Weidler's latest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Despite strong praise from club boss Joe Kelly there is continuing talk that Toovey is under the pump. The line is being pushed that players are not developing on his watch and Toovey knows losing the battle for Kieran Foran to Brad Arthur can't help – that would hurt even more than Daly Cherry-Evans.

The pressure started to mount on Toovey after the loss of Glenn Stewart. Senior players wanted him to fight to the death to keep him at the club and to make the board offer him a deal. Since that time the tide has turned against Toovey.

He wanted Anthony Watmough to stay – he didn't. And, of course, he wanted Cherry-Evans to stay.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-bob-fulton-for-support-20150314-1446rn.html

I believe the part about senior players wanting Toovey to fight tooth and nail for Gifty, and then turning on him when Gifty wasn't offered a contract; that's information he would have been given by Choc and it makes sense if you piece the puzzle together.

However, on what grounds are players not being developed by Tooves? We were one win off the minor premiership last year with a budget pack and a faded out due to injury. I don't think this comes down football, it comes down to Foran and Choc being disgruntled with Toovey, and getting along with Brad Arthur because he wasn't part of the Gifty fiasco (the ol' grass is greener on the other side scenario).

Foran won the Manly player of the year two years running, and both he and DCE are commanding over a million a season, not based on what they did under Hasler 4 years ago, but what they are continuing to provide under Toovey over the last few seasons. We made a GF in 2013, and should have taken out the minor premiership last year. What is Foran expecting? To go to the Eels and become super human?

10449542_861864970533489_8271056951971519609_n.jpg

Foz the little pussy just can't handle Tooves intensity. The guy is intense because the jersey means a ****ing lot to him you ****bag!

I understand why DCE is leaving. He got offered bulk cash from the NRL to prop up the Titans. Can't blame a guy for chasing multi millions.

What I don't understand is how Foz thinks any other club can develop him more. He has multiple great players including Johns (arguably the best half ever) as his mentors and Toovey who is super tough like Foz wants to be. But he wants to leave that for what, Brad Arthur? Am I seriously missing something.

Toovey holds players to account and is intense. He demands perfection and is never satisfied. I guess Foz wants to take the easy road.

As for the players not following Toovey, Mason and JSL looked pretty pumped while Toovey was speaking. Mason is an experienced player who was previously coach by the 'Super Coach Bennett'. I never saw him that pumped under him so Toovey can't be doing too badly.

Foran won the Manly player of the year two years running, and both he and DCE are commanding over a million a season, not based on what they did under Hasler 4 years ago, but what they are continuing to provide under Toovey over the last few seasons. We made a GF in 2013, and should have taken out the minor premiership last year. What is Foran expecting? To go to the Eels and become super human?

A contract with an NFL team. And perhaps a cool aero nautical try celebration like.... The Fozzie Fokker?

I thought Joey Johns is the halves coach, and that arthur was more of a defensive coach. So is foran wanting to improve his defence skills or his overall skills as a half. Didn't foran not insist on Joey being his coach at Manly the last time he signed a contract with us. Does foran not rate Joey any longer. I am just a bit confused

I thought Joey Johns is the halves coach, and that arthur was more of a defensive coach. So is foran wanting to improve his defence skills or his overall skills as a half. Didn't foran not insist on Joey being his coach at Manly the last time he signed a contract with us. Does foran not rate Joey any longer. I am just a bit confused
Which goes to prove its all about the money and quite frankly Foz as good as he may be he is not over 1.2 million times as good .

Didn't foran not insist on Joey being his coach at Manly the last time he signed a contract with us. Does foran not rate Joey any longer.
I was told last year that Foz wasn't happy with joeys input. I assumed this meant he wasn't happy with joeys coaching. I was wrong. What he wasn't happy with was that he wanted Joey to have MORE input, but Tooves was against this. Apparently this has been sorted now and Joey will have more input. Apologies for my original post a few months ago which was incorrect. I misunderstood the info I was given.

Last edited:
You thinking that is probably my fault. I was told last year that Foz wasn't happy with joeys input. I assumed this meant he wasn't happy with joeys coaching. I was wrong. What he wasn't happy with was that he wanted Joey to have MORE input, but Tooves was against this. Apparently this has been sorted now and Joey will indeed have more input. Apologies for my original post which was incorrect. I misunderstood the info I was given.
What i am told its all about the over $1.2m feathered friend , At the end of the day its all about the money and if Des could offer him more he would have become a dog as well .

Thats what a long term Sponsor told me too at the game.
Foz's an uneducated guy who is a money man just like his old man. His playing off Manly and Parra is a ploy to stay where he is long term on double the money.

Orr was Chez's problem as he never sat down to negotiate, just shoved the Sharks and Titans monies down as an ultimatum to Manly.

Manly were smart enough to foil the ultimatum of Orr, but feel that the Fans are demanding we keep one of the halves.

Hope Manly have read the emails about pandering to Foz. Last night showed the skillset of Chez is much broader than Foz's.

As has been posted by others, either are in the 800k ballpark, but anything above is not warranted @:cool:

Hard to see Chez reneging on being the Big Fish in a very little pond @:(

Foz wants to reneg for the right price@:cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7