We Must Buy A Quality Prop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know a halfback is essential but we must also replace Perry with a top line front rower.

We need a younger version of Luke Bailey/Petero to go with King/Kite?Rose for next year.

If only Matt Scott or Dave Shillington were on the market.

Any suggestions?

I don't think we have the cash for any more high quality player purchases. We are struggling to keep the players we have......

I think Trevor Thurling from the Raiders is a real gun, he plays hard and carries the ball really well

I'm thinking Tony Williams guys....ala the world cup. Big, mobile (for a prop), has an offload in him, and can definitely munch up the metres. He could also play plenty of minutes.

I've said it a few times, he could be like Matt Prior at The Dragqueens, who also plays centre, then shifts to prop when required.

Ryan link said:
I'm thinking Tony Williams guys....ala the world cup. Big, mobile (for a prop), has an offload in him, and can definitely munch up the metres. He could also play plenty of minutes.

I've said it a few times, he could be like Matt Prior at The Dragqueens, who also plays centre, then shifts to prop when required.

Im no expert, but I would like the opposite, Tony playing at prop and only moving to centers if required.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184249.msg278009#msg278009 date=1280012963]

Im no expert, but I would like the opposite, Tony playing at prop and only moving to centers if required.
[/quote]

Yep...agree.....we have depth at centre with Hoppa / Whare....soi keep T-Rex in the forwards.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=184249.msg278012#msg278012 date=1280013256]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184249.msg278009#msg278009 date=1280012963]

[/quote]

Yep...agree.....we have depth at centre with Hoppa / Whare....soi keep T-Rex in the forwards.
[/quote]

I am hardly a NRL coach, and would imagine I would do a terrible job, so frankly my advice is worth nothing, and Des is better off doing whatever he thinks. That said I am hoping he will used in the forwards off the bench with a fit Rose, plenty of impact there.

Dave link said:
I think Trevor Thurling from the Raiders is a real gun, he plays hard and carries the ball really well
Have to agree. The raiders have a couple of good young boppers.
Tilse would be solid, if available?

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Dave link=topic=184249.msg277999#msg277999 date=1280007029]
Have to agree. The raiders have a couple of good young boppers.
Tilse would be solid, if available?
[/quote]

The price of any raiders buy is going to go up every week, so now is  the time.

the only 1 from raiders i would like is tom learoyd lars  , with dessie as his coach he would be devestating..he has been rated since he left broncos for them years back but injury has culled his progress but with dessie i reckon he could be one of the best in the nrl..

jjai link said:
the only 1 from raiders i would like is tom learoyd lars  , with dessie as his coach he would be devestating..he has been rated since he left broncos for them years back but injury has culled his progress but with dessie i reckon he could be one of the best in the nrl..

I like a lot about the Raiders this year, a few players down there would do justice to a Maroon and White jersey.

I keep reading about tony playing in the forwards in the World Cup but am sure he played on the wing, when I get a bit of time i might chuck the highlights DVD in and have a look

I can see where this push for Tony to be moved to the forwards is coming from, but his defense and lateral movement seem to be improving with each passing game. Also he would have to be one of our most consistent try scorers this year, I guess today's game will shed a little more light on the subject.

jjai link said:

Well at least you have suggested a really top player.

I am talking Scott, Shillington, Bailey, Petero and people are throwing up Tony Williams????

A good prop will win you a comp, remember Kevin Ward and David Gillespie and Brent Kite.

If I was CEO for a day I throw a fortune at Matt Scott.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7