys cant read to save your lives. All I am saying is that I think in this case the mum probably had a lot to do with how good her kids are.

Where did I say parenting is hard/easy?

Matabele said:
DSM5 said:

You still fail to explain the elbow locked in place by the other hand and the eyes looking at Galloway's jaw. It was one of the ugliest high shots seen since Boyd took to Brohman.

Mate if you watch the 1st half on the bigpond section of the NRL site you will see that at 38 minutes and 42 seconds Hoppa quite clearly hit him with his wrist and not an elbow and his hands are not locked to strengten the blow as you eluded to.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7