Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Anyone hear anything about Watmough getting fined by the club during the week.
Apparently he got blind drunk and couldn't talk or walk, wanted to fight the bouncers at the Manly Wharf Bar last week.
I thought he had settled down over last 12 months and was off heavy drinking out in public.

Wielder, Bec & Buzz will go on and on about in their columns if its true.

Hadley made a comment about a high profile Manly player, "playing up" recently.. just before the six o'clock news. He said it'll be in tomorrow's Sun Herald. I've been trying to find out some info without any luck..... this might be it.

The way he has been playing I'd suggest he has been on the drink all year.

Alcohol incident...Manly star fined

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/choc-fined-over-latest-bar-strife/story-e6freye0-1225881740581
Choc fined over latest bar strife
    * By Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson
    * June 20, 2010

We received the following email and have verified the accuracy from several sources about Watmough's drunken antics at the Manly Wharf bar last weekend - the same venue for the club's ill-fated season launch last year.

The email read: "Hey guys, I happened to be down at Manly Wharf bar on Sunday afternoon. I and a number of other people witnessed Anthony Watmough, absolutely blind drunk, so much so that he could barely even stand or speak.

"The bar staff attempted to cut him off, at which point he tried to fight all of the security staff. The guy is an absolute disgrace."

The Sea Eagles have confirmed Watmough has been disciplined, fined and warned about his behaviour.

They also received a copy of the email from a person who wanted to remain anonymous.

"To his credit, Anthony has accepted responsibility for his actions," Hasler told us.

"He's done the wrong thing, he knows he's done the wrong thing, and he's apologised and accepted the fine."

To Hasler and Manly's credit, the club was totally up front about the incident, even without knowing we had an email from an eye witness.

Others in the game could learn from their open and honest approach instead of covering up these incidents.

Coincidence that the mwse forum was pulled on or about the time of the latest Choc incident? Zorba needs a good slap for being such a hypocrite. It's not the fans and members that are stopping the Sea Eagles from looking like a professional outfit, on and off the field. Nice bit of attention deviation me thinks.

what he got drunk who cares i done what he did so have 100 other poeple i know and how many times when you go the pub do you see other poeple the same get over it loser.s

This could be a shocking coincidence and I hope. The media don't get hold of it but iot fined last sunday at the maryborough pub crawl for drink liqour in the street ha ha

toovs link said:
what he got drunk who cares i done what he did so have 100 other poeple i know and how many times when you go the pub do you see other poeple the same get over it loser.s

and 100 other people also throw 50c coins at their gf's head, punch out sponsors at season launch and call their daughter a dirty slut or equivalent?
He is supposedly an elite professional sports person. He has been reprimanded several times in the past for his off field antics and you want to go on defending him and calling us losers for our opinion?
Tooves, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

I think choc is braindead sometimes. All this hype about him being an "army of one" has gone to his head. Time to show us what you've got choc, after signing a new contract his form has been poor.

Dan link said:
This could be a shocking coincidence and I hope. The media don't get hold of it but iot fined last sunday at the maryborough pub crawl for drink liqour in the street ha ha

Did you happen to see anybody dressed up as Fred & Wilma Flintstone whilst you were there Dan? My youngest son and his girlfriend were there too and dressed up as them.

The issue here is not about private behaviour and getting intoxicated. It is public behaviour. Choc was in a public place, he has a contract and he brought attention to himself. He has about 300 thousand reasons to stay out of the limelight. Manly has a very strict policy for players but my guess is because Choc was not playing, he was out and on the turps. This is the reason that I don't think he is suitable material ever to be Manly captain. Manly sponsors and the game don't want and can't afford this sort of publicity.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=toovs link=topic=183650.msg267816#msg267816 date=1276983361]

and 100 other people also throw 50c coins at their gf's head, punch out sponsors at season launch and call their daughter a dirty slut or equivalent?
He is supposedly an elite professional sports person. He has been reprimanded several times in the past for his off field antics and you want to go on defending him and calling us losers for our opinion?
Tooves, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

[/quote]
hang on wamf
50c coins at gf head you have a source for that one, think you will find its hearsay.

As for wat was reported he wants be captain maybe he should pull his head in and act like a leader instead of an arrogant twat

Jethro saw them at the brolga, we were the ones who had the footy and started a game of tackle footy, until the ball was confiscated.

Ha ha

That tired and emotional shot of him in the Sunday Bellylaugh, with the Red Bull in hand, would be going down a treat at head office in Narrabeen.

Well done Anthony - you are the PR Nightmare of One...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6