We have a Maroon in trouble . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
EagleFromMay1967 said:
It's on NRL.com
But we don't know which one ?
Anyone have any Goss?

Will Chambers is in hot water, was out drinking with Billy Slater & Ben T'eo. Some guy was there with his gf, WC stole her hat & when her bf grabbed it back WC pushed him to the ground... Guy is laying charges lol. NRL will do nothing tho cause it's storm

I wonder if the Brett 4 week suspension rule will come into play?

Interesting Cordner just laying into the Rorters for fining him 5k on that infamous night with Pearce.

Not a happy Chook Pen :D

Where there is smoke there is fire.

I say, send in Todd Carney. I hear he has a knack with the odd fire hose or two, he sure knows how to dose the flames. :s :huh: :D :p

OneEyedEagle said:
Where there is smoke there is fire.
I say, send in Todd Carney. I hear he has a knack with the odd fire hose or two, he sure knows how to dose the flames. :s :huh: :D :p
"dowse"

WC: What a coward, what a piece of crap, stealing the gf's hat, looking for an excuse to thump an innocent bystander, who was, trying no doubt, to defend his lady's honour, by getting her hat back.

WC: Water closet: that can be his new nickname: TOILET ! Toddy may yet have a role to play.

Nice to see we are not jumping to any conclusions (alba what happened to Brett) and letting an investigation takes it course

Nice to see we are not jumping to any conclusions (ala what happened to Brett) and letting an investigation takes it course

strone33 said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
It's on NRL.com
Anyone have any Goss?

Will Chambers is in hot water, was out drinking with Billy Slater & Ben T'eo. Some guy was there with his gf, WC stole her hat & when her bf grabbed it back WC pushed him to the ground... Guy is laying charges lol. NRL will do nothing tho cause it's storm

Where did you hear that take on the story because its been reported the other way around, in that it was Teo's hat and WC just tried to get it back?

I'm no fan of Chambers, but agree with lsz. We would defend out own in situations like this saying people don't know the full story, yet we are quick to jump on others.

strone33 said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
It's on NRL.com
Anyone have any Goss?

Where did you hear that take on the story because its been reported the other way around, in that it was Teo's hat and WC just tried to get it back?

I'm no fan of Chambers, but agree with lsz. We would defend out own in situations like this saying people don't know the full story, yet we are quick to jump on others.

"I’m very thankful that the quality of player in the Queensland side puts the game first. They understand their responsibilities and they don’t jeopardise their positions or the opportunity to be selected in the Queensland side," Meninga said prior to game one. (referencing pearce's incident)

.........!

But as lsz (usually) points out, let the investigation run its course.

It's interesting that the online news is full of articles about carney, and now chambers but it was only by chance that I saw an afl player was charged with multiple counts of rape and is still allowed to play footy.

The afl media certainly has a different attitude towards its game than the nrl media.

Not really GE.

The media particularly in Victoria can be just as ruthless and indiscriminate.

Just depends on the profile of the player in question, sometimes.

Just recently Dane Swan was front page news for merely attending a ''celebrity'' dinner that included a high profile crime figure.

Similarly Buddy Franklin can't smile at someone in Sydney without it reaching the tabloids.

From what I've seen in regard to the Majak Daw case (apart from his lower profile) it's complicated by the fact the charges date back 6 or 7 years to when he was 16 years old.

I agree with you that the NRL media are quick to judge; the same can happen down south.

ahh, ok I just thought there were discussions on here and in the media at large how the afl media protect the game but the nrl media only highlight the bad, and very rarely the good.

Sounds like I am just a misinformed foreigner!

edit: I shall now go and make/eat my third waffle.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
globaleagle said:
ahh, ok I just thought there were discussions on here and in the media at large how the afl media protect the game but the nrl media only highlight the bad, and very rarely the good.

Sounds like I am just a misinformed foreigner!

edit: I shall now go and make/eat my third waffle.

all that sarcasm, and before a 3rd waffle, it usually takes me at least 3 waffles to get close to that

lol - it's the maple syrup!

There was no sarcasm there...(I didn't think anyway, I dunno...it's early)

I now have to take the dog for a walk and pick up its poop.....after that you'll see some real sarcasm!

Meanwhile the better half spends the morning skiing! #worseendofthedeal

(plus when I saw the title...I did initially think that it was about a manly player)

globaleagle said:
lol - it's the maple syrup!

There was no sarcasm there...(I didn't think anyway, I dunno...it's early)

I now have to take the dog for a walk and pick up its poop.....after that you'll see some real sarcasm!

Meanwhile the better half spends the morning skiing! #worseendofthedeal

(plus when I saw the title...I did initially think that it was about a manly player)
You think you have problems, we left the cover off of the sandpit and all the neighbourhood cats peed and pooped in it in about a 10 minute period. I now have to find a place to empty the sand, clean it out and source new sand.....I hate cats

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6