Weight is right for Cuthbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
Weight is right for Cuthbo
sportRugby League25 Feb 09 @ 08:05am by JASON AVEDISSIAN
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/weight-is-right-for-cuthbo/

FOOTAGE of Manly’s amazing premiership win in 2008 is serving as “ammunition” for slimlined Sea Eagles forward Adam Cuthbertson.

The 24-year-old has revealed he has shed up to 8kg in his bid to re-establish himself in Manly’s premiership-winning pack.

The Avalon junior was a passenger as the Sea Eagles swept all before them to claim last year’s NRL title.

But now Cuthbertson is ready to reclaim his spot in Des Hasler’s 17 in Manly’s quest for back-to-back crowns this year.

“I’ve got every confidence I’ll be playing first grade, if anything, I’m hungry to fight for a rep position,” he told The Manly Daily ahead of Monday morning’s World Club Challenge clash against Leeds.

“I’ve got no doubt I’ll be part of the 17.

“I’ve lost about seven or eight kilos, so I feel fit.

“I have been enjoying my training more than I ever had and I feel alive again.”

But still not game enough to tune in to Manly’s record-breaking grand final win last year.

A fundraising night for Noel Cleal’s wife Shelley - who is suffering from breast cancer - at Warringah Mall last month is the only time Cuthbertson has dared to watch the 40-0 drubbing over Melbourne.

Since then, he’s all about creating his own highlights reel.

“They had the night at the cinemas for Crusher’s wife, I watched the grand final that night, besides then, no I haven’t watched it,” Cuthbertson admitted.

“It’s definitely hard, it gives me ammunition to remind myself as to what I missed out on. It makes me hungrier to get there again.

“It was a bit tough at the end of last year, not playing in the finals and grand final, but I wasn’t fighting fit at the end of the year.

“I was carrying a bit of weight.

“But I’ve turned it around with a hard off-season and it’s looking like a big year for me.”

A year to prove he belongs in top company.

The Sea Eagles are set to announce International Sports Clothing as a new sponsor worth $1.6million over the next four years on Wednesday.

Cuthbo looked very sad walking around Telstra last year.  He's got the ability, it's about consistency really and his tackling style.  With his weight drop maybe he'll be more able to get the time on the paddock he deserves.  I really think his undeserved sending of in Canberra by that weasel ref was a turning point for him last year.  He seemed to lose confidence.   

I see he has got a spot on the bench for WCC, hopefully just the start he needs for a big season

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4