We Will Know Something About Des On Tuesday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If he picks Hodkinson at half in first grade next week could the first person that sees the team sheet ring 1800STRAIGHTJACKET.

He will clearly have lost all his senses and will need to be put away for his own well being.

Re: We Will Something About Des On Tuesday

He will pick him next week and the week after Bob you can be assured because Des has reverted to his one dimensional thinking again just like our one dimensional team driven by our DOG halfback with no idea and no guts. I havent been this disgusted since the N.E days.

Haha funny you shoould say that. My bro and old man were at the game tonight, amongst the flurry of texts was, "this reminds me of the N.E days". Well it isn't really that funny at all.

The Cherry Bomb's a must next week.

I am with you mick, I dont mind getting beaten at all.

But that effort was ****.

I'd like to wager CASH that barring injury, Hodko / Foran will be our 1/2's next week....any takers?

Ryan, as a betting man and one who takes it fairly seriously, I would bet you but the odds will be about $1.10 because injury is the only reason anyone gets dropped at Manly.

??? :mad: :-[
That was really bad, My wife said she has never seen the look on my face that  had while I was watching the game tonight.
I wont bag players but that was terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can cop a loss when I see we have had a dig and got outplayed by a better team, but the **** this team has been serving up this year is unacceptable for this club. We have given up in so many games this year and tonight was an absolute disgrace. This club is in a deep deep crisis that isn't going away any time soon.

I am quite happy for tonights 17 to run out onto the park next week, on the condition that Des lays it on the line to them that they run out in the Manly jersey, put 100% into it and that if they don't there are a number of players on their last chance. That is a way to test the hunger in the likes of Perry and Hodkinson

So what to do?  My solution is to suffer through this season, get rid of Des at the end of the season and the new guy to pick players on form.

Just read Des's diary and he says the problem is not attitude.  Jamie says he agrees with Des and we just need to get a bit of spark back.

Who is in charge of 'getting a bit of spark back'.  The coach or the players?
Is the answer for the coach to put a rocket up them all week at training?.  Is it up to the players to spark themselves if they feel flat?
Maybe they need to introduce some young blokes because to me, some of our forwards don't seem hungry enough.  In fact, they seem a liitle fat and content.  

mozgrame link said:
Just read Des's diary and he says the problem is not attitude.  Jamie says he agrees with Des and we just need to get a bit of spark back.

Who is in charge of 'getting a bit of spark back'.  The coach or the players?
Is the answer for the coach to put a rocket up them all week at training?.  Is it up to the players to spark themselves if they feel flat?
Maybe they need to introduce some young blokes because to me, some of our forwards don't seem hungry enough.  In fact, they seem a liitle fat and content. 

Maybe we should send someone down to AutoOne for a set on Spark Plugs or a set of Jumper Leads.

If Jason King  never got dropped in 2006/2007 no one ain't ever gunna get dropped,But i admit he is our form prop

MANLY4LIFE link said:
do we think des,s position as coach is in strife ??

Personally I dont. Des is the coach until he doesnt want it any more and at just 49 years of age I would suggest he will be around for at least another 5 or 6 years at Manly.

im a a fan of des but surely some of these dramas have to also fall back on him dont they ? constantly picking players who arent in form,poor interchange decisions,ineffectiveness in fitness etc etc he has to put his hands up for these things i reckon ,things need to change .

Unfortunately our year is over though :(

Its not the coach's fault... its the halfback's..

He's the one that is on the field... that is ment to guide the rest of the pack around the field and create the most amount of opportunities.

That clearly isn't happening.. since Hodkinson's signing with the Bulldogs, he and Foran haven't gelled and he's not goiving any direction or creativity in attack.

Bring in DCE.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6