We need this in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
There is footage of a pre-meditated brawl in a hockey match where as soon as the whistle sounded players dropped their sticks and punched on. It was very 'dignified'. When one of the players in each brawl fell to the ice the refs stopped the fight and sent the players off for just five minutes to cool down. It seemed so gentlemanly. Everybody seemed pleased with the action. Nobody over reacted. (Story follows). Hopefully Global will be able to post the vision and provide more of a back story to the way fighting is looked upon in professional ice hockey.
Six NHL players dropped their sticks to the ground and began trading punches as soon as their game began on Wednesday night, with both teams' penalty boxes filling up in a wild first quarter.
The brawl resulted in Rangers' Kevin Rooney, Colin Blackwell and Phillip Di Giuseppe, and Capitals' Nic Dowd, Carl Hagelin and Garnet Hathaway all sent from the ice for five minutes.
The actions of the Rangers players were seemingly in response to an incident on Monday, when Capitals winger Tom Wilson was fined, not suspended, for punching Rangers forward Pavel Buchnevich in the back of the head while he was face-down on the ice.

There is footage of a pre-meditated brawl in a hockey match where as soon as the whistle sounded players dropped their sticks and punched on. It was very 'dignified'. When one of the players in each brawl fell to the ice the refs stopped the fight and sent the players off for just five minutes to cool down. It seemed so gentlemanly. Everybody seemed pleased with the action. Nobody over reacted. (Story follows). Hopefully Global will be able to post the vision and provide more of a back story to the way fighting is looked upon in professional ice hockey.
Six NHL players dropped their sticks to the ground and began trading punches as soon as their game began on Wednesday night, with both teams' penalty boxes filling up in a wild first quarter.
The brawl resulted in Rangers' Kevin Rooney, Colin Blackwell and Phillip Di Giuseppe, and Capitals' Nic Dowd, Carl Hagelin and Garnet Hathaway all sent from the ice for five minutes.
The actions of the Rangers players were seemingly in response to an incident on Monday, when Capitals winger Tom Wilson was fined, not suspended, for punching Rangers forward Pavel Buchnevich in the back of the head while he was face-down on the ice.

I can...

tom wilson is a serial ****wit

I'd like to post more but the whole situation still infuriates me so here's a cut n paste about the situation.

Wilson was fined $5,000 by the NHL Department of Player Safety for roughing New York forward Pavel Buchnevich on Monday. Rangers forward Artemi Panarin is out for the season after he was injured during that sequence of events. (wilson grabbed him by the hair and flung him into the ice...and the nhl did neither fine nor suspend)

The teams combined for 72 penalty minutes in the first 4:14 of the game. Each team had six fighting majors, including three apiece directly after the opening face-off and one for Capitals forward Tom Wilson at 50 seconds.

Wilson was challenged by and fought Rangers defenseman Brendan Smith.

"I had no beef with anyone else on their team," Smith said. "It had to be on my shoulders, and I thought I took it."

Wilson also received a 10-minute misconduct at 15:56 of the first Wednesday. He did not return because of an upper-body injury. Laviolette said Wilson should be fine.

Buchnevich was assessed a five-minute major for cross-checking and a game misconduct at 4:39 of the second period.

The teams combined for 27 penalties totaling 141 minutes.

---------------------------------------------

fights can be for a variety of reasons:

trying to get your team fired up (say if you're down by 3 goals)
in response for someone hitting you
in response for something that happened in the previous game
when a goon hits your non-fighting team mate. If you're your teams goon, you go in and throw 'em.

Refs will step in when one play falls, the other player won't hit a fallen over player
Refs will step in if a player hasn't fallen, but is kinda just hanging on getting toweled.
Refs will step in if players are circling and doing nothing.

fighting is an enigma in the nhl. It's both seen as something that is essential... but something that the nhl kinda doesn't wanna see because of cte injuries. Still, at the same time...weee! ratings!

I'm still pissed, but outta respect for you @The Who here's tis. Best I can do.

additional fights...same game

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4