Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No doubt an ordinary all round game....Blacktown lacked direction and this may seem over the top, but with Cust directing them would have got the W and looked far more fluent.
I am certainly not basing my opinion on Weekes from that performance as there were only fleeting moments on show, but if you watch his vision and ability to be in the right spot - like the try , he was in support 35 times where he did NOT get the ball, but put himself there and in better company, would have got far more opportunity....he has the speed and evasion also and with some more size and strength, could well get an opportunity in 1-2 years time.
The biggest concern I had with this game in general was the clunky attack and some poor defensive plays and to be brutally honest - Tafua was the only player who looked able, if selected in NRL today.
I’m by no means writing him off, but it would’ve been nice to see him get his hands on the ball more when we were attacking their line because he did look skilful when he got the ball. Some similar traits to Daine Laurie

agreed - we all make mistakes. We all have no idea to be honest. We all say things we wish we didn't. The key is to man/woman up when you are wrong - admit it and move on. No harm done then.
Wayne Bennett passed on Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Matt Ballin and others. Everyone gets it wrong, even the so called ‘experts’.

Scott Fulton seems very integral in recruitment and has a few runs on the board including these 2 blokes....keep them coming Scott.

SEA EAGLES

Tolu Koula

Height: 183cm

Weight: 93kg

Position: Fullback/centre

Scored a brilliant solo try in a Manly’s SG Ball game this year against Canterbury where he chip-kicked over the defence 15m from the Bulldogs tryline and caught the ball on the full ahead of the Dogs fullback to score. Rated the fastest player at Manly — by a long way — after being signed at age 15 from schoolboy rugby union. Played in the winning 2017 Harold Matthews grand final and was then selected in the NSW under-16s. “He is a brilliantly fast and skilful player,” Manly recruitment manager Scott Fulton said. “Very powerful, too.”

Some even believe Koula could play NRL towards the back-end of next season.

Kaeo Weekes

Weight: 95kg

Position: Halfback/fullback

Signed by Manly from Asquith when just 14 years old and was quickly placed in the club’s junior development program. Played in Manly’s Harold Matthews side — which reached the 2016 grand final — before representing NSW under-17s at age 16. “He is extremely fast, very skilful, has a good kicking game and is a strong defender.,” Manly recruitment manager Scott Fulton said. “Behind Tolu Koula, he would be the quickest in the club.” Good judges are tipping Weekes to crack first grade in 2022. Captained Manly’s SG Ball side this season.

Will this happen in 2022? :)

@The better Robbo & @BOZO

Prediction 1.jpg

Prediction 2.jpg

During origin Garrick to fullback koula or weekes into the backline. Someone will play the suli role, given Manly hasn't bought a replacement yet.

Scott Fulton seems very integral in recruitment and has a few runs on the board including these 2 blokes....keep them coming Scott.

SEA EAGLES

Tolu Koula

Weight: 93kg

Position: Fullback/centre

Scored a brilliant solo try in a Manly’s SG Ball game this year against Canterbury where he chip-kicked over the defence 15m from the Bulldogs tryline and caught the ball on the full ahead of the Dogs fullback to score. Rated the fastest player at Manly — by a long way — after being signed at age 15 from schoolboy rugby union. Played in the winning 2017 Harold Matthews grand final and was then selected in the NSW under-16s. “He is a brilliantly fast and skilful player,” Manly recruitment manager Scott Fulton said. “Very powerful, too.”

Some even believe Koula could play NRL towards the back-end of next season.

Kaeo Weekes

Weight: 95kg

Position: Halfback/fullback

Signed by Manly from Asquith when just 14 years old and was quickly placed in the club’s junior development program. Played in Manly’s Harold Matthews side — which reached the 2016 grand final — before representing NSW under-17s at age 16. “He is extremely fast, very skilful, has a good kicking game and is a strong defender.,” Manly recruitment manager Scott Fulton said. “Behind Tolu Koula, he would be the quickest in the club.” Good judges are tipping Weekes to crack first grade in 2022. Captained Manly’s SG Ball side this season.
They sound like very exciting prospects . Blessed with plenty of ability to thrill the fans and Kill the opposition

Well done Scott Fulton

With Schuster ,L.Fainu ,Koula Weekes, Tuipulotu, Saab and Tom , our backs are looking great for the next couple of years .Speed, creativity and defense is now what you need to play and we have plenty in this group .

Maybe could be some similarities with Weekes to Nicho Hynes , both look about the same built , good footy ability ,play in similar positions .Hynes has gone to a good level after some years of developing his game and getting the better opportunities . Can 't underestimate the limited opportunities with some up and comers and even some more noted players with Black Town largely out of action last season . Weekes apparently did not go that well in the ist grade trial this season , seemed to show something in a couple of early Black Town outings but again just taking note of Hynes eventually getting to a higher level and maybe Weekes could even follow suit . Have young Faini from Mathews as a serious 6 prospect and Schuster of course always a consideration but if he can improve some aspects of his game and some worthwhile opportunities in a short time frame , Weekes could well be in the picture as well . Don"t want to lose another good prospect if they are off the calibre [ or near ] like Hynes when they are already in the system .

With Schuster ,L.Fainu ,Koula Weekes, Tuipulotu, Saab and Tom , our backs are looking great for the next couple of years .Speed, creativity and defense is now what you need to play and we have plenty in this group .
Just need game smarts and they will be brilliant. That's NRL experience.

Well apparently he was in the top 30 as of 9 December but as of today I see he's gone missing from the club Teams page.
We've already gone through the Dylan Walker 'now you see him now you don't' saga... but hopefully this is just a web page malfuntion. Anyone know if there's been any recent sightings of this runaway kid?

Well apparently he was in the top 30 as of 9 December but as of today I see he's gone missing from the club Teams page.
We've already gone through the Dylan Walker 'now you see him now you don't' saga... but hopefully this is just a web page malfuntion. Anyone know if there's been any recent sightings of this runaway kid?

He's signed with the Bulldoggies ..

I can’t remember seeing him in the top 30 pics and I recall I thought the article saying he was on Top 30 was strange when he didn’t feature in the pics. However, if you recall his pic there SER8 I’ll accept that and if so, it’s very strange given the article on him in December.

I can’t remember seeing him in the top 30 pics and I recall I thought the article saying he was on Top 30 was strange when he didn’t feature in the pics. However, if you recall his pic there SER8 I’ll accept that and if so, it’s very strange given the article on him in December.

I saw that article you mention but mainly going off C&C's post here

I mean they had that article talking him up on the website only a few weeks back so surely he is still about

He was never put into the NRL team on the club website,he is still in the KOE Reggie's page though.
I would think it is just that we can be slow on our website.....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4