We will be alright.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bird of Prey

Reserve Grader
Lets not get pissed off with a couple of champions departing the club thats just the way it is these days . The only true long term loyal people are the supporters , players come and go . Will you stop following the club if we struggle in the next couple of seasons? I look forward to the next crop of young champion players coming through our ranks , so good bye and thank you to the players leaving and bring on the future what ever it might be at the mighty sea eagles.

Glad its out and finally the club can start to move on. This era is over and it is now crucial the club learns and grows from this.

Always remember this club is way bigger that any selfish individual.

Here's a comment I posted to this online article, http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/02/2...erry-top-daly/comment-page-2/#comment-3839614

[“I think we have seen the end of the Manly Dynasty.”

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen that written or heard it said. Still waiting for it to happen. It’s the culture of Manly that keeps us on top. Generally, players improve in the Eagles jersey and go backwards when they leave. No one player owns the culture, which has been evident as far back as 1950 when Wally O’Connell voluntarily sat out the 1950 season rather than be forced to play with Easts due to out-dated residency rules.

Cherry-Evans may well leave, so may Foran. Manly will not only survive but prosper. We will unearth the next DCE, Foran, Hodkinson and plonk them in a backline that contains the likes of Stewart, Lyon, Matai etc and play behind a pack containing Ballin, Buhrer, Mason, Mateo, Burgess.]

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I agree, but I still can't watch a team that still HAS players in it biding their time to piss off to Parramatta & The Sharks. Toovey needs to grow some balls, and demand commitment from every player.

We need a Brian Smith type of culling now.

Lets not get pissed off with a couple of champions departing the club thats just the way it is these days . The only true long term loyal people are the supporters , players come and go . Will you stop following the club if we struggle in the next couple of seasons? I look forward to the next crop of young champion players coming through our ranks , so good bye and thank you to the players leaving and bring on the future what ever it might be at the mighty sea eagles.

Well said mate. While some departures are not as smooth as we would like, there is always high value in showing sense of security by accepting things and making the most of our situation.

Well said mate. While some departures are not as smooth as we would like, there is always high value in showing sense of security by accepting things and making the most of our situation.

Then I hope you enjoy parting with your $$$$$ every week this season, that are going into Parramatta & Sharks players pockets. Players who will be attempting to sink our club in 12 months.

Then I hope you enjoy parting with your $$$$$ every week this season, that are going into Parramatta & Sharks players pockets. Players who will be attempting to sink our club in 12 months.

That's a piss poor attitude to have. All clubs are going to have to get used to star players signing elsewhere whilst still playing for their current club. Let's see how strong we are in handling it.

That's a piss poor attitude to have. All clubs are going to have to get used to star players signing elsewhere whilst still playing for their current club. Let's see how strong we are in handling it.

I disagree. Look at the way Cooper Cronk handled his contract negotiation as an example. Not every player is a mercenary. Not every player lacks loyalty. In fact PL, look at the way Manly players negotiated their contracts prior to Foran and DCE getting here.

Remember, this whole mess started when the senior playing group were upset because historically, they all took haircuts to remain together, so your theory is bull****.

There is still some integrity in the game despite these two blokes.

I disagree. Look at the way Cooper Cronk handled his contract negotiation as an example. Not every player is a mercenary. Not every player lacks loyalty. In fact PL, look at the way Manly players negotiated their contracts prior to Foran and DCE getting here.

Remember, this whole mess started when the senior playing group were upset because historically, they all took haircuts to remain together, so your theory is bull****.

Cronk, like Beaver, is the exception to the rule. Everything is rosy at Souths at the moment but there is talk that Inglis wants to sign with Brisbane. All clubs will have to get used to having star players sign elsewhere in advance.

We've been dealt a **** hand but it's the Manly way to always be in with a fighting chance. Even if both of our halves sign elsewhere, I don't want to feel down and out. What about you?

HAHAHAHA again. Cronk is the guy that was taking overs outside the cap. He is also definitely not on small coin because Melbourne can't afford to field a decent team around him smith and slater. I think he's just as much of a mercernary but the storm managed to stump up the cash. Look at who they've lost to resign cronk over the years. Nielson, Hoffman (twice), oneil, waqa, tolman, widdop just to name a few

I don't mind parting with my cash if the cause is right. It will be an issue for the club if a player signs with another club in 2016 and plays for the club this season. If their form is crap then they will be benched or dropped if they are in form and helping to win games leave them be. If we happen to win the grand final at the end of the season with the help of departing players I will be the first to cheer them and send them on their merry way next season.

@Ryan that would be your hard earned as well wouldn't it noting you are a season ticket holder?

I haven't paid my membership every year for 9 years now because of a couple of players, I have done so because I support the team, whoever is in it.

Got to say disappointed and say sad. I love this club always have always will.
To have a kid like him leave is gut wrenching, we have done this before in 2003 a lot worse. The thing thats hurt we imploded from within all the through being so successful. I agree never recovered from des leaving,
I think we need to rebuild we have been here like penrith did.
Is toovs man for challenge i don't know, will penn take risk with des in 2017 (or earlier).
Lets blood kids nothing to lose gutho, tom t, liam knight all bright futures and i forgot jake t. Will snake and matty stick around to finish career here.
Sign i few forwards to make us competitive, but not huge money earners. Dce i don't know ....my gut says gone also.
These 2 kids don't really have manly on there heart, back in 04 des bloodied the likes of snake, gifty, choc, matai lets blood our next crop.
We will rise again, but for this season i simply going to find it hard to enjoy.

To have a kid like him leave is gut wrenching, we have done this before in 2003 a lot worse. The thing thats hurt we imploded from within all the through being so successful. I agree never recovered from des leaving,
Is toovs man for challenge i don't know, will penn take risk with des in 2017 (or earlier).
Lets blood kids nothing to lose gutho, tom t, liam knight all bright futures and i forgot jake t. Will snake and matty stick around to finish career here.
Sign i few forwards to make us competitive, but not huge money earners. Dce i don't know ....my gut says gone also.
These 2 kids don't really have manly on there heart, back in 04 des bloodied the likes of snake, gifty, choc, matai lets blood our next crop.
We will rise again, but for this season i simply going to find it hard to enjoy.
?

41zTczMC89L._SY355_.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6