We are always the victim and it's never our fault!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I had a bit of a chuckle today when Scam Smith said that he blames David Gallop for the salary cap scandal where his beloved Drizzle cheated their way to premiership success and the expense of our club and the rest of the competition.

History has a habit of sometimes overlooking the facts of the day.

The Drizzle were sprung running two sets of books. Their players signed two contracts and were given overs as a result.

I do blame Gallop for not dealing with this until it was too late, this did happen under his watch!

The fact of the matter is the Drizzle did this cunningly and squealed like stuck pigs when it was revealed the scale of what they had done.

Scam Smith is lauded in the game for his achievements. You cannot deny that. What will forever be a stain on him and the whole Drizzle organisation is their systematic cheating. Something that they never apologised for, Continue to commerate their illegal premiership wins and no one from the NRL has the guts to stand up to them due to their locality and so called vital importance to the game.

Scam Smith may well be named an immortal of the game and for me his reputation is forever tarnished by the events of 2010 and the total denial of the damage he and his club did to the game!

Im still filthy the players and Bellamy didnt get punished.. poor players, poor coach, it was the nasty ceo that did it...
Load of utter crap.. these guys have been signing contracts since they were 14/15 years old... dont tell me that signing 2 separate contracts for 2 different pay figures wasn't out of the ordinary for these clowns.. esp when boats and free house extension started falling in their laps magically at the same time... whole lot of them should have been dragged over the coals and charged with fraud..

Im still filthy the players and Bellamy didnt get punished.. poor players, poor coach, it was the nasty ceo that did it...
Load of utter crap.. these guys have been signing contracts since they were 14/15 years old... dont tell me that signing 2 separate contracts for 2 different pay figures wasn't out of the ordinary for these clowns.. esp when boats and free house extension started falling in their laps magically at the same time... whole lot of them should have been dragged over the coals and charged with fraud..

This!!

Bellamy, Smith and co. were up to their eyeballs in it. The players, including Smith, might not have known what their team mates were getting, but they all knew what was happening, and at the very least knew full well that what they were doing personally with 2 contracts was totally against the rules. That's one thing I could never forgive Gallop for, that he gave the coach and players a free pass on it like they were just innocent victims of those dastardly corporates who ran and backed the club. It was total BS. They were about as innocent as my a-hole the last time I was in an elevator.

IMO, in 2010 we should have seen the likes of Bellamy, Smith, Slater, 1nglis, Cronk, Folau and Crocker (among others) de-registered for at least 12 months.

Former NRL boss David Gallop responds to Cam Smith
- By David Gallop

I was surprised to read Cameron’s opinion.

Unfortunately, Cameron is just plain wrong.

The situation at the Storm was under investigation for months.

Our investigation had uncovered evidence of substantial non-disclosure of player payments putting the Storm over the cap for a number of years, including evidence of a dual contracting system being used for champion players.

We wrote to the Storm requesting that they attend a meeting with the NRL by the end of the week, where they would have an opportunity to make full and frank disclosure.

The chairman, Rob Moodie and the new CEO, Matt Hanson, flew to Sydney the next morning and quickly admitted a number of substantial past and current breaches of the cap, including in seasons in which they had been premiers.

They told us about the folder with the secret contracts of some of the best players in the competition which Hanson had been told to keep at his home by Brian Waldron. This red Manila folder was given to us.

They knew the game was up. We had the final pieces of the jigsaw.

There was no other fair answer after that. In fact, Moodie specifically asked for us to “get it over and done with”.

The season was in full swing.

We will never fully know what the players were told about signing extra contracts. Their agents were obviously heavily involved.

The subsequent investigation was done to get to the bottom of why things had gone so wrong at the Storm. That report found that the club was even further over the salary cap.

Put simply, we knew plenty thanks to the work done by our salary cap auditor, Ian Schubert, and the admissions of guilt by Moodie and Hanson on that day.

The punishments were obvious and clear.

Cameron should direct his criticism to the culprits, not the NRL administration which acted fairly and appropriately on the facts in front of it. Indeed, we followed the NRL rules agreed to by all clubs.
Those premierships could not stand given the extent and nature of the breaches.

Nor could that team of players fairly compete against the other clubs in the 2010 season which was underway.

Last edited:
This!!

Bellamy, Smith and co. were up to their eyeballs in it. The players, including Smith, might not have known what their team mates were getting, but they all knew what was happening, and at the very least knew full well that what they were doing personally with 2 contracts was totally against the rules. That's one thing I could never forgive Gallop for, that he gave the coach and players a free pass on it like they were just innocent victims of those dastardly corporates who ran and backed the club. It was total BS. They were about as innocent as my a-hole the last time I was in an elevator.

IMO, in 2010 we should have seen the likes of Bellamy, Smith, Slater, 1nglis, Cronk, Folau and Crocker (among others) de-registered for at least 12 months.

A laughing emoji for the 2nd last sentence.....it had me in fits of laughter. Thanks dude!

Former NRL boss David Gallop responds to Cam Smith
- By David Gallop

I was surprised to read Cameron’s opinion.

Unfortunately, Cameron is just plain wrong.

The situation at the Storm was under investigation for months.

