Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's important to get in early with a positive prediction. What if we have a thread trawler that might dredge this one up in a couple of seasons time ? You don't want to be that guy that said he could/couldn't play (depending on whether it turns out he could/couldn't play)
Yeh you flip a coin and hope right - thats about the intelligence here

Before we all get too excited can i dare suggest we leave it to our multiple Premiership winning coach to decide when each of these kids are ready?

I know i know.

Half on here will be screaming blue murder that they will never get a run but i think that's the safest bet.

Before we all get too excited can i dare suggest we leave it to our multiple Premiership winning coach to decide when each of these kids are ready?

I know i know.

Half on here will be screaming blue murder that they will never get a run but i think that's the safest bet.

Well , as the royal commentator, the Queen also doesn't rush into giving the next generation their shot all that quickly. lol

It's important to get in early with a positive prediction. What if we have a thread trawler that might dredge this one up in a couple of seasons time ? You don't want to be that guy that said he could/couldn't play (depending on whether it turns out he could/couldn't play)
Its all about the phrasing

Nobody goes trawling for posts like "not sure the kid will make it, he still has areas to work on.

But more of the forum deal in hyperbole and will go straight to "kids a donkey who will never EVER play first grade"

Thus when someone goes on the kill it in first grade a lil trawl is deserved.

Maybe in the halves for Weekes , looks good on his feet but apparently his defense in the pre season trial may have been a bit lacking . No doubt has some ability though probably not best shown at full back

Definitely fraught with danger making any kind of prediction on Silvertails these days.

Maybe in the halves for Weekes , looks good on his feet but apparently his defense in the pre season trial may have been a bit lacking . No doubt has some ability though probably not best shown at full back
If you watched the trial there's no way you'd say he is a half. I feel he is one of those kids that has good genetics and athletic ability but doesn't really suit any position in particular on the footy field. On my limited viewing of him I'd be willing to put a line through his name for a 1st grade gig.

Definitely fraught with danger making any kind of prediction on Silvertails these days.
It’s the modern world with all this technology. In the old days you could just talk about things and if it was wrong just later deny it. Now you deny it and someone has captured a screenshot so you’re exposed not only for the original foolishness but also for the dishonesty of the false denial.
Quite challenging times

It’s the modern world with all this technology. In the old days you could just talk about things and if it was wrong just later deny it. Now you deny it and someone has captured a screenshot so you’re exposed not only for the original foolishness but also for the dishonesty of the false denial.
Quite challenging times
No need to deny, in modern times it’s just referred to as changing your mind!

Weekes and koula have just played SG Ball. They have been given great opportunity to enhance their skills in the Reggie's. I wonder if they will play any flegg this year or next? Koula might be ready for a shot at NRL in 2023 and Weekes who knows, maybe 2023 or more likely 2024 as a backup fullback. Tippytoes is not ready for NRL this year and has a few ahead of him this year. Who knows what Des is going to do with Garrick and Walker's contracts.
I feel Garrick had a bit to do get his contract extension off Des 2 years ago.

Quite challenging times
Very true and what's worse - ppl can cut and paste snippets and leave out the actual interpretation
of what's been stated, along with leaving out their own botched stories....very scary times, especially for a simple footy site.
This thread is probably not a great example as based on opinion only....and personally have messed up a few predictions on future stars....rated Anderson a young Addo Carr and fell way short, also got a couple right here and there.
If anyone brings this thread up in 2 years I was either right or wrong but not scared to share my opinions or what I know or think either way

Last edited:
Weekes and koula have just played SG Ball. They have been given great opportunity to enhance their skills in the Reggie's. I wonder if they will play any flegg this year or next? Koula might be ready for a shot at NRL in 2023 and Weekes who knows, maybe 2023 or more likely 2024 as a backup fullback. Tippytoes is not ready for NRL this year and has a few ahead of him this year. Who knows what Des is going to do with Garrick and Walker's contracts.
I feel Garrick had a bit to do get his contract extension off Des 2 years ago.
Totally agree with this summation. Anyone who thinks any of these players you mentioned are ready for nrl now, or even next season, are thinking a little too optimistically

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2