We get a look at our new signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sweet. Hopefully they manage to give him a decent amout of 1st grade experience before the comes our way. We'll at least know what areas to work him in the off season should he get a few games under his belt.

I have heard a rumor from my mate who is a Parra fan, and also had a look over at LU Parra section.
Apparently Parra are blooding Williams this week, and are going to match our offer and sign him through the "round 13" loophole.

Hope its not true.

Have to admit though that it seems a little odd that you lose a young star to a rival club then you go play him in first grade!!  Why would they do that??

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001023,00.html

The Luke Lewis loophole
Article from: The Sunday Telegraph

By Steve Mascord

June 01, 2008 12:00am

MORE than a dozen NRL contracts could be made null and void this week if clubs employ what is now knows as the Lewis loophole.

Luke Lewis's about-face to stay with Penrith after agreeing to join South Sydney has exposed an out-clause for players changing clubs in 2009.

Only one player who has signed with a rival club has had his current team waive in writing its right to make a counter offer before round 13.

"I think you'll find more clubs making stipulations, but it depends on your situation,'' said Souths chief executive Shane Richardson.

"Why would you waive your right to make a late offer for someone unless you wanted someone out of the club? Your salary cap position could change.''

Cronulla and the Roosters exchanged emails regarding Anthony Tupou, which would make it difficult for the Roosters to make a bid to keep him.

But stars like Israel Folau, Willie Tonga, Ben Hannant, David Shillington and Josh Morris could all employ the Lewis loophole and renege on their new deals this week if they wished.

"Hopefully everyone now understands it's a good idea to check with a player's current club to make sure he has permission to complete a deal somewhere else,'' NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"The round 13 rule is vastly superior to the old June 30 rule.''

St George Illawarra chief executive Peter Doust said he wouldn't consider trying to stop Morris from joining the Bulldogs at the last minute.

"It's just that Ian Schubert won't register the contract before round 13,'' Doust said.
And Penrith aren't about to try to keep Canberra recruit Nathan Smith despite gazumping Souths on Lewis.

"I think one of those is enough,'' said chief executive Mick Leary.

Canberra chief executive Don Furner said he had verbal agreements with both Michael Weyman (St George Illawarra) and William Zillman (Gold Coast) that he accepted their departures.

Cronulla's Tony Zappia said he had ensured there would be no complications regarding Tupou.

"I sent (Roosters CEO) Brian Canavan an email asking if we could announce the signing,'' Zappia said.

"He sent one back saying they could not match the offer and confirming we could announce it. It's pretty simple.''

NEW RULES 2007 (since the NRL scrapped the June 30 anti-tampering deadline)
- Anyone can talk to any club at any time
- A contract won't be registered with the NRL until after Round 13
- A player can sign for another club at any time but their existing club has the protection of knowing that until Round 13 they have the right to continue negotiations to try and retain that player.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/F...7/2008_mov.htm

ants link said:
Have to admit though that it seems a little odd that you lose a young star to a rival club then you go play him in first grade!!  Why would they do that??

Not sure if you've noticed but Parramatta are actually quite desperate for some competition points.

Eric Grothe has been very very terrible this year.

can someone pose the above question about the signing loophole over at MSE and see what response it may get

Something might be up with Parra as a couple of their supporters on LU said that williams had his worst game ever last week.

Hahrdly the sort of performance to warrant eleveation to first grade.

Sounds like Fitzgerald is trying to convince him to stay.  In a way I hope that he has a shocker this weekend.

Nutzcraw link said:
[quote author=ants link=topic=177602.msg186038#msg186038 date=1212474221]

Not sure if you've noticed but Parramatta are actually quite desperate for some competition points.

Eric Grothe has been very very terrible this year.
[/quote]

yep did notice Nutz!!  Couldn't care less if they don't get any more competition points either!!

They just had the EELS on Channel 10 news. They had a little story about the biggest winger in the NRL a bloke making his debut by the name of T Williams. The bloke is a whopping 113kg, he is a Monster.

At the end of it they had Luke Burt talking him up then the Ch 10 bloke came in and said for the EELS not to get to excited as he was heading to Manly next year.

It will be interesting to see him on the weekend, he said he loves nothing more than just running over the top of someone!!

Post from Admin on MSE

Parramatta have denied making a late bid to retain Tony Williams.

His manager also stated today that says he will honour his contract with the Sea Eagles and is looking forward to joining us next season.

Lets hope he has a blinder and scores 4 tries.

What an awesome week.  Only one thing left to do - smash the Roosters.  Then we can go hit up the federal govt for some more funds  ;D

From the Parra forum on Lu

Sorry to be the bearer of bad News guys, but one of my Customers, PMP Print at Chullora, is the employer of Mr Williams senior (didn't know this until this morning). I was speaking to my sales contact who is his boss and talk got around to Footy and this particular situation. My contact said that Williams is 100% signed sealed and delivered to the Eagles and that they were dissapointed in the offer from Parra. Apparently he wanted to stay at Parra but they offered him $55k a year and Manly offered him $150k a year so it was a no brainer really. The Eels were made aware of this offer and declined to go anywhere near it.

Straight from the horses fathers mouth and very specific. You can talk about loyalty all you like but a young bloke would be crazy to knock back an offer like that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6