Our investigation had uncovered evidence of substantial non-disclosure of player payments putting the Storm over the cap for a number of years, including evidence of a dual contracting system being used for champion players.

We wrote to the Storm requesting that they attend a meeting with the NRL by the end of the week, where they would have an opportunity to make full and frank disclosure.

The chairman, Rob Moodie and the new CEO, Matt Hanson, flew to Sydney the next morning and quickly admitted a number of substantial past and current breaches of the cap, including in seasons in which they had been premiers.

They told us about the folder with the secret contracts of some of the best players in the competition which Hanson had been told to keep at his home by Brian Waldron. This red Manila folder was given to us.

They knew the game was up. We had the final pieces of the jigsaw.

There was no other fair answer after that. In fact, Moodie specifically asked for us to “get it over and done with”.

The season was in full swing.

We will never fully know what the players were told about signing extra contracts. Their agents were obviously heavily involved.

The subsequent investigation was done to get to the bottom of why things had gone so wrong at the Storm. That report found that the club was even further over the salary cap.

Put simply, we knew plenty thanks to the work done by our salary cap auditor, Ian Schubert, and the admissions of guilt by Moodie and Hanson on that day.

The punishments were obvious and clear.

Cameron should direct his criticism to the culprits, not the NRL administration which acted fairly and appropriately on the facts in front of it. Indeed, we followed the NRL rules agreed to by all clubs.
Those premierships could not stand given the extent and nature of the breaches.

Nor could that team of players fairly compete against the other clubs in the 2010 season which was underway.
that would have to be the smartest words I've seen come from gallop, i wonder if he'd like to review the brett stewart stuff up now

The guy is a sociopathic egotist.

I'm not sure how well he will function in normal society which may be why he doesn't want to retire.
If he had any sense he'd STFU and let sleeping dogs lie. All he's succeeded in doing is reminding everybody what a complete arsewipe he is......he and his teammates should have been made to hand over the money they were paid for their second contracts. Anybody who believes they didn't know what they were doing is unbelievably naive.

Dear NRL

Just hand us the 2007 premiership, it's the right thing to do.
trouble with that is then doesntmatter would be entitled to ask for the 2009 premiership as well.
im all for our claim in 07 but weighing up us getting it in 07 & parra getting it in 09 or just going with no winner in those years & me being able to put crap on parra supporters for the next 20/30 years(because lets face it, they are no hope of winning another g.f.) makes it a tough call

So now its a cat fight between Gallop and Scam, how wonderful! Goes to show you the denial and contempt that Scam and the Drizzle cronies truly had for the game back then.

This happened under Gallops watch so he is just as culpable.

And this is done to gain attention for a book launch. How pathetic!

As my articles headline reads, Scam, You are always the victim and it's never your fault!!

trouble with that is then doesntmatter would be entitled to ask for the 2009 premiership as well.
im all for our claim in 07 but weighing up us getting it in 07 & parra getting it in 09 or just going with no winner in those years & me being able to put crap on parra supporters for the next 20/30 years(because lets face it, they are no hope of winning another g.f.) makes it a tough call

Good point @castle eagle

I knew they were cheating for years.. always said it to my mates. The day i got the call confirming what i already knew i was in a state of pure jubilation! Those cheating scumbags are a blight on the game we all love and now this **** with sCam imo its bringing the game into disrepute and they need to be fined. All of them from sCam to bellamy

I knew they were cheating for years.. always said it to my mates. The day i got the call confirming what i already knew i was in a state of pure jubilation! Those cheating scumbags are a blight on the game we all love and now this **** with sCam imo its bringing the game into disrepute and they need to be fined. All of them from sCam to bellamy
My old man used to say the same about them. Knew it for years and he used to get so worked up about it. He died of a stroke after watching the 2009 GF, no doubt riled up about the Storm “winning”. No one should let sport get to them like it did to my old man, but I will always have a special dislike of the Storm and their cheating ways.

It comes down to the integrity and so called level playing field. The issues of 2006-2010 did horrible damage to the game and that team was largely kept intact and able to enjoy future success and regular finals footy.

The fact of the modern NRL is you have the same old teams mostly in the top 8, Drizzle, Rorters and Vermin.

Cheating 101 was written by the Melbourne Drizzle learned from the Brisbane Donkeys who did the same and got away with it year after year. The common denominator, they are both News Filth spawn!!

If he had any sense he'd STFU and let sleeping dogs lie. All he's succeeded in doing is reminding everybody what a complete arsewipe he is......he and his teammates should have been made to hand over the money they were paid for their second contracts. Anybody who believes they didn't know what they were doing is unbelievably naive.

And anybody that believes that Bellyache, or any other 1st grade coach doesn't know what every single player on his roster is being paid to the cent ... is off with the fairies ... His defence that other people handle the recruitment and retention was the greatest heist of integrity ever ....

Fair dinkum ... does anyone think Dessie doesn't know how much each player is contracted for ? .. or that he wouldn't be suspicious if told that they can have 11 current SOO players plus we have the cap money to sign Tedesco because Tom is on $300k and Jake on $250 and Teddy has agreed to come here for $250k ....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7